Science Forums

Business And Futurology

AozoraK

I'm pretty sad to say this (cause I am part of this category), that age and experience should be a factor when we select the board members, i would say 20 yrs old be the minimum cut of, due to the responsibility and 'power' the individual has. and the experience be of a range of types, so its not all just full of people that know the same stuff, for example if the 'board' was only programmers they would not have much knowledge of the neurological science that is involved with the creating of the nerve gear. So my proposition is that the members of the board need to be of a reasonable age (I suggested 20+, i understand that this may cut a lot of people off, including myself, but it may be necessary), and that the board has an array of collected knowledge. 

Plus a name and base location may be needed to organised properly, not to mention the banking that was perilously mentioned.

A difficulty that may arise is the fact of location of the individuals. for example I am in Brisbane Australia, and I'm sure there are a lot of you that are not. this issue of location bring an array of problems inducing the banking, which can be worked around. But with regards to project teams/groups an issue of collaboration and personal incompatibilities may arise. If I get involved with this project to the degree of being apart the devices creation, I would personally like to talk to the members of my team and or my peers with in the team that i am apart of. I am aware that there are many companies that work over the internet with in its self. But for creating an object that needs a lot of different sciences and people with varying degrees and knowledge on different aspects of the project, means that a base of operations needs to be established due to the fact that for example i cannot work on an object here in Brisbane if it is in Oregon America (just an example). So teams of people would have to be in the same Country if not state (the state thing is different to Americans as to Australians, we don't travel state to state, much.....if at all). Now i understand that a lot of us may not have an established place of residence of our own, so this may be a smaller issue then i thought, but it is still worth mentioning.

What do you guys think?

Kind regards,

Eyeball   :kangaroo:

Edited by Eyeball

I would just like to point out that if you are planning on working with others in a way that isn't just passing around ideas over PM's, legal nonsense does come into play. Interlectual property is not safe on the internet. This website may ask for compensation if any profits are made as a result of a communication medium. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. Just be careful guys. It's the soul reason I havn't posted in a few days.

I would just like to point out that if you are planning on working with others in a way that isn't just passing around ideas over PM's, legal nonsense does come into play. Interlectual property is not safe on the internet. This website may ask for compensation if any profits are made as a result of a communication medium. I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised. Just be careful guys. It's the soul reason I havn't posted in a few days.

I get tht @JimSolo. That is why I was trying to make my own website so that we could share ideas and files and stuff without worry of legal issues. Oh, @JimSolo, I have a forum, too: http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/28417-17robots-fulldive-vr-company/. I have a couple of people on board already if you'd like to check it out. Don't worry, we're not at the stage where we're spreading files sand stuff to each other yet so you don't have to worry about Interlectual Property with us just yet. Also, did you read the links I sent you about forming a company in Australia?

Whoa.. so many teams are already been formed. I think it's already about that time huh..

I just want to say that you people are amazing on taking another initiative in creating this a reality.

hmm.. an oxymoron huh.. "Virtual yet Real" :) Anyway since teams are already been formed. I know that we can't agree on one thing and another. Like becoming a member of our team or the latter. But you know guys, there's one thing we have in common. That is we have the same goal. We may run on different tracks but our goal is one and the same. So what I mean is since I'm already in a group/team also working on this project, also born on this same ol' forum. I'd like to propose a "Collaborative venture" with other groups some day. Oh I think it'd be better if by the year end.. or so. :) Since we're one and another.. Competition is inevitable but that just what makes it better because every group will stride harder. We may have competition but we're not Kayaba Akihiko who can work his as s off alone. So I think it's better that we have a collaborative venture once we have already settled the formation of groups, establishing rights, and organizing project. Then maybe,... maybe we could start thinking about collaboration.

Oh man.. 'bout time since I posted like this. :) Anyway Good luck to the people out their who's trying to drag this technology into realization! Looking forward to working with you soon! :)

John

DigiAxon R&D

Edited by Mactyville

• 2 months later...

Yeah. As to you. The only issue I think most groups are having issues with is the funding. Any ideas?

Write up a detailed business plan that describes to investors your business plan, the profits you expect to see, the costs you can reasonably foresee and any known unknowns?  Basically - how much money do you need, and for how long, and at what point will the returns to an investor justify putting money into this rather than into something else.  

Alternatively, try to open-source everything (hardware and software) from the beginning in the hope that enough people working on it will spread the time-costs around to the point that everybody can work on it in spare time while also having a day job that sustains them.

Do you have estimates of costs?