4 replies to this topic

#1 SwoopdeSwoop

SwoopdeSwoop

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Hello Hypography! Been lurking for a few years after being a slightly active poster when I was a young teenager. Decided I'd finally dip back in to the thick of it.  :wave2:

- I go by Swoop online.

- I found Hypography nearly 10 years ago and used it as a sounding board for my immature musings and questions.

- I know it is frowned upon, but I created a new account. I cannot remember my old handle, email, or information from the past... It's been just shy of a decade and I can not stretch that far.

- I have quite a few interests. Currently I am most interested in:

• Gender Studies
  • Designing/building my own experimental LSA (light sport aircraft).
  • Philosophy of Physics & Mind (I'm highly interested in Quantum Mechanics and how it may affect brain cell function)
  • Automotive Tuning, Maintenance & Modifications - not just street-performance mods either.

Things I want to learn most? I guess really I'd love to pick up where I left off in Uni before I changed majors. Had 2.5 solid years of Undergrad Honors physics under my belt before making the switch and I regret that a bit because I feel like I missed out on some very important information.

Granted condensing 4 years of Philosophy and Political Science into 1.5 years really strained my brain. Even a year or so later I'm not quite as pliable as I once was. I miss concepts a lot. If I do that, please don't think I'm trying to be intentionally dense. I'm probably just frustrated... or too stupid.

Thanks for your time! I hope to ask many questions of you all. And maybe, just maybe, answer a few as well.

• Lukas and MJCreationz like this

#2 pgrmdave

pgrmdave

Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

Welcome back, swoop - hope to see you in the forums :)
  • SwoopdeSwoop likes this

#3 sanctus

sanctus

Resident Diabolist

• Administrators
  • 4224 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:33 AM

Welcome back! Pgrmdave, it looks like you actually remember who he is, can you help swoop (and me) to remember?:-) Because both of us were already around at that time...And swoop, don't worry, I am just curious it is fine to create a new account if after 10 years you forgot who you were :-). (If you use the same mail, I can see whehter I can find you (I think I have access to that)....if interested send me a pm)

Edit: I checked there is no other user with your current mail.

#4 Lukas

Lukas

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:45 AM

Welcome back! ;)

#5 SwoopdeSwoop

SwoopdeSwoop

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

Welcome back! Pgrmdave, it looks like you actually remember who he is, can you help swoop (and me) to remember?:-) Because both of us were already around at that time...And swoop, don't worry, I am just curious it is fine to create a new account if after 10 years you forgot who you were :-). (If you use the same mail, I can see whehter I can find you (I think I have access to that)....if interested send me a pm)

Edit: I checked there is no other user with your current mail.

Hi sanctus,

Thank you for checking, but I should have mentioned that I used a lot of throwaway emails and accounts when I was in high school. For some reason or another I was paranoid about being tracked. I'm not sure which throwaway it was either... I had over 30  :scared:

I'll try to stick to this one.