Science Forums

James Webb

Deepwater6

http://www.space.com/34593-james-webb-space-telescope-complete-2018-launch.html

The way things were going and so many countries involved, I had concerns this scope would never be completed. Anyway one hurdle down and we have the launch, placement, and roll-out yet. I'm apprehensive about the unfold, lots of steps, lots of moving parts.

Never the less I'm so excited we are this far and can't wait to see results from this new generation telescope.

The James Web telescope it going to disprove the big bang model, again. It's going to see fully formed galaxies at distances that are further back in time than the supposed age of the universe.

They'll have to invent something new to explain it. We already have dark matter, dark energy, dark flow and inflation, now we're going to need anti-inflation. Inflation to lock in the uniformity and then anti-inflation to slow it down so that it can be older and then dark energy to speed it back up again.

If you're just going to add BS processes with no explanation every time your pet model is falsified then you shouldn't call yourselves scientists!

• 2 months later...

How do we know space outside of our atmosphere exist? No one does any research, they just jump off of someone else's work. The very first scientist didn't have books to tell them what to think, do research for yourselves.

Take your own advice and do your own research rather than trolling this board. :earth:

How do we know space outside of our atmosphere exist?

How ‘bout ‘cause these things work?

satellite-technician.gif

Pointing a radio receiver at a fixed point in the sky and getting a signal is pretty good evidence of the existence of geosynchronous communication satellites, and very easy for anybody to get.

The thousands of people who build, launch, and operate these and other kinds of satellites and deep space craft have no doubt that outer space exists. The over 500 people who have actually flown there have even less doubt.

I did do my own research, show me an image of these so called satellites, they are all computer generated. Right on NASA's website they have numerous videos stating we can't get past low earth orbit. So if they admit now we never left our atmosphere proves either they faked going to the moon or, the moon is inside low earth orbit. After studying the moon, stars, and sun for 6 years I know that the sun and the moon are inside low earth orbit.

Your satellite theory is garbage. If earth were spinning so fast and on a wobble the satellite would never have signal. But if earth were stationary, you could point the transmitting dish in a certain direction, then point the receiving dish in the direction of the transmitting dish the signals will cross as long as the dishes aren't pointing straight up. If satellites were above us wouldn't it make sense to point the dishes up. The tesla coil proves you can concentrate a signal in a certain direction and it will travel in straight streams. Ever notice cell phone companies put their dishes on tall towers pointing slightly down. GPS could only work if earth were stationary, if not the coordinates would constantly change do to the wobble.

Your satellite theory is garbage. If earth were spinning so fast and on a wobble the satellite would never have signal. But if earth were stationary, you could point the transmitting dish in a certain direction, then point the receiving dish in the direction of the transmitting dish the signals will cross as long as the dishes aren't pointing straight up. If satellites were above us wouldn't it make sense to point the dishes up. The tesla coil proves you can concentrate a signal in a certain direction and it will travel in straight streams. Ever notice cell phone companies put their dishes on tall towers pointing slightly down. GPS could only work if earth were stationary, if not the coordinates would constantly change do to the wobble.

LOL Why do you suppose NASA and satellite companies are lying to us? And don't you know that if you expose their lies they will come looking for you? They know your location from those down-pointing cell tower dishes after all. :eek3:

LOL Why do you suppose NASA and satellite companies are lying to us? And don't you know that if you expose their lies they will come looking for you? They know your location from those down-pointing cell tower dishes after all. :eek3:

Not if you make yourself invisible by wearing a tinfoil hat........

satellite-technician.gif

Pointing a radio receiver at a fixed point in the sky and getting a signal is pretty good evidence of the existence of geosynchronous communication satellites, and very easy for anybody to get.

Oh yeah? So tell me this; wtf is that guy looking at? Does he think he can visually align the dish on the satellite?

This is more proof that geosynchronous satellites are fake!

satellite-technician.gif

Oh yeah? So tell me this; wtf is that guy looking at? Does he think he can visually align the dish on the satellite?

Now that you mention it, that is a pretty silly picture! I guess it’s a better add for the noble (and apparently steely-eyed) professionals of the satellite dish industry than a more realistic picture of them eyeing a signal strength meter and the little markings on dish mount while putting wrench to its adjustment bolts, like this one:

Your satellite theory is garbage.

