Science Forums

Discussion Of "the Concept Of Jobs And Money"

Mariel33

Jobs and money is a meme.

People working to live, but living to work is depressing. I was reading a article about the law of averages. The law of averages is a cool concept.

This showed me that you are going to run into sht with whatever you are doing in life.

It's kinda reassuring knowing that it's mathematically justified.

Edited by Buffy

People working to live, but living to work is depressing.

I don't find it so.

This showed me that you are going to run into sht with whatever you are doing in life.

Again, I haven't found this.  Some people run into sh*t, some people are quite happy.

• 2 months later...

A job is anything a person does, the question is whether it can be monetized in the market, exchanged for money.

Money is the means of commercial exchange.

It is fiat just like it was fiat when it was invented. A roman general would mine gold and mint sovereign coins to support standing armies. Those coins would trickle into public.

In medieval times some nobles were granted minting powers to support their armies and trade.

They would make as much as they wish and the mines would allow, regardless of productivity or any other economic concept. Finances are separate from economy.

Today, it is not much different. Exept that the poor are not allowed this cashflow by fiat politics. For example, Cuba's average income is $20. Is that marketplace at work?! No, Are people going to work 8 hours there worth less? No.

it's fiat politics.

Edited by engcat