Science Forums

Theory Of Extinction And The Flood

Elisa

Isn't it possible that indeed if the Great Flood happened (many of the world's mainstream religions all have "flood" stories), then wouldn't it be possible that not all the animals got on the ark? I can't remember what God said about which animals could go and not go, but wouldn't that explain some of the animals that don't exist in current times? Or the animals that we have only heard about, like unicorns, etc. Thoughts?

Hmm Unicorns...

yeah your right some animals were not allowed!

...but thats a story, extinction real: Humans are getting to that point - starting to be a tad too many of us.

, which means we help alot when it comes too whipping out species - but also proliferating them (cat dog chicken cow etc)

Many Continents also flooded bringing new life via, new nutrients - or reconditioning the area into a waste land where only the "loner" species survived (or found grace in finding a niche) --(Just watched something on Donkeys that live in Sandy deserts of india, if the place wasn't empty then those Donkeys wouldn't want to be there - so it's a new species which lives off of the demise of the previous)

So far evolution seems to be geared toward having "less of"(diversity that is) - but "better of"(Survivors - like the philosiphically minded species like humans and cats)

PS I hatr Dogs.

Isn't it possible that indeed if the Great Flood happened (many of the world's mainstream religions all have "flood" stories), then wouldn't it be possible that not all the animals got on the ark? I can't remember what God said about which animals could go and not go, but wouldn't that explain some of the animals that don't exist in current times? Or the animals that we have only heard about, like unicorns, etc. Thoughts?

While flood myths may have some kernels of truth in local events, they are not factually related to what science informs us of concerning Earth's geologic history or evolution.

While flood myths may have some kernels of truth in local events, they are not factually related to what science informs us of concerning Earth's geologic history or evolution.

The one I know of...

Noahs Ark, we are actually doing again today: Via Seeds and Gene Banks.

* Just incase

* For Space Race

* For Gene Race : (Some risk in wiping out lineages if not careful - sort of)

* For Brevity (Humans are funny little collectors, making sure we have everything sorted)