Science Forums

Major Ufo Sighting Causing Big News!

It's actually not a surprise a pilot has said they look toy-like. There might be a number of reasons for this, one of the first reasons that springs to mind is reserving your answer so that if a conventional explanation manages to surface or that someone comes forward and say's ''here I can tell you what they are,'' they won't look like prats and being incapable ''trained'' observers.

What does toy-like even mean... we don't even know what context it was used in, what evidence there was at the time to say they were toys. Outside of their own speculation, there is no evidence it was a toy. Only that it appeared that way. Many cars today look like overblown toys, should we imagine they are kites too?

Given that the pilots are, well, pilots and so something of experts in aviation and flight mechanics, I'd say their description outstands any hindsight and/or armchair speculation.

Shame on you aliens stirring up us pitiful humans with your chicanery!!! :alienhead: :whip-new:

Given that the pilots are, well, pilots and so something of experts in aviation and flight mechanics, I'd say their description outstands any hindsight and/or armchair speculation.

Shame on you aliens stirring up us pitiful humans with your chicanery!!! :alienhead: :whip-new:

Right ... and they also said they looked metallic and saucer shaped... the only shred of ''evidence'' you have to support the kite explanation is on the whim of a belief they looked toy-like. You can't explain to me, or provide me evidence so-far of stable stationary kite formations (and one kite won't do, I want to see at least two doing the same things) to the six objects seen on radar. Then explaining how the kites dramatically disappeared without radar detecting their altitudes descend.

Sure, toys are the simple answer. Doesn't tie up all the loose ends I am afraid.

Edited by Aethelwulf

Right ... and they also said they looked metallic and saucer shaped... the only shred of ''evidence'' you have to support the kite explanation is on the whim of a belief they looked toy-like. You can't explain to me, or provide me evidence so-far of stable stationary kite formations (and one kite won't do, I want to see at least two doing the same things) to the six objects seen on radar. Then explaining how the kites dramatically disappeared without radar detecting their altitudes descend.

Sure, toys are the simple answer. Doesn't tie up all the loose ends I am afraid.

:lol: You're some piece of work. Saucer shaped kites are plentiful as Rade alluded to with his link in post # 5 . Here's just one pic. Mylar makes excellent kites.

Anything in the air that returns a radar signal will go off the radar if it drops below the radar's horizon. Now you see it, now you don't.

Since you're so handy at finding video of kites in flight, find your own of stable flight with your grandly open mind. :P

:lol: You're some piece of work. Saucer shaped kites are plentiful as Rade alluded to with his link in post # 5 . Here's just one pic. Mylar makes excellent kites.

Anything in the air that returns a radar signal will go off the radar if it drops below the radar's horizon. Now you see it, now you don't.

Since you're so handy at finding video of kites in flight, find your own of stable flight with your grandly open mind. :P

That picture tells me nothing about how stationary a kite would appear at high altitude.

A question... do you know at what altitude radar drops off at?

That picture tells me nothing about how stationary a kite would appear at high altitude.

A question... do you know at what altitude radar drops off at?

Seems no one can tell you anything. The radar at PDX across the river is good down to about 2500 feet as I recall from monitoring their tower. I'm sure every airport has some variance depending on the terrain.

Something is loose a'right, but I think it's screws and not ends. :crazy:

I really pity you. You clearly dismiss this event and then make fun of alien visitation. You either have a really bad idea of the ufo history or you are basing all ufo's as nonsense because you have made up your mind on this event.

Edited by Aethelwulf

Seems no one can tell you anything. The radar at PDX across the river is good down to about 2500 feet as I recall from monitoring their tower. I'm sure every airport has some variance depending on the terrain.

Tell me? I am asking for evidence... you have provided nothing but statements that Kites do remain stationary in the air, which personally I think is a load of nonsense, especially when situated hundreds of feet into the air.

2500 feet is inflated. You need to travel much lower than this but of course, you are right in that this depends on your terrain.

Edited by Aethelwulf

... or provide me evidence so-far of stable stationary kite formations (and one kite won't do, I want to see at least two doing the same things) to the six objects seen on radar. Then explaining how the kites dramatically disappeared without radar detecting their altitudes descend.

