Science Forums

Forgive Them Lord!

pagetheoracle

Several points, not necessarily in order of importance:

1. Au revoir, means until we see each other again. You appear to mean this to be a permanent departure, so au revoir is misplaced. On the other hand it could be deja vu all over again.

2. I am of an age where Alzheimers is a possibility, so I am alert to some of the symptoms. Your style (polite substitute for "odd behaviour") here seems more that of one deeply troubled by personal events/situation than in the early stages of dementia.

3. Have you dicussed these issues with your GP? If not, you should.

4. Anybody who lives in Kilmarnock and does not suffer from SAD is not paying attention to their surroundings.

Several points, not necessarily in order of importance:

1. Au revoir, means until we see each other again. You appear to mean this to be a permanent departure, so au revoir is misplaced. On the other hand it could be deja vu all over again.

2. I am of an age where Alzheimers is a possibility, so I am alert to some of the symptoms. Your style (polite substitute for "odd behaviour") here seems more that of one deeply troubled by personal events/situation than in the early stages of dementia.

3. Have you dicussed these issues with your GP? If not, you should.

4. Anybody who lives in Kilmarnock and does not suffer from SAD is not paying attention to their surroundings.

1. It could be as I keep coming back like Snozzle Durante in 'It's a Mad,Mad,Mad World.' See memory and item 3 as well.

2. I hope you're right

3. Haven't discussed this particular problem with my GP as from my readings, if it is either of these maladies, then no treatment really does anything but slow down the inevitable (As mentioned in other posts I believe, my wife has two siblings with Alzheimer's, so I've seen how it acts on the personality apart from the forgetfulness (the tantrums are part of it, it seems, if that is what this is indicative of).  Perhaps I'll mention it when I visit in a fortnights time about the results for the other thing:  My wife being ex-medical as I said was worried that my migraines indicated a brain tumour, then she thought the memory loss was Alzheimer's because of her eldest brother and sister, now it's prostate cancer that she fears I've got and I do have some of the symptoms for that but hopefully it's just a UTI (urinary tract infection) as men can get this as well as women.  On top of all this is her urge to go back up North, so is it any wonder I seem deeply troubled?  Ah the bachelor life of living on your own and having no cares... (By the way her youngest brother thinks I'm a waster but then so is he 'It takes one to know one').  Then there's my cousin, fresh back from The States, who's daughter is ill and who has just found out one of her two children has the same condition and because they didn't sort out the paperwork, they are now having to go back to America.  Then me and my brother don't speak....all the usual family gloom and doom.

4.  Lowest employment rate in the country, depressed economy since Johnnie Walker, walked out on us, plus the closure of the Carpet factory, sandwich factory and all.

By the way what do you / did you teach as a matter of interest?

Edited by pagetheoracle

Results back.  I don't have prostate cancer but probably something a doctor friend of my wife calls Prostatitis.  So this really is goodbye Eclogite!  Previously I didn't go because this was a Murray-'Jock O'Viche' batting back and forth volley (I'd say something, you'd say something etc).  Anyway that's it.  Pills made me want to vomit three times the first night but standing up, led gravity to stop this process in its tracks.  Violent headache for several days, with accompanying nausea and stomach bloating but I seem to be over that today.

You never told me what age group you taught or was it tutored?  I'd come over to Aberdeen with my free bus pass but I've never really liked the granite city (my prejudice based on one visit).