Science Forums

Is There Any Option For Me To Patent?

hi,thanks for your message!

really with extreme probability I will not be able to gain money even if I take acceptance from nature's any journal which has wide or widest impact factor.

because at first I don't want to be affiliated with any university ! (I don't need someones to give me courses)

With all due respect, you look like you very much need someone to "give you courses."  It could greatly improve your future prospects, if that's important to you.

so, probably it would be better to achieve academic accomplishment rather than gaining money.

Fortunately, there are a lot of schools out there in which you can pursue academic achievement.

Edited by billvon

really with extreme probability I will not be able to gain money even if I take acceptance from nature's any journal which has wide or widest impact factor.

If you want to make a paper you have written available for many people to read, you can upload it here simply by clicking the “choose files...” button that appears when you start or reply to a topic.

Uploading a paper to an forum like hypography constitutes reducing the ideas it describes to tangible form, so automatically establishes the paper’s creator copyright to it in Turkey, the US and most other countries, is a way in no way inferior to publishing it in a print and online journal like Nature.

Since you say in this topic that you submitted your paper to Nature, it was rejected, and you have question about why, I recommend you upload it in that topic. Interested people can then comment on your ideas, and why they were not acceptable to a reputable scientific journal.

but do not know what to do. I am able to write articles but when I thought my qualifications and goals then thought that "patenting" was better at all.

If the thing you seek legal protection for is a paper describing an idea, you need to copyright it, which occurs automatically when you make it available to the public.

If the thing is a description of a process (such as a computer program), a specific way of making (manufacturing) something, or a physical thing to be made, such as a machine, or a chemical or biological substance – which is termed an invention – you need to patent it. Patents don’t occur automatically, though publishing a description of a patentable thing may establish it as prior art, preventing others from patenting it, and granting you and others the right to make the invention or the things it makes and sell them without having to get permission or pay royalties to a patent holder.

Patents are much more complicated to obtain than copyrights, so if you believe your paper describes an invention rather than an idea, you should pay a patent attorney to discuss it with you.

Patents are much more complicated to obtain than copyrights, so if you believe your paper describes an invention rather than an idea, you should pay a patent attorney to discuss it with you.

Dear CraigD

I would thank to you for your comprehensive and nice comment. 

yes almost all of my studies are relevant to patenting ,rather than protecting ideas in a journals with the shape of papers.

nature photonics mailed me (response to my mail)

could you inform me please, what should I do if they request or would me to submit the second one or revision version for previous one,shouldn't I resubmit ?

furthermore,my paper had not gone to peer review. but in spite of this I see someones are repeatedly warning one detail saying / advising me "if I submitted to a journal  in public (especially which is recognized ) ,then I could not obtain patent or it would be very difficult then".

but as Chief editor rejected ,thus none knows except chief editor,how it would be so difficult to obtain patent and/or why?

one more query: as you see we cannot pay any bill or cost,and in this case how will I be able to apply meaningfully , but with no money on loan. and if I should request someones payment and also money ,how  should the way  be preferred and to whom ?

Many Thanks

Edited by inverse

Dear CraigD

I would thank to you for your comprehensive and nice comment. 

yes almost all of my studies are relevant to patenting ,rather than protecting ideas in a journals with the shape of papers.

nature photonics mailed me (response to my mail)

could you inform me please, what should I do if they request or would me to submit the second one or revision version for previous one,shouldn't I resubmit ?

furthermore,my paper had not gone to peer review. but in spite of this I see someones are repeatedly warning one detail saying / advising me "if I submitted to a journal  in public (especially which is recognized ) ,then I could not obtain patent or it would be very difficult then".

but as Chief editor rejected ,thus none knows except chief editor,how it would be so difficult to obtain patent and/or why?

one more query: as you see we cannot pay any bill or cost,and in this case how will I be able to apply meaningfully , but with no money on loan. and if I should request someones payment and also money ,how  should the way  be preferred and to whom ?

Many Thanks

You can easily find out the basic rules and precautions for patenting on the web. We have already given you the basic advice: if you think you have a patentable invention, do not publish it, but consult a patent agent (patent lawyer). In the case of this rejected paper, no doubt a patent lawyer would be able to advise whether or not you have forfeited your rights by sending the script to him. If you have no money to pay them, then you had better keep your idea secret and save up until you have. We are not going to be able to provide financial advice.

There is no rule in life that says you can get something valuable, like a patent, at no cost to yourself. 

