Science Forums

Electrodes.. I think sending electrical impulse to the neurons making it as carriers is one fundamental concept here. However.. a highly specialized program coded to create a special function of electrodes in such a way..it'll send electrical impulse in a systematic and precise manner. After all our neurons contains electrical impulse..right? Like if we feel heat..our nerves get excited thus sending small current to the neural receptors...and sent to the brain by the neurons. So in simulating the same sensation as pain..why not do the same thing as the nerves does? It's only a matter of programming the electrical impulse on how it's mechanism would work. You don't need an intrusive way.

I think that's the most fundamental principle on writing and simulating the brain. From that..you could start from that as scratch then build theories and concepts around it.

Edited by Mactyville

Electrodes.. I think sending electrical impulse to the neurons making it as carriers is one fundamental concept here. However.. a highly specialized program coded to create a special function of electrodes in such a way..it'll send electrical impulse in a systematic and precise manner. After all our neurons contains electrical impulse..right? Like if we feel heat..our nerves get excited thus sending small current to the neural receptors...and sent to the brain by the neurons. So in simulating the same sensation as pain..why not do the same thing as the nerves does? It's only a matter of programming the electrical impulse on how it's mechanism would work. You don't need an intrusive way.

I think that's the most fundamental principle on writing and simulating the brain. From that..you could start from that as scratch then build theories and concepts around it.

So do you want to heat the nerves or how do you want it to work? Also, we need to keep in mind the fact that we are going to need to use what the game camera uses. So we are going to need to figure out a what to convert what the game camera sees ie: the environment into electric impulses, and send them down both optic nerves. Or, we could have 2 cameras to act as each eye? But I don't know how the game will treat that.

Hi, my name is DemonDragon,

i don't know if i can help or not, i'm 13, but i'm pretty good with unity coding in C#.

i can try and learn other languages, but im really a c# person.

and i can try circuitry too because i have an arduino and a raspberry pi.

so if there is anything i can help with in software... let me know if i can help.

Ok so I hope this is the forum that you were talking about. Anyway, as far as I have read, the type of full dive technology you are looking for is: noninvasive, stops the physical movement of someone, completely moves the brain into the Virtual Reality Environment, and most dificult, enables the user to feel things like touch, temperature, and sound, as well as be able too see, right?

Ok. So I would like to get involved if thats alright, but I don't have much to offer. All I really have is a basic concept of the brain, and a slightly better concept of the tech involved. I do have almost unlimited time to reasearch things though.

I would need to know what your private forum is/where to find it.

Also, wouldn't not including texture and touch make the grabbing part of the game seem numb. It seems like that sense would be needed to feel the force of your grip on, say a sword.

Edited by NightWolfx5

How much do you know about the braon and the technology used? I did quite a bit of research and read several textbooks as well as numerous papers and abstracts. And i read several books on mechatronics. And this was even before i started the forum. I really want to make this device and i can see that you do too. The forum link is on the forum a couple of pages back. Maybe page 5. As for the touch we havent nailed anythibg yet pertaining to the mechanics of the games yet. We are im the process of brainstorming and testing and such. So you could pitch on too.

After this I will post on the other forum (is it the website you guys made?).

I don't know much beyond what parts of the brain controll, and I am limited with the scientific terms I can use. For instance, I know what part of the brain is said to controll memory, and the part that allows us to comprehend the images we see is at the back of the brain. I can't say what their names are because I never went into detail beyond what controls what, so I wouldn't say that is what I could help with until I do more reasearch. I am able to understand what you guys have been talking about in this thread though, so I am not ingnorant. I put things together easily.

As for the technology, I am in a similar situation. Although in this area, I know more about how different mechanics interact (like RAM, and memory to be basic). Beyond that I know things in regard to Anti-Virus software (I have a theory for a very good program), and anything associated with system settings (for any system, wheater it be a program online or something like computer or phone settings). Example, my phone currently has a 5 hour minimum charge with constant use because I have manipilated the settings to only require that much energy at a time. (I didn't download anything like a battery life booster, and it originally had a 3 hour max charge for the same type of use). My weak point with electronics is due to the fact that my parents didn't allow me to use the internet for personal use in any regard. Why that is realevent is because I have had no opportunity to learn how to write code, so while I have ideas associated with code, I cannont write the code.

Ok. So, you did say you can do research, right? Because that is what I am going to have you do first, I think. You won't have to do as much as me, but you will have to do some, so that you know the terminology and other things. I would love to know what your idea for the program. Anything can help, so I would love to have you do that in the best way possible to insure the success of the device and the company.

hello 17robots,

perhaps you saw me in the first forum im that almost 15 yr old kid who wants to take part in this project. bc im too young i wanted to be like an intern in the project. the reason for that is that in a year or two i will start doing my own projects and i wish to learn about making a project. im currently learning to program (in c#) so i hope i would be of help.

Ok lotus:

I can let you join, but you have to tell me what skills or knowledge you possess thst would go toward tye project

Ok zivtheawesome:

Yeah. You can be an intern. I see that you want to gain experience before beginning. I will accept your request to intern with the group.

Ok lotus:

I can let you join, but you have to tell me what skills or knowledge you possess thst would go toward tye project

Ok zivtheawesome:

Yeah. You can be an intern. I see that you want to gain experience before beginning. I will accept your request to intern with the group.

I have knowledge in human neurophysiology and relevant research skills.