Science Forums

Problems Pasting From Word

zazz54

....Tried it; didn't work....checked browser settings; couldn't find any problem, including compatibility settings, among other things... don't know what it is unless you guys are in Europe, and then, everything changes. The sky will begin to fall; clouds will accumulate into billowy tufts of cotton balls, and I will have to go through protocols that even the Queen of England doesn't have to - at which point, I'll just take the computer out into the fields of sun flowers, and use it for target practice, or go back to my old computer where copying and pasting was so complicated that one had to push two buttons to accomplish the mission. 

No a lot of us are in the US, and use all sorts of browsers. Can you specify more about what it does when it "doesn't work?" Does nothing show in the box at all? Does it show up but is badly formatted? Are you able to paste it elsewhere (e.g. notepad)? 

I commonly write in a MS Word, the copy the text and paste into a "replying to" browser input box.

I think the following will work in any version of MS word and any browser you’re likely to run:

• In Word, select all by holding down the ctrl key and pressing the A key
  • Still in Word, copy the selected text by holding down the ctrl key and pressing the insert key
  • In the browser’s input box, paste the selected text by holding down the shift key and pressing the insert key

I have no idea why I can't simply paste my word doc to this format - any ideas? I have windows 8.

There is a silver box in the upper left hand corner of the posting header. It was preventing me from pasting anything with one of my computers. You can try to click on that and paste. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it did for me. Good luck  :yes: