Science Forums

Major Ufo Sighting Causing Big News!

the impunity of those who act in such malicious ways as to hide the truth, lies in there being vital evidence to veil in the first place. No one has authority, here or in the US to admit these objects being crafts outside of our ability to contain. The fact these things can willy nilly jump into and outside of our national secure airspace is nothing but an embarrasment of our governments and one that high ranking officials are ''soberly concerned about,'' one general once mentioned. (General Keyhoe)

So I hope you can see why I take it seriously when someone says they observe flying saucers (even over the scientology headquarters...) It is because it is actually not unreal that the objects exist. They actually do exist and the fact they have been observed again really requires an amount of considerable attention, not faith. Anyone not educated in the UFO phenomenon can easily dismiss the existence of UFO's down to ''conventional'' explanations... but I am not ready to dismiss to existence of UFO's based on an incomplete detail of events.

Yes I know your opinion and the opinion you voice of Nick Pope, but as I have explained to you and the other readers this is because you both know Jack Squat about kites. Moreover you -if not Nick- give every indication you have neither the ability and/or inclination to learn about kites. Fear not, because every time you give me opportunity or cause I will remind you of the merit of your opinion on this incident.

Well my old friend of past alien & UFO'ish discourses, I could say that you saying you won't provoke me is itself provocative. :jab: :rotfl:

Still, I see no reason to ridicule you here for a little gentle barbing. I love you like a brother I don't know and/or may not have. Let's dance it out. :alien_dance: :alien_dance:

Fear not, I can see a way that I could ridicule you here legitimately and most loquaciously! :idea: Remember you are under Oath, but if you lie no one will know so that's OK. Moontanman, on a scale of 1 to 13, 1 being no-chance-in-hell and 13 being positively-without-doubt, rank your confidence in my claim that as I described, a pair of kites looking like white circles above could be flown to 1300 feet by means available for over a century. [improvement in materials employed notwithstanding.]

Mind you that any answer other than 13 will be subject to inquiry, scrutiny, condescension, condensation, and other such means and manners of quibbleage as I see fit to employ. :oh_really:

:earth:

:turtle:

:turtle: :turtle:

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

This particular sighting rates a 1 it has no characteristics that lead me to see anything but kites or balloons or something similar. How ever there are many sightings that qualify higher than 10 and a few that hit 12.999999.

If we want to discuss the UFO phenomena itself we should start another thread, mixing and matching is confusing to our readers turtle old friend...

Ooops, I misread your scale under your conditions this sighting would be a 13.

Edited by Moontanman

And don't even get me started on how many pilots working for the Military have in fact lost there lives trying to intercept these objects

To the best of my knowledge, there has only been one UFO pursuit-related fatality, the 7 Jan 1948 Mantell UFO incident. This list of UFO sightings describes several reported human and animal deaths related to 139 UFO sightings, but only one pilot.

:QuestionM: Do you have a source documenting other pilots killed pursuing or attempting to intercept UFOs, Aethelwulf?

Especially during the Cold War era, plenty documented cases... here is a nice story...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/10/22/us-britain-ufo-idUSTRE49L53Z20081022

The article you cite is not about a pilot killed pursuing or attempting to intercepting a UFO. It is about the 20 May 1957 Milton Torres UFO encounter, in which 2 fighters were vectored toward a radar contact with orders to fire anti-bomber missiles at it, but lost radar contact before they could.

To the best of my knowledge, there has only been one UFO pursuit-related fatality, the 7 Jan 1948 Mantell UFO incident. This list of UFO sightings describes several reported human and animal deaths related to 139 UFO sightings, but only one pilot.

:QuestionM: Do you have a source documenting other pilots killed pursuing or attempting to intercept UFOs, Aethelwulf?

The article you cite is not about a pilot killed pursuing or attempting to intercepting a UFO. It is about the 20 May 1957 Milton Torres UFO encounter, in which 2 fighters were vectored toward a radar contact with orders to fire anti-bomber missiles at it, but lost radar contact before they could.

(Bolded)

Oh yes I know... I never said it was :) I just said it was a nice story.

