Science Forums

It doesn't have a large knowledge base right now, but it is responding with relevance at the very least. I wanted to put it up on the internet so people could speak with it and make it smarter as I will also be doing in between sessions.

There is a chance that more than one person will be speaking to it at the same time though, but whatever I'm going to take that chance.

I hope you guys have fun with it! Please keep it mature. You can find it here.

Please be patient with it as well. It doesn't always respond. A lot of people log on to it and say one or two things then leave. It's not like every other chat bot. Plus it's just a baby right now.

Also, if you want to be scientific about it, please quote the conversation in a reply to this thread. Thanks again!

Edited by Poppins

Hey Dave. I didn't realize you were speaking with it. I was talking to it at the same time.

It is learning. The reason that it's not talking to you as much as it talks to me is because we have different ways of typing things. Here's an excerpt from a conversation that I've had with it.

hey

> hello
what's up?
> guess
> guess buddy
eh?
> guess whats up
> the sky!
> lol
but yea
> what?
you don't want to laugh?
> I always laugh
the sky!
> yup!
> that's whats up homie
the sky!
> yup!
> good job!

If you're interested in speaking with it, it will keep learning from you. Who knows, the conversation may get interesting. The longer you talk with it, the more it learns. If you want to use my conversation as a template for how to speak with it, it will probably say more.

Thanks for the interest! I gtg though and won't be back on the forums until tomorrow.

hey I figured out how to login. What do you mean by shut down? Do you mean that its not responding? The thing is that it's a natural language processor so you speak naturally to it and it continues to learn, so if you keep speaking with it then it should learn and probably respond with something that you've said to it. I'm not at my computer right now so I don't know what happened exactly

hey I figured out how to login. What do you mean by shut down? Do you mean that its not responding? The thing is that it's a natural language processor so you speak naturally to it and it continues to learn, so if you keep speaking with it then it should learn and probably respond with something that you've said to it. I'm not at my computer right now so I don't know what happened exactly

I understand what it's trying to do, but when I ask it what its name is and it never responds, that's not natural. When I say "Good afternoon" and it never responds, that doesn't have any conversation. If it doesn't respond with anything then I can't have a conversation with it, unless I'm just supposed to talk to myself?

I'm using Flask to make the front-end for the program. Unfortunately Flask does not make the program work the way that it does when I use the Python shell. There is something incompatible about putting it on the internet and just using it in the shell.

I use hierarchical structures for this program so it should be responding within context, but it doesn't do that in the Flask version. I'm going to have to come back to this in the future to see if Django or something else will be better.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do about it at this point.