Science Forums

Ufo Sighting

Uttara

A profound piece of advice. Considering that these sightings are unpredictable and random, if they happen at all, I recommend that nobody ever goes outside alone, just in case they see a UFO. Or a unicorn. I saw a skink in my garden a few weeks ago, but nobody believed me, and I was alone. Never again.

Post a date-stamped photo of you and the skink, or it didn’t happen.

It appears that Tenerife is a volcanic island that formed from the ocean floor, so it is not associated with Europe or Africa.

Tenerife is an island created volcanically, building up from the ocean floor 20–50 million years ago.[42]

According to the theory of plate tectonics, the ascent of magma originating from the Earth's mantle is produced by the effects of tectonic activity from faults or fractures that exist at the oceanic plate. These fractures lie along the structural axes of the island itself, forming themselves from the Alpine orogeny during the Tertiary Period due to the movements of the African plate.

Underwater fissural eruptions originated from the pillow lava, which are produced by the rapid cooling of the magma when it comes in contact with water, obtaining their peculiar shape. This pillow-lava accumulated, constructing the base of the island underneath the sea. As this accumulation approached the surface of the water, gases erupted from the magma due to the reduction of the surrounding pressure. The volcanic eruptions became more violent and had a more explosive character, and resulted in the forming of peculiar geological fragments.[42]

After long-term accumulation of these fragments, the birth of the island occurred at the end of the Miocene Epoch. The zones on Tenerife known as Macizo de Teno, Macizo de Anaga and Macizo de Adeje were formed seven million years ago; these formations are called the Ancient Basaltic Series or Series I. These zones were actually three separate islands lying in what is now the extreme west, east, and south of Tenerife.[43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife

You might soon be in danger of going off-topic.

I think I am way past that point, unless I can find a way to tie the break-up of the super-continent to alien influence.  Internet forums almost invariably go off-topic at some point, but I will try to stay on topic.

Edited by fahrquad

Ben Rich, 2nd CEO to Lockheed Martin Skunk Works states, "We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects, and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do it.”

“We now have technology to take ET home. No it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars.”

Here is a link to the Youtube video.  At no point does the video show Ben Rich, and all of the allegations of alien influence are made second hand.  The only person interviewed states that Rich told him they had technology 15 years beyond anything he had seen, but he says nothing about hearing Rich confess to UFO technology.  The only allegation is what is typed in the video, and is highly dubious.

Edited by fahrquad

• 1 month later...

Ben Rich, 2nd CEO to Lockheed Martin Skunk Works states, "We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects, and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity. Anything you can imagine, we already know how to do it.”

“We now have technology to take ET home. No it won’t take someone’s lifetime to do it. There is an error in the equations. We know what it is. We now have the capability to travel to the stars.”

Citation required. I do not believe anybody in that position in a reputable organisation would say what you claim he has said.

You seem to make a speciality of making dubious claims. I think it is about time you started to justify them. 

It seems there is a reference, albeit second hand, and perhaps just a throw-away line, by Ben Rich (2nd CEO to Lockheed Martin Skunk works): ‘We now have the technology to get ET home’.

See: SIRIUS from Dr Steven Greer, full free documentary (21 April 2016) on youtube and scroll to 1hr 36m to see the quote mentioned over the following minute or two.

Source:  

Or are the military experimenting with high energy artificial ball lightning, pushing them round the sky somehow, there are a fair few experimental stealth aircraft up there as well, the aliens from mars line is good cover for experimental aircraft, anyway, aliens would never get through the Van Allen belts, A shuttle got to 350 miles up, 650 down from the Van Allen belts proper and the high levels of radiation worried them !

Or are the military experimenting with high energy artificial ball lightning, pushing them round the sky somehow, there are a fair few experimental stealth aircraft up there as well, the aliens from mars line is good cover for experimental aircraft, anyway, aliens would never get through the Van Allen belts, A shuttle got to 350 miles up, 650 down from the Van Allen belts proper and the high levels of radiation worried them !

:rolleyes:

Van Allen radiation belts

... The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners.[30] The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them. Apollo flight trajectories bypassed the inner belts completely to send spacecraft through only the thinner areas of the outer belts.[24][31]

Astronauts' overall exposure was actually dominated by solar particles once outside Earth's magnetic field. The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rem (50 mSv) per year set by the United States Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.[30]

Today, it was around 7.57pm when we saw a flying object in the sky. The object was shining brightly like a huge star. It was blinking with the mixture of amber, green, red and white color lights. It shone in the sky for around 5-10 minutes. It shone brighter and brighter, and got disappeared within seconds. We have had this experience not only for the first time, it has happened for over 2-3 times that too in the same direction, at the same time and at same location.

Clearly an extraterrestrial craft whose occupants have a personal interest in you.

The truth is out there. :alien_dance:

Geoff, I agree with you about the military enjoying the UFO cover stories to hide secret operations. That said, I can think of a few examples that are difficult to explain unless our technology really has leapt ahead. Sorry to duplicate what has already been said about the Van Allen Belts, but I couldn’t resist adding to it:

The Van Allen Belts have been poorly explained by the mainstream, causing widespread confusion and even convincing some people we didn’t go to the Moon. There are two main belts. First, there is the inner belt from about 1000 to 6,000km above Earth’s surface (It can occasionally dip as low as 200km in the ‘South Atlantic Anomaly’ region allowing radiation levels to cause concern for the International Space Station astronauts). This inner belt around the Earth does not extend to known regions of higher latitudes so the Apollo flight trajectories were engineered to bypass it completely.

Second, there is the outer belt extending about 13,000-60,000km above Earth’s surface. Apollo astronauts were forced to travel through this at high speed (about 40,000km per hour) keeping the radiation exposure time to about 30 minutes. Using figures from the source below it seems a typical Apollo Moon mission exposed the astronauts to around 3rads (30 milliSieverts) (3,000 milliRems) total dose. The maximum dose for a six month International Space Station  seems to work out at about  2 rads (20 milliSieverts) (2,000 milliRems). Some countries use 5 rads (50 milliSieverts) (5,000 milliRems) as the maximum extra yearly dose allowed for workers in the nuclear energy industry. The average yearly dose received by us at the Earth’s surface is 0.35 rads (3.5 milliSieverts), (350milliRems).  

Humans have also made a significant impact upon the Belts, through older programs of nuclear testing. From something sounding like a plot from a sci-fi disaster movie, while carrying out nuclear tests in the early 1960’s before they were banned, humans temporarily created a new belt in the area between the Inner and Outer Belts. This temporary belt eventually dissipated, but was active during the time of the Apollo missions and like the Inner Belt, needed to be avoided.

Source http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/tour/AAvan.html

Source http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/radiation/

Wikipedia seems to disagree with my radiation level of around 3 rads for the Apollo missions and states the total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

A Zond 5 spacecraft with two tortoises on board was launched on 14 September 1968 by the Soviet Union. The Horsfield’s tortoises were sent on a circumlunar voyage along with wine flies, meal worms and other biological specimens. These were the first animals in deep space and the first inhabitants of earth to travel around the moon. The capsule overshot its terrestrial landing site but was successfully recovered at sea on 21 September. The animals survived but suffered some weight loss, proving the Van Allen Belts were passable.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animals_in_space