Science Forums

A Quantum Of Solace? The Psychology Of Physics.

pagetheoracle

No. No. No.

Here, with a minor expansion, is what I said:

Since we know Newtonian physics is wrong, or - if you prefer - incomplete, then I conclude that your suggestion that Newtonian Physics may be actual reality is a demonstrably false conclusion.

That is, your opening premise- perhaps Newtonian physics is reality - is a false/faulty/flawed/wrong premise.

Ah, that makes perfect sense! Did you know, according to shamanism, that this is their interpretation and Eastern Religion too (Maya / illusion).  What I'm trying to say is that it is 'the past' when looked at as time or that is my interpretation of it.  I would be happy for you to point out in what way it is incomplete as your hundred word challenge as that sounds like fun to me!

By the way, my language book series idea requires grabbing hold of dictionary material and rearranging it into teaching material.  I do this by collating matter, based on spoken sound and written symbol, plus meaning - the three components of language at base.  I then further subdivide it by common groupings, according to pronunciation or spelling, only moving onto comprehension when these more abstract elements are exposed.  I could write more but that will do for a start.

Motion equals the 'concept' of self - is that better?

The earth is in motion. The earth's motion is the concept of self?

Consciousness 'comes' from lack of motion

As the earth is in motion, we are always in motion. Since we never have a lack of motion, we never have consciousness.

Personally I thought this was all observable fact but as I say maybe it teaches you nothing because this is common sense to you and you've moved on from it.  In other words it bores you (as stated above) and is maybe too soft science in approach or 'poetic.'  In this case you are not my target audience and my thread misled you into believing you were.  Perhaps this should have been posted elsewhere or not at all ( I do have some followers here but is it time I moved on elsewhere I ask myself?)?

You're posting in a physics forum. Don't be surprised when people expect you to use words with mathematical precision.

The earth is in motion. The earth's motion is the concept of self?

As the earth is in motion, we are always in motion. Since we never have a lack of motion, we never have consciousness.

You're posting in a physics forum. Don't be surprised when people expect you to use words with mathematical precision.

I like using words with mathematical precision and posting on a forum like this means I'm always refining my points when they are not fine enough to be understood.  Yes we are all in motion but if you're running down the road, does the scenery around you look as clear as when you are standing still?  Can you see as much of it, when you are in this 'relative' state? This isn't rocket science but observable fact as I say.  A car on the sidewalk is stopped in relation to the planet it is on, so yes it is moving with it but not at a different rate.  It is still in relation to the planet's motion as a part of it, rather than moving at a different rate over the surface.

Simple experiment:  Stop and look out the window, if you're mind is not chattering away what do you see?  Now allow yourself to get carried away with daydreaming about your favourite hobby.  Do you see the outside world now or only images in your head, accompanied by verbal soundtrack? 

Life is defined by motion.  Even molecules and atoms are in motion.  But do planets all move at the same speed? What about increased temperature and motion, plus decreased temperature and motion (Pot of boiling water)?  Does this relate to the idea of being cool headed and in control of your life versus being hot headed and not in control of it (reactionary, rather analytical)?  How about being studious and working in libraries (Silence and stillness encouraged) versus sport and being active (Noise and motion encouraged)?

Consciousness is I believe caused by slowing down motion as unconsciousness comes from action.  When we slow down we see what was (solid matter / the past / memory).  When we speed things up we dream what could be (free energy / the future / imagination).  By 'real' I mean solid (objective) and by unreal, I mean unformed energy or potential (subjectivity), which is why I liken it to Quantum Mechanics (Heisenberg's uncertainty principle and Schrodinger's cat).  As an analogy think of a volcano - the lava is undefined & unformed potential (the unknown) and the cone is layers of defined history ('dead' certain / known).  I don't think I can make it any clearer than that but perhaps I'm wrong?

Edited by pagetheoracle

You need to write less, but imbue it with more meaning.

Hope I have done above.  What I notice is that when I have instant insights, they are clear and precise, involving few words as on my blog posts but when I am tired or have gone passed this point, I tend to use more words and ramble.  This too is observable.  It is because the mind hasn't stopped and taken what I call a 'thought photograph,' but is in the constant motion Dave put on about above.  Only in a Disney cartoon do the planets stop and change direction but animal life does this all the time as do plants to some degree and rocks not at all as they are totally passive.  I'm not pointing out anything that isn't instantly observable or are you only looking at the planets?