Science Forums

This is just a test page

gregprince

• 4 months later...

I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin

I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog. Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with [].

(q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i)

insert text here (/q)

Originally posted by: GAHD

Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog. Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with [].

insert text here (/q)

Thanks for the reply, lets see how this works. Yes, I think I have it, thanks.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Actually the double set of (B),(/B) are redundant. I think they are added by the quote parsing of the system.

Coldfusion, go figure... :-)

LOL...not ColdFusion, just sloppy work on behalf of the developers...

Tormod

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin

I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked

When I used to travel giving lectures one of the opening jokes I always used was that there were two types of questions, good and bad. Good questions were ones I could answer....

• 2 months later...

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

[Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog.] Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with []. (q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i) insert text here (/q)

let's see if it worked

Originally posted by: wisdumn

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin [i hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question] is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

[Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog.] Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with []. (q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i) insert text here (/q)
let's see if it worked

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin [i hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question] is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

let's see if it worked
[it worked,yeah!/q]