You can easily find out the basic rules and precautions for patenting on the web. We have already given you the basic advice: if you think you have a patentable invention, do not publish it, but consult a patent agent (patent lawyer). In the case of this rejected paper, no doubt a patent lawyer would be able to advise whether or not you have forfeited your rights by sending the script to him. If you have no money to pay them, then you had better keep your idea secret and save up until you have. We are not going to be able to provide financial advice.

There is no rule in life that says you can get something valuable, like a patent, at no cost to yourself. 

thanks again.

actually recently I have taken an e-mail from turkish patent institute saying "you can apply via fee 80 liras only. but if we agree ,then you will have to pay more later."

mm that one also said "but just at that time your copyrights will be protected and you will be able to sell your that product" (implied that I would be able to pay by vending)

unfortunately I am unsure at one point: these days turkish authority is very very strange. my project will require sensitivity and will be hard to use. because some hard scientific contexts and formulas will be required. and while it seems that I can apply,I don't believe that I will be able to earn money here. turkish authority's portrait seems quite strange and as I predict most of richy people are leaving here. but I predict the reason is that turkis authority's attribution does not conform the manner of the science. (intellectual sciences already did not exist) 

if you say that I have option to canadian or australian intellectual property ,maybe uspto then it would be good for me.

but if you advise me to apply turkish patent institute,then I will. I already have many many designs. and the one which I submitted to nature was not so much bright one.

meanwhile,nature photonics advised me NOT to discuss with the media. so,I closed my social profile to be protected from potential risks(embargo and other risks,if I say I am intelligent scientist, I actually do not feel me free in turkey :( ). these days we also fear to use just these words,too.("we are not feeling us free to explain our ideas here" :( ) 

Kind Regards.

Edited by inverse

You can apply to the Turkish patent office, as you say, but as I understand it, your patent will only be protected in Turkey. If that application is accepted, you could then immediately file a PCT application with the European Patent Office, and that would cost about €2000. The total cost of doing that via a patent attorney would be about €5000. Obviously there are other options, but the reality is that if you want a decent patent, it will cost this kind of money.

The big question is how many more forums you are going to visit to get yet more obliging people to give friendly advice of exactly the same type all over again. Last time, I actually spent 15 minutes on the phone talking to a contact in the EPO in Munich on your behalf, before your emotions got the better of you. I wish I had not gone to the trouble.

thanks again.

actually recently I have taken an e-mail from turkish patent institute saying "you can apply via fee 80 liras only. but if we agree ,then you will have to pay more later."

mm that one also said "but just at that time your copyrights will be protected and you will be able to sell your that product" (implied that I would be able to pay by vending)

unfortunately I am unsure at one point: these days turkish authority is very very strange. my project will require sensitivity and will be hard to use. because some hard scientific contexts and formulas will be required. and while it seems that I can apply,I don't believe that I will be able to earn money here. turkish authority's portrait seems quite strange and as I predict most of richy people are leaving here. but I predict the reason is that turkis authority's attribution does not conform the manner of the science. (intellectual sciences already did not exist) 

if you say that I have option to canadian or australian intellectual property ,maybe uspto then it would be good for me.

but if you advise me to apply turkish patent institute,then I will. I already have many many designs. and the one which I submitted to nature was not so much bright one.

meanwhile,nature photonics advised me NOT to discuss with the media. so,I closed my social profile to be protected from potential risks(embargo and other risks,if I say I am intelligent scientist, I actually do not feel me free in turkey :( ). these days we also fear to use just these words,too.("we are not feeling us free to explain our ideas here" :( ) 

Kind Regards.

Aha you are in Turkey, I see. No, I imagine you don't feel so free there these days. 

If you can get a filing in Turkey that is a start. I am afraid, though that I cannot advise what other countries you should seek patents in. You need to think which markets would be most commercially important to you and file in those countries. Again, a patent agent would be the best person to help with this sort of question. In the EU I think you can get a filing that gives you priority in all EU countries in one go, but I might be wrong about that 

Aha you are in Turkey, I see. No, I imagine you don't feel so free there these days. 

If you can get a filing in Turkey that is a start. I am afraid, though that I cannot advise what other countries you should seek patents in. You need to think which markets would be most commercially important to you and file in those countries. Again, a patent agent would be the best person to help with this sort of question. In the EU I think you can get a filing that gives you priority in all EU countries in one go, but I might be wrong about that 

hi, actually that is high risk to speak something which is related poitic in turkey for us. we are fearing. I am commonly remarking a point.

to be logical or equivalently RATIONAL . I believe,these days EU is almost the best community in this regard. (but I did not deal with this issue as a special. and I am interested in "ethics" (not politics)) 

anyway,it does not seem any opportunity to apply except turkey.

