Science Forums

Wish List 2014

Turtle

double post. What happened to the delete function I earned? The new setup has many shortcomings like this, such as no Dislike button and no Report button. Not that we had many members left, but y'all are going to lose more than you attract with the changes.

Edited by Turtle

double post. What happened to the delete function I earned? The new setup has many shortcomings like this, such as no Dislike button and no Report button. Not that we had many members left, but y'all are going to lose more than you attract with the changes.

Hi Turtle,

When we upgraded to the new version some little features must have been lost. Doesn't mean we can't add them again.

thanks,

Greg

I was going to mention that the emoticons were not displaying as images for me when the drop down window was opened but I see that someone has addressed that matter already and now they are showing. Nice!

Thanks for solving that mystery. :sherlock: :good:

This forum now has the best selection of emoticons of any site that I visit. :clap: .

I was going to mention that the emoticons were not displaying as images for me when the drop down window was opened but I see that someone has addressed that matter already and now they are showing. Nice!

Thanks for solving that mystery. :sherlock: :good:

This forum now has the best selection of emoticons of any site that I visit. :clap: .

Well, it's a start :D

Hi Turtle,

When we upgraded to the new version some little features must have been lost. Doesn't mean we can't add them again.

thanks,

Greg

Please do put them back then. All-in-all this place is now a joke. Trolls like saxon VIOLENCE and erlyriza rein while you destroyed the physics and math. Science for everyone? Phhhh. Bunch of damn nonsense for everyone is more like it.

Please do put them back then. All-in-all this place is now a joke. Trolls like saxon VIOLENCE and erlyriza rein while you destroyed the physics and math. Science for everyone? Phhhh. Bunch of damn nonsense for everyone is more like it.

The report link is back and you can delete you own posts now. Thank you for your feedback.

The report link is back and you can delete you own posts now. Thank you for your feedback.

My pleasure I'm sure. And what about the trolls? Do you really think it reflects well on you or this board to promote VIOLENCE by allowing that member to keep that name, as well as sit signed in day after day so that the word VILOENCE is on our main page? If you don't intend to do anything about at least do us the courtesy of defending the situation.

And again on removing our math & physics. What was it you said in regard to that? Something to the effect that none of it was right? Notwithstanding that I deleted most of my math posts due to thievery, several of my threads were the most read & replied to of threads on this board and I take exception to having them called 'wrong'. No doubt it was their rightness that was being copied and put up elsewhere without crediting the source. My bad for remaining anonymous I suppose, but that has no bearing on gutting this board of a main-stay of science.

You're welcome again of course for my additional feedback.

My pleasure I'm sure. And what about the trolls? Do you really think it reflects well on you or this board to promote VIOLENCE by allowing that member to keep that name, as well as sit signed in day after day so that the word VILOENCE is on our main page? If you don't intend to do anything about at least do us the courtesy of defending the situation.

And again on removing our math & physics. What was it you said in regard to that? Something to the effect that none of it was right? Notwithstanding that I deleted most of my math posts due to thievery, several of my threads were the most read & replied to of threads on this board and I take exception to having them called 'wrong'. No doubt it was their rightness that was being copied and put up elsewhere without crediting the source. My bad for remaining anonymous I suppose, but that has no bearing on gutting this board of a main-stay of science.

You're welcome again of course for my additional feedback.

We welcome you to report any unsavory members. This was the first complaint I have heard about these two members. I will investigate now.

I can't speak for your threads, but scanning the physics forum, it is quite low quality with lots of useless speculation and the alternative theories forum was complete rubbish. If you want to talk physics go to our sister community which is stocked full of professors. SF will be focusing on more social and environment sciences.

We welcome you to report any unsavory members. This was the first complaint I have heard about these two members. I will investigate now.

I can't speak for your threads, but scanning the physics forum, it is quite low quality with lots of useless speculation and the alternative theories forum was complete rubbish. If you want to talk physics go to our sister community which is stocked full of professors. SF will be focusing on more social and environment sciences.

Pretty lame response IMHO. Perhaps you just don't have the will or ability -or both- to winnow the grain from the chaff. You do know of course that social sciences would be nowhere without math, right? If you think social sciences here isn't as full of rubbish, you aren't very perceptive.

But hey; it's your board now so ruin it any way you care.

Edited by Turtle

Fixed. Is that the extent of your comments on the issues I brought up?

I haven't been around for a while, hence I have no issues. Just stopping by from time to time and kicking stumps, as they say in these parts. I proof read and do policy review and sometimes I forget that I am not at work. :computerkeys:

Pretty lame response IMHO. Perhaps you just don't have the will or ability -or both- to winnow the grain from the chaff. You do know of course that social sciences would be nowhere without math, right? If you think social sciences here isn't as full of rubbish, you aren't very perceptive.

But hey; it's your board now so ruin it any way you care.

We don't have anyone to moderate such discussions. So you're right we don't have the ability. Social sciences are easier and it's something we will over time tighten up. I'm open to creating a new math forum and moving some threads in.  It will take a long time to fix all the damage caused over the years. Baby steps.

We don't have anyone to moderate such discussions. So you're right we don't have the ability. Social sciences are easier and it's something we will over time tighten up. I'm open to creating a new math forum and moving some threads in.  It will take a long time to fix all the damage caused over the years. Baby steps.

OK. Baby steps it is. :teddybear: