Science Forums

Does This Collapse Relativity?

xyz

I doubt you’re describing anything that reveals a problem with Special Relativity, but can’t tell, because I can’t understand your question or statement, or even if it is a question or a statement.

Rewrite it more coherently, and support any claims you make with links or references, and we can move this thread out of the silly claims forum.

I doubt you’re describing anything that reveals a problem with Special Relativity, but can’t tell, because I can’t understand your question or statement, or even if it is a question or a statement.

Rewrite it more coherently, and support any claims you make with links or references, and we can move this thread out of the silly claims forum.

Thank you Craig, you truly are a good moderator .   The maths was the evidence showing that time is dependent to the observer and there is no independent time.  ABCDE  are all Caesium atoms. 1 second at ground state of ABCD are all equal where E is an inequality showing dependent time . 

{A||B ||C||D } is-not-parallel E 

A-D clocks at ground state, 

E clock in motion

relativity collapsed ph34r.gif

With this nonsense of a post and the fact that the same exact post was posted in The Naked Scientists forum I finally know who you are.

Note to my fellow members: this member will rarely, if ever, make any sense whatsoever. He quite often ignores simple facts in physics and declares himself right on too numerous occasions regardless of the fact that 100% of the physics community holds otherwise. Never expect anything logical from him and expect insults. E.g. he flamed me when I explained that space and expand and contract meaning that space can be created and destroyed. He knows absolutely nothing about relativistic cosmology whereas I do and he claims that all such cosmologists are idiots for holding that to be true.

With this nonsense of a post and the fact that the same exact post was posted in The Naked Scientists forum I finally know who you are.

Note to my fellow members: this member will rarely, if ever, make any sense whatsoever. He quite often ignores simple facts in physics and declares himself right on too numerous occasions regardless of the fact that 100% of the physics community holds otherwise. Never expect anything logical from him and expect insults. E.g. he flamed me when I explained that space and expand and contract meaning that space can be created and destroyed. He knows absolutely nothing about relativistic cosmology whereas I do and he claims that all such cosmologists are idiots for holding that to be true.

Hello Pete, you are presently flaming on another forum with others, I have had some good conversation here, please do not try to spoil this.  This is a very respectable forum.  I am sorry I could not complete your tasks on your personal invite to your forum, in your education you offered.   I do not have a GCSE let alone the level of information you gave me to learn.   Please stop having  some grudge Pete and presuming I have learnt nothing,  when I started science Pete I did not even know what a newton was or did I know really anything.   I have learnt an awful lot of generalisation Pete, I am not too bad now, a few cobwebs need brushing out, I still have poor knowledge of maths.   I thought you was going learn me some baby stuff Pete, and give me a pass for basics, your expectations were to high at that stage. 

Sorry Moderators  I have not changed the topic but had to reply to this so you did not think bad of me. 

Edited by xyz

How the hell has this arrogant, patronising, constant scientific error making and outright offensive **** not been banned yet? He hasn't even got any warning points! It's one set of rules if you've got qualifications (whether you can back it up with genuine comprehension or not) and another set of rules for us mere mortals. Utter bias and favouritism!

Hello Pete, you are presently flaming on another forum with others, I have had some good conversation here, please do not try to spoil this.  This is a very respectable forum.  I am sorry I could not complete your tasks on your personal invite to your forum, in your education you offered.   I do not have a GCSE let alone the level of information you gave me to learn.   Please stop having  some grudge Pete and presuming I have learnt nothing,  when I started science Pete I did not even know what a newton was or did I know really anything.   I have learnt an awful lot of generalisation Pete, I am not too bad now, a few cobwebs need brushing out, I still have poor knowledge of maths.   I thought you was going learn me some baby stuff Pete, and give me a pass for basics, your expectations were to high at that stage. 

Sorry Moderators  I have not changed the topic but had to reply to this so you did not think bad of me. 

I'm not flaming you. I'm warning members of this forum to beware of the fact that most of the posts you create are nonsense, such as this one. You started this thread by posting numerous symbols whose meaning cannot be deduced from what you wrote, although you'll insist otherwise probably claiming that those who can't figure it out are dumb.

The maths was the evidence showing that time is dependent to the observer and there is no independent time.  ABCDE  are all Caesium atoms. 1 second at ground state of ABCD are all equal where E is an inequality showing dependent time . 

It doesn't collapse relativity at all. This is exactly what relativity describes. Time and space are relative to the observer, meaning observers with different relative velocities will measure them as having different lengths.

Read this: http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/27223-relativity-made-simple/

Edited by A-wal

It doesn't collapse relativity at all. This is exactly what relativity describes. Time and space are relative to the observer, meaning observers with different relative velocities will measure them as having different lengths.