But if you want some cases I'd be more than happy to gather a few for you.

Here are some... I know there are more cases outside of the US.

You where good enough to mention the Mantell incident, so let's ignore that one.

Another well-known case is documented - Frederick Valentich who myseriously vanished over the Bass straight on the same night as reporting a UFO tracking his ship.

Felix Moncla, Jr. was a United States Air Force pilot who disappeared with 2nd Lt. Robert Wilson while pursuing an unidentified flying object over Lake Superior in 1953. The air force said it was nothing but a misidentified Canadian air force plane but the Canadian authorities refuted this claim.

Here is another one I had forgotten about... an aerial phenomenon involving soldiers in a helicopter.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/coyne.html

Sorry, I meant to say no one disappears in this account, but it is such a good story I needed to recall it here.

It disappoints me when I make an effort to reply to questions concerning this topic... and no one answers.

If you have second thoughts there might be more to the phenomenon than what you first believed, then just get it off your chest. But the silence of people tells a totally different story.

See it from my point of view and people like myself, who have been proclaiming the existence of these objects for many years. Many of us do so with good reason and often we meet others (like a few who have participated in this thread) who would rather make a mockery of the subject than actually take an ounce of it in the slight part serious.

I actually don't know what to say to certain people concerning the subject. I've tried to explain, this matter has actually been taken of the highest seriousness within our governments, that people have actually died chasing the objects, experienced pilots no less. Experienced officials soberly concerned about the subject. Not only concerned, but have been using your taxes for many years investigating UFO's and then informing the public through official reports that there is no danger behind their presence. And yet when you study the nature of them, you begin to realize outside the official reports, there is no evidence to suggest they are not harmful or malevolent. Yet what are we still stuck on inside the public eye... we are still questioning whether the objects are actually real or whether our own government has something to do behind their existences? I bet some of them actually do have an origin from our own countries forces but when you trace the objects back to early aviation capabilities you find massive holes concerning our technological capacity.

And how many officials does take to make someone believe there is more to what we are being told?

It's not one of those ''fitting the light bulb jokes'' it is a real question... because no matter how many of these officials come forward and admit the existence of them, we are still a blind nation.

I began to think perhaps it was just disingenuous of some posters here... that maybe they had some personal egotistical agenda that they couldn't finally admit they could have either been misinformed about UFO's?

I think it is deeper than that now. I think it is a lack of intelligence. Intelligence not only on personal levels but also the intelligence required to believe the testimony that is now on your laps. I cannot tell you anything more sensational than the solid evidence I have provided and don't mistake me... the evidence is quite solid, a lot of the evidence coming from your own government.

you can continue to keep your head in the sand, but... at you own risk.

In fact one particular pilot had their photographic evidence confiscated and never to resurface again. On May 11, 1962 NASA pilot Joseph Walker said that one of his tasks was to detect UFOs during his X-15 flights - the same test aircraft which paved the way for modern aircraft for astronauts. He had filmed five or six UFOs which where analysed and never seen again.

It is difficult to discredit people such as Edgar Mitchell, there are a great many reports/sightings that have to be twisted very badly to get them to fit the official paradigm. We are not talking about some person who sees aliens every time an airliner goes over head at night or who passes out in his pickup truck and reports an anal probe the next day.

Not all sightings are significant, some are obviously misidentified known objects, some are hoaxes and some simply don't have enough information to be sure what they were.

But there are a significant number of sightings with an embarrassing amount data, multiple independent witnesses, sometimes even multiple independent radars as well, one sighting in Iran was seen on both radar and US military satellites and seen several more times across the mediterranean area all with in minutes or hours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

Turtle has the right to question anything just like anyone else here, I was just poking him a little bit, but it is true that in many cases the idea that one or most sightings are not real has been used to denigrate other sightings. The Coyne incident was claimed to be a slow moving meter by one professional sceptic another described as a comet, another swamp gas. Even the led debunker hired by the USAF eventually changed his mind and asserted the phenomena was real and no terrestrial explanation fit the facts...

Pelicanism is alive and well...