Photo
- - - - -

Is Homosexuality Unnatural? Defending Homosexuals And Their Right To Love And Are Natural As You And Me.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#35 HydrogenBond

HydrogenBond

(once again) temporarily suspended

• Members
  • 3055 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:23 AM

Instead of pretending helplessness, then demonizing the messenger, to avoid facing the truth, do a Google search to me prove otherwise. The game of censor by demonizing the messenger has reached the end of its effectiveness. Here is an another link based own these search parameters; suicide rates rise among gay youth. This link is from the LGB community. Unless they are doctoring their own studies, they confirm many aspects of the first reference and offer more detail, without any fear of PC attack, since they are under the wing of bias. 

http://www.thetrevor...s-about-suicide

I posted this not to make fun, or point the finger of blame, but because suicide is a tragic thing. It is more important than political affiliation or blind devotion to political traditions. It is not about sweeping things under the rug and censoring the truth to maintain a political agenda. 

Between the two studies, they show male suicide among the youth has increased four fold over the last 60 years. The first study attributes this to social pressure and lack of coping skills. If social and peer pressures, and lack of coping skills are the given explanation, then what specific set of peer pressures and lack of coping skills explains the significant rise in male suicide? 

What type of peer pressure has been placed on males, over the past 60 years, which also limits their adaption, and which political party started and continues to preach this? I will answer this with a question. Doesn't the left assume the traditional male of 60 years ago is source of evil, and  wouldn't the left prefer the modern male child play with dolls and be an emotional wreck who has no identity, as a traditional male; when males had a low suicide rate? 

As an extrapolation of the two studies, say you were a gay male (redundant) and you feel peer pressure about being gay. This is sales pitched from the left. This can't be as bad as 60 years ago, or else there would not have been any need to liberate the gays, so it is worse now. Unless the goal was to make things worse for the gays.

But also, since gay men are attracted to other males; straight and/or gay, and healthy traditional males who able are able to cope, are considered evil based on the philosophy of the left, the gays have fewer places to learn to cope. They are caged in on all sides with the only path allowed by the left making it harder to cope. They live in world that the left has made worse for them; left says more peer pressure, and that which they love is call the evil sex; male, by the left. One would expect higher suicides for gays, which is, sadly, the case.

The left is not the friend of the gays, since it demonizes your object of desire and love and has added extra stressors, since they claim this is the worse of times in terms of your stress. This was all done to divide people, irrationally, for political gain. The ends justify the means so the suicide becomes a prop they try not to address, since they need this prop. 

Edited by HydrogenBond, 13 January 2017 - 06:31 AM.

#36 exchemist

exchemist

Understanding

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

Instead of pretending helplessness, then demonizing the messenger, to avoid facing the truth, do a Google search to me prove otherwise. The game of censor by demonizing the messenger has reached the end of its effectiveness. Here is an another link based own these search parameters; suicide rates rise among gay youth. This link is from the LGB community. Unless they are doctoring their own studies, they confirm many aspects of the first reference and offer more detail, without any fear of PC attack, since they are under the wing of bias. 

http://www.thetrevor...s-about-suicide

I posted this not to make fun, or point the finger of blame, but because suicide is a tragic thing. It is more important than political affiliation or blind devotion to political traditions. It is not about sweeping things under the rug and censoring the truth to maintain a political agenda. 

Between the two studies, they show male suicide among the youth has increased four fold over the last 60 years. The first study attributes this to social pressure and lack of coping skills. If social and peer pressures, and lack of coping skills are the given explanation, then what specific set of peer pressures and lack of coping skills explains the significant rise in male suicide? 

What type of peer pressure has been placed on males, over the past 60 years, which also limits their adaption, and which political party started and continues to preach this? I will answer this with a question. Doesn't the left assume the traditional male of 60 years ago is source of evil, and  wouldn't the left prefer the modern male child play with dolls and be an emotional wreck who has no identity, as a traditional male; when males had a low suicide rate? 

As an extrapolation of the two studies, say you were a gay male (redundant) and you feel peer pressure about being gay. This is sales pitched from the left. This can't be as bad as 60 years ago, or else there would not have been any need to liberate the gays, so it is worse now. Unless the goal was to make things worse for the gays.