It’s not my theory! It’s Galileo’s, and Newton’s, and Arthur C Clarke idea that people (him included, for shrewdly patenting the idea) could get filthy rich by spending tens of millions of US dollars to put geostationary satellites in orbit, then charge people to get radio signals from them.

Don’t be bad-mouthing Galileo and Clarke on a science forum! ;)

If earth were spinning so fast and on a wobble the satellite would never have signal. But if earth were stationary ...

Though maybe you’re just misinformed or confuse about the rate of the Earth’s precession, which science educators often call a “wobble” so that folk that don’t know the word precession can better understand them, I’m beginning to think you’re actually expressing the “if the Earth is moving, why can’t we feel it?” objection Galileo wrote about in his 1632 Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems. The idea that moving bodies in motion don’t inherently jerk and wobble the way a coach on a 17th century road does, is one of the key counterintuitive assertions underpinning Galilean relativity. If you don’t intuitively accept this idea, your worldview is in some key aspects 500 years out-of-date!

Or you may be a troll.

I did do my own research, show me an image of these so called satellites

Sure, right here: 

http://www.satsig.net/geopics.htm

http://home.clara.net/robertkeddie/Astro/geo.htm

It's actually fairly easy to do.  Get a telescope, point it at where the projected equator should be, and do a 1 hour exposure.  All the stars will blur out since the Earth is rotating the telescope beneath it.  The satellites will not, since they are fixed in relationship to the telescope.

Right on NASA's website they have numerous videos stating we can't get past low earth orbit.

No they don't.

After studying the moon, stars, and sun for 6 years I know that the sun and the moon are inside low earth orbit.

Those astronauts on the ISS must get awful hot when the sun passes them!  And then they have to live with another 23 hours of darkness . . . . I wonder how their solar power systems work?  Or is it . . . . all a CONSPIRACY?

Your satellite theory is garbage. If earth were spinning so fast and on a wobble the satellite would never have signal.

The earth isn't spinning "on a wobble."

The tesla coil proves you can concentrate a signal in a certain direction and it will travel in straight streams.

No it doesn't.

Ever notice cell phone companies put their dishes on tall towers pointing slightly down.

Yep, because most cell phone users are on the ground.

GPS could only work if earth were stationary, if not the coordinates would constantly change do to the wobble.

The coordinates DO constantly change.  That's why they have all those computers and stuff in GPS receivers to figure out where you are.

Edited by billvon

How do we know space outside of our atmosphere exist? No one does any research, they just jump off of someone else's work. The very first scientist didn't have books to tell them what to think, do research for yourselves.

We know space outside of our atmosphere exists because the heavenly bodies move in accordance with Newtonian law, space probes and the Mars rovers all provide visual and instrument confirmation. The Chinese Moon rover Yutu (Jade Rabbit) sent back great high definition vistas of the Moon and the American lunar reconnaissance orbiter took before and after pictures, showing first the empty Moonscape and then the presence of the Jade Rabbit/Chang'e 3 lander on the Moon. The laser reflectors left on the Moon by the Apollo 11.14, and 15 missions and the two Russian Lunokhod missions allow laser ranging to achieve giving the Moon’s distance from Earth so accurately that even the 3.78cm yearly orbital increase can be detected.  

It’s unfair to say no one does any research, yes, they stand on the shoulders of giants, but that is why we have all our modern day wonders and the next generation will no doubt be advancing even quicker using research (particularly in respect of computing I think) being done now.

I think it is good to question, so I hope this has helped.

I did do my own research, show me an image of these so called satellites, they are all computer generated. Right on NASA's website they have numerous videos stating we can't get past low earth orbit. So if they admit now we never left our atmosphere proves either they faked going to the moon or, the moon is inside low earth orbit. After studying the moon, stars, and sun for 6 years I know that the sun and the moon are inside low earth orbit.

Tell them a hookah smoking caterpillar has given you the call and call Alice when she was just small. When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go and you've just had some kind of mushroom and your mind is moving low go ask Alice, I think she'll know. When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead and the white knight is talking backwards and the red queen's off with her head remember what the dormouse said, feed your head, feed your head.