18 replies to this topic

#1 gregprince

gregprince

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image I am a new sign up and just wanted to send someting of a test nature to see how easy it is to use the format Thanks for your time

#2 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:41 PM

Welcome!

Tormod

#3 Bo

Bo

Understanding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:44 AM

hmm

#4 Uncle Martin

Uncle Martin

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:47 AM

I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

#5 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Administrators
  • 2788 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:17 AM

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin
I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog. Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with [].

(q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i)

insert text here (/q)

#6 Uncle Martin

Uncle Martin

Explaining

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:27 AM

Originally posted by: GAHD

Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog. Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with [].

insert text here (/q)

Thanks for the reply, lets see how this works. Yes, I think I have it, thanks.

#7 Freethinker

Freethinker

Resident Atheist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3064 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:53 PM

Actually the double set of (B),(/B) are redundant. I think they are added by the quote parsing of the system.

Coldfusion, go figure... :-)

#8 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Actually the double set of (B),(/B) are redundant. I think they are added by the quote parsing of the system.

Coldfusion, go figure... :-)

LOL...not ColdFusion, just sloppy work on behalf of the developers... Posted Image

Tormod

#9 Freethinker

Freethinker

Resident Atheist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3064 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:58 PM

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin
I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked

When I used to travel giving lectures one of the opening jokes I always used was that there were two types of questions, good and bad. Good questions were ones I could answer....

#10 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Man you must have got a lot of bad questions... LOL

Tormod

#11 Freethinker

Freethinker

Resident Atheist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3064 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:14 PM

I never said "answer correctly..." lol

#12 wisdumn

wisdumn

Questioning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:57 AM

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

[Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog.] Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with []. (q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i) insert text here (/q)

let's see if it worked

#13 wisdumn

wisdumn

Questioning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:59 AM

Originally posted by: wisdumn

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin [I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question] is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.

[Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog.] Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with []. (q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i) insert text here (/q)

let's see if it worked

#14 wisdumn

wisdumn

Questioning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:06 PM

[quote]
Originally posted by: wisdumn
[quote]
Originally posted by: wisdumn [quote]
Originally posted by: GAHD [quote]
Originally posted by: Uncle Martin [I hope you are all of the opinion that the only stupid question] is the one that goes unasked because this one will appear simple to the point of stupidity. Could someone please tell me how to insert a quote into a reply? My posts may not always be intelligent, but I would like to know how to at least create the illusion. I'm a virtually computer illiterate old man, so please keep it simple and step by step. Six months ago I thought a mouse was something you caught in a trap.[/quote] [Press the "quote" button, it'll bring up a dialog.] Optionally if you want to do it manually do the following only swithc () with []. (q)(i)Originally posted by: (B)(b)Uncle Martin(/B)(/B)(/i) insert text here (/q)[/quote] let's see if it worked[/quote][it worked,yeah!/q]

#15 wisdumn

wisdumn

Questioning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:07 PM

Originally posted by: Freethinker
I never said "answer correctly..." lol

he never said

#16 wisdumn

wisdumn

Questioning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:07 PM

Originally posted by: gregprince
Posted Image I am a new sign up and just wanted to send someting of a test nature to see how easy it is to use the format Thanks for your time

thanks for yours

#17 Freethinker

Freethinker

Resident Atheist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3064 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 02:11 PM

I think Da Wiz is trying to play Tormod's Ping Post game!