But also, since gay men are attracted to other males; straight and/or gay, and healthy traditional males who able are able to cope, are considered evil based on the philosophy of the left, the gays have fewer places to learn to cope. They are caged in on all sides with the only path allowed by the left making it harder to cope. They live in world that the left has made worse for them; left says more peer pressure, and that which they love is call the evil sex; male, by the left. One would expect higher suicides for gays, which is, sadly, the case.

The left is not the friend of the gays, since it demonizes your object of desire and love and has added extra stressors, since they claim this is the worse of times in terms of your stress. This was all done to divide people, irrationally, for political gain. The ends justify the means so the suicide becomes a prop they try not to address, since they need this prop. 

Ballocks! The first study you quoted said nothing at all about rates over time, as my post in response made clear. And nor does this either. 

You are in fact lying about both of them. I do not often accuse other posters of lying but in this case I can see no alternative interpretation, as it is quite plain that neither of them contains any information supporting your notions about increase in suicide rate. 

#37 CraigD

CraigD

Creating

• Administrators
  • 7962 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

Instead of pretending helplessness, then demonizing the messenger, to avoid facing the truth, do a Google search to me prove otherwise. The game of censor by demonizing the messenger has reached the end of its effectiveness. Here is an another link based own these search parameters ... http://www.thetrevor...s-about-suicide

As exchemist notes, this link doesn’t support your claim

The high rate of suicide and addiction in the gay community, shows a lot of overcompensation. Over the past 30 years, with homosexual becoming more main stream, this has not subsided.

You are not being demonized as a messenger of the truth, simply being asked to support this claim. Unlike many of the unsupported claims you have been sanctioned for in the past, this is not one that a reader can quickly research themselves. Statistics of changes in suicide rate in subpopulations defined by such things as sexual orientation are difficult to find – I’m fairly good at such research, and have spent over an hour at it, and have done no better than find this 2008 paper, which has a promising wealth of references to primary sources, but I think would take hours to further study.

I agree. The truth, which depends sound statistics about changes in suicide rate that can be used to judge the effectiveness of government, institutional and psychotherapeutic policies and models, is complicated, controversial, and critical.

There has been a dramatic transformation in the last 100 years in the legal, medical, and scientific disciplines of psychology regarding how best to assure the health and wellbeing of homosexuals, from being considered a physiological, psychological, and/or moral abnormality that should be cured by using social institutions and pressures, legal punishment, psychotherapy, drugs, and surgery to cause homosexuals to become heterosexual or asexual, to considering homosexuality an acceptable human behavior with special social, legal, and psychological support needs.

I would describe the present consensus on how best to do this as one promoting openness: that its best for individual homosexuals and society as a whole for homosexuals sexual orientation to be openly declared – “outed” and accepted, not kept secret – “closeted”. As a person who hold the core moral belief that “the truth will set you free”, I feel this view is right, but as a rational and compassionate person, I worry that how it is being promoted may be causing harm and untimely death.

It’s easy to apply the “truth will set you free” principle to council a young homosexual that they should come out and freely and proudly declare their sexual orientation, but this easy decision is complicate by considering the real world consequences that may attend such a choice. In many places, such as where I grew up in rural West Virginia, I would not council a young homosexual to come out without first being confident that they were brave, competent, and supported enough to prevail against social and in some cases physical attacks. Being offensive, which in some places being openly gay is, can be dangerous. There are cases of gay people being bullied into suicide. There are cases of them being physically attacked and even murdered.

In the long run, I believe our civilization has begun, and will continue, to change in such a way that nearly all people stop feeling offended by and socially or physically attacking homosexuals, but I don’t believe it has yet reached this point. I believe that an important factor in promoting this progress is for gay people who are able to be open about their sexual orientation, and insistent that they should not be consider criminal or immoral, and should have all the rights and privileges afforded heterosexuals.

I don’t believe that the existence of homosexuals is an indicator that social and governmental policies are harming society, and that efforts should be made to reduce the number of homosexual people.

Good scientific data is needed, though, to inform us as to what attitudes and policies can best promote the progress of society to one where people of all genders and sexual orientations can have the best lives. We need to be able to know when a given approach or policy is helping, and when it is harming. We need evidence and science, not moralizing rhetoric.