Science Forums

Do Computers Need Religion?

Is computer software possible without either Christianity or Islam, or just religious thought in general?

This seems on the face of it like asking whether marmite sandwiches are necessary for the theory of gravity. 

I think you need to explain why you - apparently - think it could be argued that religious thought is necessary for computer software.

This seems on the face of it like asking whether marmite sandwiches are necessary for the theory of gravity. 

I think you need to explain why you - apparently - think it could be argued that religious thought is necessary for computer software.

Possibly on the basis that reality could never be all people being computer programmers.

Possibly on the basis that reality could never be all people being computer programmers.

Eh?

1) Reality is not "people".

2) why would all people have to be computer programmers, if religion were not essential to computer software? This seems to make no sense.

Back to the marmite sandwiches? Or can you explain? 

Eh?

1) Reality is not "people".

2) why would all people have to be computer programmers, if religion were not essential to computer software? This seems to make no sense.

Back to the marmite sandwiches? Or can you explain? 

The 80's and 90's have now meant the rise of Islamic State, and Christianity is still as significant as it's ever been. Do computers need people to not refer to one another as mathematics or computer programs? If random everyday people were to refer to anyone on the planet as mathematics, or as the idea of why people wear three-piece suits, would computers be affected in a negative way?

The 80's and 90's have now meant the rise of Islamic State, and Christianity is still as significant as it's ever been. Do computers need people to not refer to one another as mathematics or computer programs? If random everyday people were to refer to anyone on the planet as mathematics, or as the idea of why people wear three-piece suits, would computers be affected in a negative way?

Aha. Three piece suits.

I am now fairly sure that you are a psychiatric case. I'm out of this discussion.