Science Forums

Thermal Physics Anyone?

gr8vity

Is anyone here an expert on thermal physics by any chance? I need your help D:

So I'm a bit of a noob on this field but I need to pass this course on thermal physics. We are to run an experiment and back it up with a short essay. I decided to write my essay on the transition of copper from hot to cold. However, I have no clue how to operate the instrument that (I think) I'm supposed to use which analyses the temperature and performance of a substance. Does anyone have the DTA PT1600 by linseis in their lab by any chance and knows how to use it? I don't really understand the explanations on their website. 

Please, I really need your help. My professor isn't in town at the moment and the essay is due until December 20th. 

Is anyone here an expert on thermal physics by any chance? I need your help D:

So I'm a bit of a noob on this field but I need to pass this course on thermal physics. We are to run an experiment and back it up with a short essay. I decided to write my essay on the transition of copper from hot to cold. However, I have no clue how to operate the instrument that (I think) I'm supposed to use which analyses the temperature and performance of a substance. Does anyone have the DTA PT1600 by linseis in their lab by any chance and knows how to use it? I don't really understand the explanations on their website. 

Please, I really need your help. My professor isn't in town at the moment and the essay is due until December 20th. 

I don't pretend to be expert on this, but I feel it might help if you can give an idea of what the experiment is that are you supposed to run. And also, tell us why you chose copper.

When I read your enquiry my first thought was to see if copper undergoes any phase transitions that might be detected. But I have drawn a blank on a quick web search.  

I don't have much experience with the high temperature testing, only low temperatures using liquid Nitrogen. (Fast way to cool your beer)

What I would suggest, if you haven't already done so, is to contact Linseis directly, using their contact form and be sure to tell

them exactly what you hope to achieve with your experiment.

I have no doubt they will be very helpful.