Science Forums

Many "mature" people that perform club meetings eg. a party , will define the drunk at the party as the immature one. This I find to be NOT THE ACTUAL perception of the external observer of the party. The immaturity is highlighted in the "mature" members, as soon as they begin too define other members at the party differently to themselves (ergo, a club has formed within the party)

Intelligent party members take the drunk, and the USE the drunk. This is what I define as an adult (The club members that is) The adults will then use thier coercive techniques: All hidden in the eyes of the drunk (the perceived child), too either,

A. Banish the drunk B.Make fun of the Drunk C. Take advantage of the Drunk D. Create a coercive event I can't think of because I'm just not as low the typical Adult.

The Ultra adult, will do yet worse to the drunk, and do all of the above (with mature techniques) AND, make it so that they had/have nothing todo with any of the ABC's - They (the adults) would sooner kill, castrate, or make a complete mockery of the Drunk OR switch blame if ever there is even the slightest perception that an external club member can see/knows what is going on.

--CHILDREN HAVE TOO LEARN THESE TECHNIQUES FROM ADULTS: IT IS ALSO WHY AUTISM is the TRUTHFUL CHILD...the one raised by someone that just wants stability, but doesn't understand the advanced Psychology required, in order too fit into the gentry class (which now...all of us pretty much are)

What sucks, is that the only recourse for a curable Autistic (As per label via the Club that creates the notion) - is too become one of them via a very lengthy learning curve.

WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED AT THE PARTY?

hmmm. If drunk female - let her, cheat, do whatever, dance etc. If she talks and is slathering and throwing up - help.

Male...and - who really cares...if there is a fight, well make sure there is a mobile phone nearby. -->but just note that the fight usually starts, b/c - exactly it's the ADULT the SOBER one, In most cases drunken brawls are ...created, for the fascination of others. Welcome to ADULT HOOD people.

PS...without "the drunk", there is no party...its just a forum with food.

Just a thought. You don't think a mature person might have kept an eye on the drunk. Made sure they came to no harm. Gently suggested they might have had enough. Made sure they did not attempt to drive home. You know, looked after their wellbeing, without overly, or overtly interfering. Difficult, but not that difficult for a mature adult.

Or, was that bullshit you posted intended to generate an immture reaction in members, where - for example - they are moved to call it bullshit?

Just curious about the world you think you inhabit.

Just a thought. You don't think a mature person might have kept an eye on the drunk. Made sure they came to no harm. Gently suggested they might have had enough. Made sure they did not attempt to drive home. You know, looked after their wellbeing, without overly, or overtly interfering. Difficult, but not that difficult for a mature adult.

Or, was that bullshit you posted intended to generate an immture reaction in members, where - for example - they are moved to call it bullshit?

Just curious about the world you think you inhabit.

1. Yess you are right...but to warn you of the future, driving home will no longer be a problem (Self Drive Cars)

2. No... You didn't understand my drivel -> but it's nice to see someone that is interested.

The world in which I have seen the drunk -> NO ONE CARES --> most people let it go on, and they let it go on, and on, and on: It makes them feel like they are better than something which they have observed.

The Word DRUNK can be replaced in my statement, with any labeled human characteristic that a typical ADULT seems to label as being childish in their egotistic mannered society. eg. Writing with your left hand, Not using a Napkin, Burping after a meal...or simply - being poor...you know - Winners and Losers!!!

-To me the real loser, is the one that opened their mouth in the first place...Too make fun of a crack addict, rather than just plainly inviting the person into their home (If they are such Winners in society, maybe with all the time they have to spin **** - they would get up off their cans and utilise their Winning streak (assets) too help, maybe Just 1 person in their life time) -> Rather than thinking that the latest Reebok shoes their wearing has anything todo with reality.

PS I have met REAL WINNERS in society...and no, you don't find these people easily.

What characteristics do we associate with maturity and what ones do we consider immature?

I would define emotional maturity as the ability to mitigate our immediate emotional response to any circumstance and subjugate it to at least a modicum of rational thought. The ability to do so is usually arrived at over time and from experience but also depends upon individual temperament.

The term 'adult' may be used to define the physical state of maturity where active physical growth has pretty much ceased, as example most breeds of horses are considered 'mature' or 'adult' when they have grown out their full set of secondary dentition and attained their full height, usually 5-6 years in that species.

I would define emotional maturity as the ability to mitigate our immediate emotional response to any circumstance and subjugate it to at least a modicum of rational thought. The ability to do so is usually arrived at over time and from experience but also depends upon individual temperament.

The term 'adult' may be used to define the physical state of maturity where active physical growth has pretty much ceased, as example most breeds of horses are considered 'mature' or 'adult' when they have grown out their full set of secondary dentition and attained their full height, usually 5-6 years in that species.

Temperament can be thwarted and throttled by gang members as so desired...this is childish behavior. A true adult gives their child to the world, a child raises its child as a mirror...because the reproducer is not mature enough too allow for faith.

A person can be emotionally / psychologically mature or immature at any age. Physical human maturity occurs at a certain age for each sex (males take longer) and legal adulthood depends on the laws of the land in which you reside. 

Agreed. It seems pretty clear that "adult" by definition is what each state/country defines as not being the age of minority anymore. 16 or 18 or what have you. And the definition of maturity seems like it would be a rather subjective issue, no? I also believe that maturity would be predefined by the culture you live in, whether it is the ability to live independently, make "good" choices, or if you are able to be a good hunter and provide for a family (which takes place at much different ages around the world).