Science Forums

Alternatives To Nervegear-Type Devices

CraigD

First off, LMAO at Swimming Simulator 2018 :) if it were created nowadays it would be just like QWOP :p

Second off, the spinal and brain interneurons would be a brilliant place to start. if they definitely accept and process neural signals from across the body to the brain, they would be our first avenue of non-intrusive manipulation. It could be used, if monitored EXTREMELY carefully,to bridge between the brain and body without causing harm to the user.

Third off, corporations shouldnt be trusted, I'd say. Yes they have the money and the manpower, but they also set the deadlines. They set the limits. And if we don't adhere to those terms, we'd not only lose our funding, but all research into that area would remain property of that company. We'd be best to keep it to a tight group of people who have its best interests at heart. I know money is a big player in progress, but it shouldnt be a concern at present until we get the logic of it all on paper (or word document if you wanna save the trees... or notepad if you dont wanna pay for microsoft word :p )

and lastly, the DDW device doesnt have to be a full device. If we find a bridge to seperate the mind safely from the body, the DDW could be just the one, but used to monitor the body's endurance to the video game environment.

We dont need to submit to the DDW in any way, simply use it as a stepping stone towards the final goal :)

So can I suggest we throw off the concern for money for now and focus on how to separate the mind from the body without use of a guillotine first and progress from there? Without this knowledge, all subsequent queries falls down. Even if an exoskeletal design can be produced, without this knowledge, adaptation cant take place :(

A marginally interesting DDW device, the way CraigD described it, would cost more than a good car. And it will not give an experiwnce anywhere near NerveGear. It's a totally different project. Waldo devices have been out there for decades, but they are not suitable for anything like a VRMMORPG experience. Controlling combat exosceletons - yes, other robots - sure. But not immersive VR experience.

you could modify a device DDW and then try to create a device like NerveGear? because in some ways it may be useful, correct me if I'm wrong.

Kiriro, you are right, the DDW could be usefull in development, for preliminary tuning of the virtual control parameters, but fine tuning would have to happen right in the virtual system itself.  It would be unfeasable to expect normal video gamers to spend 50k on a contraption that on it's own requires the size of a room to it's own, not counting the space needed for all the data wires and power cables and other auxilery equipment...that is something that should not be needed outside of development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually even I'm inspired by SAO technology the way they showed in the ANIME.  

WHO Don't Want to play Fully DIVE that ALSO in GAME?? EVERYONE 

Wants to play it where you can fully control you avatar with its unique ability for different avatar.

Ok Guys, first thing is that we know if an object can give out something than it can also take something.

in a sense that when a brain produce those frequency wave "Beta, Alpha,Theta,Delta" that means it can also take those frequency. And if these are the frequency that are produce that means there has to be a part in brain(I mean the source point) from where it produces. THAN we know that if a system can give energy than it can also take energy, in a SAME way when our brain produces those frequency it can also take the same frequency or different types of frequency and interprets according to its "Hz" in the brain Somewhere. So that mean there is a source point in a brain where no 1 have actually explored?? ("Guess SO Or the knowledge is not Publicised ,Cause Sometime's some of the information is hidden") So that Is the part where these frequency are produce because it just can't come out by itself, there to be some part that produces these frequency and also that MEAN THERE has to be some part where it can take the frequency of same range and interprets.. So the main thing is that I guess we have to re-scan the brain fully again till the Smallest level (i mean more inside of the brain till today we have found or we have just misunderstood the function of SOME part of the BRAIN). i Guess it wont be that time consuming cause of the advancement of technology.. To find that Part.

And i would say the technology to make Full DIVE nerve gear is possible Cause when we dream we talk,jump,run etc.. i mean we does the thing that we do in normally and sometimes with super-power, but in actually we don't.. like Lucid DREAMING where the dreamer aware of DREAMING when the brain is in sub-unconscious level.

FULL Dive Nerve Gear is some ward like lucid dream but in awaken stage , with the help of that gear we will link our brain with the game in sub-unconscious level of the brain while we are awake and in the other hand the gear will block with the frequency the flow of norepinephrine,serotonin,histamine which will stop the moment of body while we are in the game.

God my brain is full of confusion and equation, if there are a team working or even collecting recruit member for the Full Dive Project its would be pleasure to help.. Better to work together than working alone, "cause the more we are the better we are"..

And the thing is that we have to interpret the game in frequency level of the brain can accept and can read it.. and  for saving data we need another virtual brain for it.. But first before going to all that First is that we have to re-scan the brain to its smallest level for the part which act as a receiver of frequency .

Edited by Athos7