Science Forums

Volunteering And Recruitment Thread

KiritoAsuna

Hi I am Bradley(Brad for short), and I am Canadian and I am intrigued at the though of nerve gear coming a reality and I am more then willing to test or optimize what facts you will need in the process you will need to keep in mind, for example it shouldn't exactly be called nerve gear but Mind Controlled Advance Controller FullDive Connection technology(MCACFCT)for short because if you where to take electrical waves from the brain to the system it is not completing a body circuit cerculation of the body, and in which case can either take an electrical wave from a vital organ like the heart either not pumping to a certain body part to not pumping at all and which killing your body and possibly trapping you in the game or trapping you in darkness but idk about after life. But if you were to take the part of the brain which controls the body parts and taking the part of the brain with the 5 senses and the nerve system part of the brain that takes the nerve part of everywhere from everywhere but the heart, brain and stomach it is possible that organ failure cannot occur so in game, in the real world you body can recognize where you heart, brain and stomach is cause the brain can still feel them, the brain can find where the blood is mainly needed to be pumped and therefore leaving the feelings of the vital organs in the real world so your body knows exactly where they are, and in game all you have to do is hack into the brains movement system and steal the commands and transfer them into the head gear and boom, but believe me when I say hacking into these parts of the brain is extremely hard because your brain protects these the most

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I am looking at assembling a team at the University of Houston to create a brain computer interface device that would make this possible. If you are at least the age of 20 or above with some area of expertise in psychology, neurology, or computer engineering (specifically nanoelectronics) please feel free to message me. Please be aware that I am looking for only serious replies and I'm not looking for someone to discuss SAO with. If you have the time and dedication I believe we can make this possible.  

My thknking is that unless we all meet in a place sometime soon we might never be able to start this huge project and i do belive that meeting all the enthusiasts of this project should meet in a place but i dont know how we are going to do this.

I live in Albania, Europe.

I really want to meet you guys in person because the distance gap slows us down alot and we cant work together like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I recently created a dedicated forum to the research and development of a brain computer interface like the nervegear. It is relatively new but it is growing quickly. it is currently run by myself (Computer science and engineering major) and Liam (Biomedical Engineer major). We also have our head global moderator who is a 3rd year chemical engineer major. 

We need as many people as possible to contribute. The more people the more we can research at one time. We definitely need all study fields to help with this. For all you computer programmers, we definitely need your help to look analyzing brain waves. Don't worry about age as you can still contribute if you're young. Please check us out at http://nerve.boards.net/ and maybe even sign up? With all of your guy's help we'd definitely speed up research & development. 

Like the enthusiasm. I live in a completely different time zone to my team, and i have to stay up untill 1am on saturdays to attend our weekly conferences. robots, i would suggest against using skype except for skype chatting, as it is slow and unreliable. 

I agree with you @Simroh . We both live on the other side of the earth. Our timezone is different than the west. :D It's quite a hassle when conferences are moved on Sunday since I got school. LOL