Science Forums

Bringing Peace To The Near East.

BrettNortje

When will the near east be in a state of peace? i find that it is the Palestinians and people of the Gaza strip that are the aggressors. why do they kill Jews? why do they hate Jews? is it like they are Americans nearby? is it like they have taken something from them? if they were to visit the holy sites, or live next door to the holy sites, there is no real difference. they must go on Hajj once in their life times, and that includes traveling. do they launch rockets at those people too?

Why does Palestine need rockets? why does Gaza need rockets? there is no threat from Israel - the authorities should not stock them. they should be used for tanks and helicopters only. then there will be no rockets in the country except for illegal ones. i am sure the powers that be do not use them, it is the radicals that get their hands on them, not the official armies that launch them. it is stupid.

Now, we must appeal to the minds of the rebels. if they want to launch rockets, they will go to jail if caught. how about that incident with the young boys that were abducted? this was messy. this was stupid and pointless. this meant more death. this started a fire. fire fighters have a place in the community, not arsonists, yes? this is like a gangster story - are they gangsters? dealing death for their 'pride?' what is so holy about a piece of land? what is so holy about a pile of bricks?

I say, it is better to build a new site. use the measurements of moses, and build a better site. use the google g.p.s. and google maps to make a site that is even better. these sites were made out of intuition. these sites are old. who built these sites? did Muslims build them, or did Jews build them? we will never know, for all we know the romans were interfering with the brick work while they were there, maybe, yes?

I suggest you do some serious reading on the history of the Middle East. From the point of view of the Palestinians their homeland, Palestine, has been taken over by a massive influx of foreign immigrants and that new ownership secured by force arms. There is blame on both sides and arguably even more blame on nations such as the US and Britain, but your simplistic view is deeply ignorant and simply wrong.

I suggest you do some serious reading on the history of the Middle East. From the point of view of the Palestinians their homeland, Palestine, has been taken over by a massive influx of foreign immigrants and that new ownership secured by force arms. There is blame on both sides and arguably even more blame on nations such as the US and Britain, but your simplistic view is deeply ignorant and simply wrong.

Well, what do you suggest?

I am in that interesting condition where I am not smart enough to provide a solution, but I am smart enough to recognise that fact. It's a position I recommend you give some consideration to. Meanwhile, I repeat my recommendation that you do some serious reading on the history of the region. Informed opinion, even when wrong, is better than uninformed opinion.

When will the near east be in a state of peace? i find that it is the Palestinians and people of the Gaza strip that are the aggressors. why do they kill Jews? why do they hate Jews? is it like they are Americans nearby? is it like they have taken something from them? if they were to visit the holy sites, or live next door to the holy sites, there is no real difference. they must go on Hajj once in their life times, and that includes traveling. do they launch rockets at those people too?

Why does Palestine need rockets? why does Gaza need rockets? there is no threat from Israel - the authorities should not stock them. they should be used for tanks and helicopters only. then there will be no rockets in the country except for illegal ones. i am sure the powers that be do not use them, it is the radicals that get their hands on them, not the official armies that launch them. it is stupid.

There's a bit of a segway from the "terrorists" post to this one in that, you must also remember that many many many actions of Israel are by the definition I used, state-sponsored terrorism. They don't see it that way, but very few terrorist thinks of themselves as a terrorist.

Either way, I think one of the main problems with resolving that conflict is that there are far too many people who just are not willing to examine their beliefs. Too many people just see what they want to see, and ignore all the evidence to the contrary as "propaganda".

The western media and politics has been historically very one sided in its views all the way from the inception of Israel, especially in the US where there has ever only existed Israel lobbyists, and Palestine view has not been represented at all. I think it is interesting that due to internet, the Palestine view is starting to penetrate the western consciousness, and suddenly the conflict doesn't look as one-sided anymore. Also I think the religious arguments on both sides ought to be seen just as laughable as they are. No one should be able to use their silly beliefs to justify any act against another person, let alone nation.

As a result, the European countries are starting to recognize the state of Palestine, I suspect Finland will too sooner or later (we have probably only 1 minister, from a Christian party, who opposes recognizing the Palestine because she thinks recognizing Palestine means the two parties of the conflict are not treated equally... go figure).

I think this development is quite healthy, in de-demonizing one party of the conflict, and starting to focus onto a common goal; creating security and stability for all the people in the region, regardless of ethnicity.

If you look at your OP, you should be able to recognize that it represents a view where one party is pretty much responsible for the whole mess. I think such views always represent somewhat ignorant stance; surely a whole slew of events are being ignored to get into any kind of black and white view. I personally find it very interesting and useful to examine the views of the party whose views I disagree with. It is healthy to not live inside an echo chamber.

I think you might find it interesting to watch this for example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ

-Anssi