Furthermore ,there exist two point. 1) I do not think that any of my cover in my paper would arise advancement if we care knowledge only,but I think that engineering ability can be  advanced. 2) I am humanist and very very innocent (probably one of the most innocent) and in spite of this,I am  unsure whether we will life any matter here. there exist very many reported citrcumstances that we doubt. and fear ,thus cannot do anything.

one detail seems good at least for future. if I apply to any university,get acceptance and leave here,later normally provide my patentable studies. 

I am sure I do not need education anymore. but to leave here ,it seems useful. 

nonetheless, most of universities require "recommendation letter" and so automatically is being cancelled.

Edited by inverse

If Your Research Is Very Unique And Related To Money. So Earn Yourself 1st... And When The Times Come They Will Find You Himself. Same As Income Tax Department. :)

mmm if I understand in equivalent of the meaning as given below,then yes it is quite rational and I thank to you also appreciate.

two point

1) if we are really clever,we should not fear...

2) and we should prove our efficacies to humanity ... because all people will believe that (cannot refute)

ok. this is right. and thank to you. we should not lose our faith as nature editorial office said.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread looks remarkably like one on a different forum. Not only is the topic almost identical, the OP has a unique style of English which would identify him anywhere. To suggest his English is other than perfect would be a deep insult for which he will demand an apology in uppercase letters.

As much as I hate emoticons, emojis, broken Engrish, and other abuses of the language in these days of unedjumacted high school graduates, it pains me to see the degradation of our public education system over the last 30 years.  Up until a point our education system was unparalleled in the world for excellence, but now we are paying a premium price for a 3rd world education.  It appears that we have passed the burden of educating our young in basic work skills to the universities, and therefore burdening the students with huge student debts for an education for which we taxpayers have already paid.  I have heard of students still paying on loans 20 years later which appear to have a negative impact on their ability to buy a home for their family.

(Underlined words are intentionally misspelled)(P.S. I turned 56 3 days ago, so I am a cranky old fart by definition).

In the interest of accuracy during this Holiday Season, the filling in a turkey is stuffing, while the same material prepared outside the turkey is dressing. :hammer:

Hi,

I have a bit different personality. We considered to apply to harvard at first. but I thought that this university was wrong at one criterion.

"Recomendation letter". So,I  formally sent them an e-mail that was saying I cancelled all consideration across this univrsity.

it seems like a bit rude or strange ,but not really. I believe I do not need themself. I only need economic support. however I would leave from turkey anymore.

but do not know what to do. I am able to write articles but when I thought my qualifications and goals then thought that "patenting" was better at all. but economic condtions always prevent me. What to do? there exist some patentable projects and I do not know what to do exactly. I am sure at two points 1) I have creative personality 2) I do not need someone to tell me for learning. I am also hardworking and have ability to learn by myself.

If you cannot earn the money yourself to patent your invention, then you need to find a sponsor(s) to finance it.  I doubt Crowdfunding would yield any substantial results without revealing significant details about your invention.  People tend to donate to worthy charitable causes or something that might yield a return of some sort.

• 2 weeks later...

In the interest of accuracy during this Holiday Season, the filling in a turkey is stuffing, while the same material prepared outside the turkey is dressing. :hammer:

My paternal grandmother and my dad used to make stuffing out of rice, raisins, and walnuts.  I really did not care for it.

Hi,

I have a bit different personality. We considered to apply to harvard at first. but I thought that this university was wrong at one criterion.

"Recomendation letter". So,I formally sent them an e-mail that was saying I cancelled all consideration across this univrsity.

it seems like a bit rude or strange ,but not really. I believe I do not need themself. I only need economic support. however I would leave from turkey anymore.

but do not know what to do. I am able to write articles but when I thought my qualifications and goals then thought that "patenting" was better at all. but economic condtions always prevent me. What to do? there exist some patentable projects and I do not know what to do exactly. I am sure at two points 1) I have creative personality 2) I do not need someone to tell me for learning. I am also hardworking and have ability to learn by myself.

well if you wanna piggy off of investing another's patent, go for adipotide from arrow head research or antiadipocyte antibodies. A share in an obesity cure will most definitely make you a millionaire.