Science Forums

Jimsolos Dive-Tech Development Thread

JimSolo

Havn't ruled you out robots :p You seem quite interested. But making no promises to anyone at all yet.

On the plus side, personal situation seems to be getting a tad better, can start shipping in some parts from out of country in order to start building stuff. There's some old contacts that I need to get in touch with before I make up my mind on what to purchase. Space is also an issue in a rented apartment. WTB bigger room.

That said, I ran into a snag with locality control coding. Im rubbish at coding (comparitvily speaking) so I'm having to recompile the stupid program more times than lindsay lohan has been in rehab just to get a stable executable. Stupid coding is a pain in the arse. :hammer2:

Havn't ruled you out robots :P You seem quite interested. But making no promises to anyone at all yet.

On the plus side, personal situation seems to be getting a tad better, can start shipping in some parts from out of country in order to start building stuff. There's some old contacts that I need to get in touch with before I make up my mind on what to purchase. Space is also an issue in a rented apartment. WTB bigger room.

That said, I ran into a snag with locality control coding. Im rubbish at coding (comparitvily speaking) so I'm having to recompile the stupid program more times than lindsay lohan has been in rehab just to get a stable executable. Stupid coding is a pain in the arse. :hammer2:

What language are you using? And I see. I assume that you have a design and a method for writing to the brain and that sort of thing, correct? I would love to help even before there is legal documentation made. I have a vision to release this technology in May of 2022, just like the anime. So that gives us less than 7 years. Though that may seem like a long time, it really isn't. We are all going to need to contribute to get this done. I understand that  you would like to have things all sorted out before you partner up, but having more people would help you set this stuff up a lot faster.... and help with your coding problem.

I'm not tying down to a relese date. It will be released when its finished, and it's hardly begun. Also doing it all in C++ because I can intergrate it more easily with Unreal 4. Depending on how difficult the bci work is I may have to do some of it in Python.

I see. I decided to choose c++ because of its ties to c while still giving us the ability of object oriented programming too. And, again, it was an idea and I am tryng t get things started with designs and documentation to keep track of ideas.

Hello, I am rather interested in this topic as well, however my school devours my possible work time. I can work my way around basic (just basic and the sort) as well as C++, and the next class I am taking is in reference to Java programming. I would love to help out where I can. Thanks for the opportunity, hope this works out for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the silence, things have taken a turn for the worse around here. Fund supplies are pretty much dry and I'm now being forced to move to another city half way across the country, so things will be silent for a couple of months until I'm set up there.

Irritating but, things happen.

• 4 weeks later...

@JimSolo good luck man i hope u bring VR to this reality  if u ever need some small simple c++ that u just dont want to waste your time on i have no problem doing it if it brings the world of full dive vr closer to us i would be happy to help also sorry about your situation at the minute.  :scared:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ Your wish is my command.

TLDR: Haven't moved, life been terrible, no progress on DT. Central Hub world that DT will ship with though is about 50% complete.

Well I'm still stuck here. I have no money, have had major computer troubles over the last few months. Lost a lot of data. However, the out of the box program/simulation/game/hub/whatever you want to call it that will ship with all DT systems in each of their forms is 50% complete. The world is in place and basic controls are setup, although they have no input yet because, well, dar, its not been made yet.

The biggest issue though is money. What little money I did have has all but gone, so I've had to readjust my focus. I, alongside a close personal friend, are creating a few small projects to sell as apps/games and things on steam and the playstore. I won't plug them too much less the admins of this site get a bit jittery, though I"ll link them somewhere at some point once they're complete.

One is a small silly app, it is a few weeks away from release. The other is a full on FPS, a few months away from release (perhaps up to 12 months due to working on DT in parallel). I'm only one man and there are only so many hours in the day.

Good news is, I can start adding a few of you chaps to the company. It's currently being investigated/processed and in the coming weeks I should have a registered business. Obviously everyone added here will have to be a volunteer to begin with, since there's no income to the business yet and won't be for a long time, but it means we can keep in touch more and bring the general level of progress on DT up a bit.

Being volunteers also means there's less that can go wrong in terms of intellectual property and the like. I'll still draw up contracts but they'll only be needed for people that end up being one of my employees if and when the time arises.

So yeah. I can't apologies enough for the hiatus but, life proves to be quite the ***** at times. Still, best I can do is make do with what I have.. left..

EDIT: Updates on things coming every few days from now on now that things have settled slightly.

Edited by JimSolo