Science Forums

Thinh Nghiem Say Hello To All Of You

theodorenghiem

Hello all,

Sorry that I have been here for a long time, but I was so busy to introduce myself.

I am a Vietnamese, and currently I am living in Auckland city, New Zealand to follow a post graduate program.

I like science Mathematics, Physics from my childhood, Until now when working as an engineer, I often do some simple scienctific experiments at my home as a hobby. Also mathematics is my favorite area.

Thanks

Hello all,

Sorry that I have been here for a long time, but I was so busy to introduce myself.

I am a Vietnamese, and currently I am living in Auckland city, New Zealand to follow a post graduate program.

I like science Mathematics, Physics from my childhood, Until now when working as an engineer, I often do some simple scienctific experiments at my home as a hobby. Also mathematics is my favorite area.

Thanks

Welcome. I'm relatively new to the site.

As much as I try to believe I can contribute to the site's science and mathematic threads, I think my real contributions are just to politics and sociology.

Welcome to hypography, Thinh! :) Sorry about guessing your name wrong in this post – I jad no chance of getting “Thinh” from “theodorenghiem”.

You’ve likely already noticed that many of us hypographers like mathematical questions, and have been enjoying your relationships between prime number and Fibonacci number thread.

I believe you’re the first STEM student from Vietnam I’ve met. I’m curious to know about your experiences getting to where you are now - with your country’s school system, its government, your family, etc. – and what you hope to do and where you hope to do it in the future. I hope some of that future will be spent posting more interesting ideas here at hypography. :)

I was born in the US in 1960, living in southern West Virginia for most of my first 25 years, then, after getting a BS in Math and teaching a little, moved to the Washington DC area, where I’ve been programming computers for a health care organization for the past 31 years. Hypography’s been my favorite place to share and learn about math and science for the past 11 years, and I’ve put some effort into keeping it up, in an era of the internet where small site are increasingly eclipsed by the like of Facebook and Twitter. We’re small, but offer an experience that can’t be had in bigger forums.