Science Forums

Been a while, I hope my return doesn't scare too many people.

After finding that there was only one active Logic group on facebook and that it mainly dealt with normal philosophy and less with Logic, I made my own group for Formal Logic in which argumentation can be broken down into symbolic representation and thrown into truth tables to prove validity of arguments. So far we haven't actually done much of the symbolic form as most of the 30-sih people in the group are new to Formal Logic and me and the other two admins are going through the normal conversational form with them first.

This is not an ad for the group, I mean you can join if you want, but I'm posting this in the philosophy board because I will probably post all the Weekly Schema Discussion topics from the group in here as well, and once a week return to look at all the responses and amalgamate them to present a main counter-argument to the initial schema and possibly a main counter-counter-argument if enough responses are posted.

This is just a heads up, as many of the weekly schemas I post here will be presented in a fashion that should make it easy to assign symbols for. Looking forward to having these debates on the philosophy board be broken down into objective and clear-conclusion arguments. =P

Edited by Snax