Science Forums

Hello From Jupiter

cujet

Mandatory first post from my home in Jupiter, FL.

I recently found this forum and have enjoyed browsing the various subjects. I work in Aviation as DOM for a high end corporate flight department. I'm also a pilot and aircraft owner. Being a "motorhead", and having done some basic engineering in both the automotive and aviation world, this forum fills a need quite nicely.

My typical projects include anything from off grid power production to DIY small, liquid fueled rocket engines, DIY gas turbine engines, composite materials, concentrated solar arrays and other mechanical items. I have a few items posted on my personal website. www.cujet.com (mostly my Cessna overhaul project)

Nice to meet you guys!

Chris

Welcome to hypography, Chris!

Just finished reading every page of your website, and am still reeling in awe.

I’m a 53-year-old IT professional (subspecies application programmer, sub-subspecies medical) who’s greatest mechanical accomplishment is resurrecting a weed-invaded ’78 VW van left parked sideways on steep slope, (which, oddly, required gaining an appreciation for cork gaskets), and who’s aviation experience comes from growing up in the 1970s with private pilot parents, and working nights after college classes answering phones and schedules rentals and charters, mostly for Cessna 150 and 172s. I remember the Cessna Cardinal when it was new, having ridden in one being shown off by owner. I enjoyed standing on the ground watching the weird, wading bird-like way its main gear retracted more than the ride. :)

Hope you enjoy our forums, and look forward to reading and replying to your posts.