These aren't the quad-line controllable kites I mentioned earlier, but the video meets your "I want to see at least two doing the same things)" criteria. I count around 40 kites here. They can do the same thing at higher altitudes, but then people on the ground can't see them as well so they don't fly higher. Search YouTube for "stunt kites" or "kite formation fluying" or some such similar terms. This is a highly competitive sport with hundreds of enthusiasts worldwide, inspite of your fear and ignorance.

These aren't the quad-line controllable kites I mentioned earlier, but the video meets your "I want to see at least two doing the same things)" criteria. I count around 40 kites here. They can do the same thing at higher altitudes, but then people on the ground can't see them as well so they don't fly higher. Search YouTube for "stunt kites" or "kite formation fluying" or some such similar terms. This is a highly competitive sport with hundreds of enthusiasts worldwide, inspite of your fear and ignorance.

Are you kidding me?

They are all moving relative to each other, nothing appears stationary about them. They are visibly wobbling about all over their positions.

I really pity you. You clearly dismiss this event and then make fun of alien visitation. You either have a really bad idea of the ufo history or you are basing all ufo's as nonsense because you have made up your mind on this event.

I'm touched by your caring for my welfare. How 'bought a big fat kiss? :kiss:

Tell me? I am asking for evidence... you have provided nothing but statements that Kites do remain stationary in the air, which personally I think is a load of nonsense, especially when situated hundreds of feet into the air.

2500 feet is inflated. You need to travel much lower than this but of course, you are right in that this depends on your terrain.

Inflated? I have heard the controllers @ PDX refer to the 2500 as their radar ceiling. It is what it is.

'

Inflated? I have heard the controllers @ PDX refer to the 2500 as their radar ceiling. It is what it is.

I don't know who PDX is, but I am quite sure radar systems can pick up on an object at least 500 feet into the air. Maybe even less. Of course, depends on the terrain again so there is no set figure in every circumstance.

Are you kidding me?

They are all moving relative to each other, nothing appears stationary about them. They are visibly wobbling about all over their positions.

:rotfl: I'm not illustrating stable high-altitude flight here, only more than 2 kites doing the same thing. As I say, it's a competative sport and the best synchronized teams score the highest points.

Rather than continue to argue your belief with me, why don't you seek out one of these teams and ask them if they can meet some of your specific criteria for height, synchronicity, and movement?

I don't know who PDX is, but I am quite sure radar systems can pick up on an object at least 500 feet into the air. Maybe even less. Of course, depends on the terrain again so there is no set figure in every circumstance.

PDX=Portland International Airport in Portland Oregon. Again, I have personally heard the controllers there refer to their 2500 foot radar horizon. I often tune in on my multi-band radio and listen in for fun. If you choose to not accept that, well, I guess you should call them yourself and ask as that should settle the matter.

Edited by Turtle

:rotfl: I'm not illustrating stable high-altitude flight here, only more than 2 kites doing the same thing. As I say, it's a competative sport and the best synchronized teams score the highest points.

Rather than continue to argue your belief with me, why don't you seek out one of these teams and ask them if they can meet some of your specific criteria for height, synchronicity, and movement?

None of them remain stationary for arduous amounts of time! Some appear less perturbed than others, but they are still moving all relative to each other.

PDX=Portland International Airport in Portland Oregon. Again, I have personally heard the controllers there refer to their 2500 foot radar horizon. I often tune in on my multi-band radio and listen in for fun. If you choose to not accept that, well, I guess you should call them yourself and ask as that should settle the matter.

I am about to get in touch with a friend who will know how high radar drops off. They worked for the Ministry of Defense. I will get back to you when I am given an answer.

Over and out.

None of them remain stationary for arduous amounts of time! Some appear less perturbed than others, but they are still moving all relative to each other.

Kites exhibit "arduous" flight? Really?? Just what amount of time exactly do you have in mind? The movements of each performance are uniquely choreographed. If they want the kites to move together, that's what the pilots do.