Science Forums

Business And Futurology

AozoraK

Okay, just so you know, there's already a group of people making the SAO ( argus.forum-invision.com ), so I suggest you join them because they said they're making progress on the NG.

@Five2Fly are you quoting me there?

Umm BTW they are 15 people and they are making the game not the NG and I doubt 1 person (the owner) could make the NG and the game so yeah :P

Ok we should move this conversation to its own website since it appears that it has become a very serious item to work on everyone seems as a whole extremely dedicated so I can create our own website where everyone with the proper credentials can access it and post there findings and or thoughts we can also start to gather everyone together and become fully organized because right now this is chaos in its purest form XD all I ask in return is to be able to post my research (on the same topic of course) and be able to test the FDVR tech once it's stabalised. So jacob2mitts it's up to you whether we can get this thing official and up and running also right now it appears that everyone has been thinking about the present and not the future when we get the tech to make this possible we'd need people like computer programmers, soft ware developers, and so on and so forth. That's all I wanted to say for now, so please pleasepleaseplease please don't let this enthusiasm and determination go to waste I hope to hear from you soon Jacob (btw if you want to contact me my email is [email protected])

Edited by Redpandaman73

I think all of this amazing. I've been just watching and reading for the last few days. and with the suggestion to go to a different website, I thought it would be best to send a message and show my support! I am really excited with the enthusiasm and general interest in such a device. I would love to be able to help in anyway that i can. Although I do not have any special skills in this particular area. Just Interest in the topic and love for science on the whole. 

If you need me to be a guinea pig I'm more than happy to help. or Anything at all really. I can be reached at [email protected] 

For the cause,

Brittany 

Ok, I'm putting up the server for everyone who can contribute to makeing this project a reality... It will hopefully be up this week sometime currently I'm working with a neurotologist, who is actually on this forum, to put this all together I have no idea when the site will be fully functional, HOWEVER, when it is completed I will post it on this string so all of you who are ready to get working can.  :wink:

Awesome.  Sadly I am no scientist, so I can't really help much, but I can cheer for you all and offer tea and tiffins.  Also, I tend to be good at out of the box thinking and devil's advocating, as well as inspiring and enthusing others.  And also, as already said, I offer myself as guinney pig, when you got a feasable trial device.

As written previously, my interest is more as an observer, not an organizer. I'll leave that part up to you geniuses.

at this rate nothing going to get done if everyone just listing information and how the nerve gear would work , it would be best if someone were to create a forum inorder for everyone to discusss and store information about how the nerve gear would work while also finding way to create and llegalize it . Im just an anti social high schooler , dont hate please ;-;

at this rate nothing going to get done if everyone just listing information and how the nerve gear would work , it would be best if someone were to create a forum inorder for everyone to discusss and store information about how the nerve gear would work while also finding way to create and llegalize it . Im just an anti social high schooler , dont hate please ;-;

No hate from me, and you are right.  We need more than just theoretical discussions amongst enthusiasts.  Sadly, that is all I can offer.

Also, as Redpandaman stated, a website is in process of being set up for precisely that purpose.  To figure legal issues and solutions, we would need legal professionals from each country that we want to market it in, but that is not a concern until we actually have at least a first alpha-testing prototype. 

There are already a bunch of scientists and science college students here who, I am sure, are just waiting for the external site to open up and probably already are communicating with each other over eMail and IM. 

The most difficult part would be funding, but we have an ex-reporter here who might perhaps allow us to convince him to do our PR at fund raisers??

Considering that we only just really started to seriously talk, we are pretty far along the way already.

Edited by Kilravok

Again I'd like to say that I'm very excited for all the talk and enthusiasm. I really do wish I could offer more, But if you do need anyone to be a worker bee, polling, collecting data, anything I'd be more than happy to help. Also if anyone needed to do some alpha/beta testing, I'm down for the cause. 

While the website is being set up, putting together some sort of "To-do" list would be a good place to start. 

Checking articles found in this thread for the most viable options.

Ultimately deciding If it will be an non- intrusive or intrusive system. 

Something like organizing different tasks forces to tackle research in different areas.

Making sure everything is posted clearly so there is access for all involved. 

Finding creative ways to Fund raise to get things up and running(kick starter/ Gofundme perhaps? can always research if that's a viable/smart option)

Finding out what if the average consumer would be interested in such a product. 

I apologize if this list is crude and I know some of this is way down the line, but Just looking at things that can be done. I'm sure there are lots of way that people who are interested in helping can help even if they themselves don't consider it a big help. 

Lets figure out who is spear heading this thing and get to work! :D

No hate from me, and you are right.  We need more than just theoretical discussions amongst enthusiasts.  Sadly, that is all I can offer.

Also, as Redpandaman stated, a website is in process of being set up for precisely that purpose.  To figure legal issues and solutions, we would need legal professionals from each country that we want to market it in, but that is not a concern until we actually have at least a first alpha-testing prototype. 

There are already a bunch of scientists and science college students here who, I am sure, are just waiting for the external site to open up and probably already are communicating with each other over eMail and IM. 

The most difficult part would be funding, but we have an ex-reporter here who might perhaps allow us to convince him to do our PR at fund raisers??

Considering that we only just really started to seriously talk, we are pretty far along the way already.

As the "ex-reporter," I might be persuaded to write a tad or twain. There would be some conditions that would have to be followed, however. Something we might discuss in the near future.

There is nothing wrong with diverse and seperate groups competing for gold.  It is what made us strong as a species and society.  It does not matter if your ambitions of running/joining a project lie only in enthusiasm and fandom, monetary gain, glory, altruism or whatever.  Let there be a hundret groups giving their all to be the first ones to get the glory and $billions$ and entry into the guinnes book.  That is much more likely to yield results than everybody working halfhearted together without much time preasure or urgency.  The fastest way to get it done is having to get it done before the competition has it.

Not related to the technology or science of Full Dive Virtual Reality, unless you want to call social sciences an actual form of science.

I just watched the anime Log Horizon, and the first five or so episodes higlighted some considerable changes and potential problems, not only mechanical but also social, that might arrise if the MMO culture makes the step from KMV to FDVR.  The efects might not be limited to the gaming community but also influence the meat-space cultures.

Even if such concerns are not very relevant at the present stage of the development, it might be prudent to keep a section in the dedicated site for application and social sciences.

Kilrakov, I see where you're coming from. The competition streak can inspire better and more fluid designs and encourage others to do better and advance quicker. But it's not all about speed, especially when the brain is on the line.

Competition doesnt just bring out the emphasis in ensuring goods delivered in a timely manner, it also gives greater gaps to fallibility. All it takes is a deadline to make someone make an even less half-assed approach to something for everything to go wrong. And no, competition isnt good. We dont have to fight to get results. We dont have to compete to be the best when we can all work together and have a mutual feeling of accomplishment. Plus, the amount of wasted resources used because companies or ambitious groups are aiming for the same goal, but can't work together, is horrible. Then there's the goal of "one-upping" the "opposition", meaning you try to add so many extra garbage. If this were the case, not only would NerveGear be used to play full-dive games, but it would have twitter, facebook, mp3 and mp4 players, internal ads, micro transactions, java compatible apps, and Banking applications or paypal integration... who the f*** wants to find themselves fighting adverts all the time?