Science Forums

Malicious Websight

sman

Just browsing Hypography without loggng in and finding no discussion I can possibly add to - like I often do, my Malwarebytes keeps blocking a "Malicious Website" and shutting internet explorer down. Just today.

Here is, clip&paste, what it logs for me:

IP - BLOCK 208.87.149.250 (Type: outgoing, Port: 64923, Process: iexplore.exe)

Sorry, I know nothing about this business and am not even sure if this is helpful.

We saw something like this 1+ year ago, where something nasty managed to insert itself into our forum software (IP.Board).

That time, it was pretty easy to reproduce - Google Chrome, installed as recommended, showed it's "get me out of here!" button.

This time, I can't reproduce the problem - Chrome 28, IE 10 and 3 web-based website scanners I tried find nothing mal about scienceforums or hypography.com. I haven't tried McAfee site advisor, as I don't want to install it on my home/play machine, because my other antimalware software have in the past flagged it and others of its ilk as malware.

Sman, Snax - are you still getting the warning? Have you rebooted your machines, and run a malware scan using whatever you can or usually use?

Sman, Snax - are you still getting the warning?

Not every time. I was on this morning without problems. But, I got it again just now. Malwarebytes simply disconnects me and I must re-navigate. Took me three times to be able to log in.

Have you rebooted your machines, and run a malware scan using whatever you can or usually use?

I ran the "full scan" last night and Malwarebytes found nine abject "objects" on my system, which it proceeded to kill. I've no idea if this is related though, and doesn't seem out-of-ordinary.

I trust Malwarebytes emphatically, BTW, every since my computer was hijacked by a bug over a year ago masquerading as a service from Microsoft. I was unable to download any protection because - whatever it was - would kill anything I brought in. Finally, by communicating with the Malwarebytes guys directly from another console, they were able to slip me some kind of designer hunter-killer which I transfered via USB storage devise. I was very impressed with the attention I got for my 30 bucks. Can't help but wonder if they have a service for servers(?)