Read this: http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/27223-relativity-made-simple/

Ok, but it does collapse Minkowski space-time?  and time being independent of matter. 

I think relativity uses Minkowski spacetime. Not sure though, I might be wrong.

It means that time is dependent on the relative motion of the observer/what's being observed. The faster the relative motion, the slower time moves. Space contracts as well by the same amount.

Edit:

From wikipedia:

In mathematical physics, Minkowski space or Minkowski spacetime is a combination of Euclidean space and time into a four-dimensional manifold where the spacetime interval between any two events is independent of the inertial frame of reference in which they are recorded. Although initially developed by mathematician Hermann Minkowski for Maxwell's equations of electromagnetism, the mathematical structure of Minkowski spacetime was shown to be an immediate consequence of the postulates of special relativity.[1]

Minkowski space is closely associated with Einstein's theory of special relativity, and is the most common mathematical structure on which special relativity is formulated. While the individual components in Euclidean space and time will often differ due to length contraction and time dilation, in Minkowski spacetime, all frames of reference will agree on the total distance in spacetime between events.[nb 1] Because it treats time differently than the three spatial dimensions, Minkowski space differs from four-dimensional Euclidean space.[nb 2]

In Euclidean space, the isometry group (the maps preserving the regular inner product) is the Euclidean group. The analogous isometry group for Minkowski space, preserving intervals of spacetime equipped with the associated non-positive definite bilinear form (here called the Minkowski inner product,[nb 3]) is the Poincaré group. The Minkowski inner product is defined as to yield the spacetime interval between two events when given their coordinate difference vector as argument.

Edited by A-wal

I think relativity uses Minkowski spacetime. Not sure though, I might be wrong.

It means that time is dependent on the relative motion of the observer/what's being observed. The faster the relative motion, the slower time moves. Space contracts as well by the same amount.

I am aware of time dilation, and Einstein did use Minkowski space-time which people often believed to be have made by Einstein, and at the moment science says time is independent of the observer, and uses Minkowski space time.    And to be honest it is not even a space -time, it is dependent gravity-time.

Edited by xyz

No gravitation isn't the only cause of time dilation and length contraction. It happens whenever objects are moving at different relative velocities. The simplest way of looking at it is that every objects speed through spacetime is always the speed of light. For every action there's an opposite reaction. The faster an object moves through space relative to the observer, the slower it moves through time.

I edited my last post.

No gravitation isn't the only cause of time dilation and length contraction. It happens whenever objects are moving at different relative velocities. The simplest way of looking at it is that every objects speed through spacetime is always the speed of light. For every action there's an opposite reaction. The faster an object moves through space relative to the observer, the slower it moves through time.

I edited my last post.

Gravitation is the cause of time dilation between two bodies.  An object at ground state such as a caesium atom will remain at a constant rate until that object is no longer at rest relative to the ground state body .  The faster an object moves away from a ground state body the faster it moves away from the force of gravity,   The four dimensions of the object  XYZ and time, a single dependent manifold, travelling through n-dimensional timeless space. 

Gravity-time curvature is what Einstein refers to as the curvature of space. 

NO! Listen! Gravity isn't needed for time to dilate and length to contract. It happens whenever objects are moving at different relative velocities.

Gravity-time doesn't even make sense. Spacetime is the four dimensional manifold on which the effects of relativity are described, including gravity.

NO! Listen! Gravity isn't needed for time to dilate and length to contract. It happens whenever objects are moving at different relative velocities.

Gravity-time doesn't even make sense. Spacetime is the four dimensional manifold on which the effects of relativity are described, including gravity.

No you listen, space-time is a virtual concept, to plot paths, to predict a bodies destination etc, there is no time in space, there is only distance with neutralised values. The only ''time'' time exists in a plotted path is the object itself, the four dimensions of xyz and time , relative velocity is moving relative gravitational linearity and curving gravities path. 

I know you don't know this, you are trying to teach me space-time and relativity which I have already discoursed and know about. 

And does Wiki keep changing?

added - If an independent time moved away from you , the independent time will slow down.  Simply imagine you are the Caesium atom and what is happening to you when you move away from a ground state, the extraction of time from you is decreased.

Edited by xyz

How can gravity be the cause of time dilation if it happens without gravity?

Length contraction always accompanies time time dilation and to exactly the same degree. Four dimensional spacetime is the coordinate system that's used to describe them.

Gravity-time would be gravity-spacetime, but it happens without gravity so it can't be tied to it like that.

added - If an independent time moved away from you , the independent time will slow down.  Simply imagine you are the Caesium atom and what is happening to you when you move away from a ground state, the extraction of time from you is decreased.

How can time move away? You need to learn to express your ideas more clearly.