Science Forums

Hemorrhoids

CraigD

Moderation note: the first 3 posts of this thread were moved from the thread What Is The Best Treatment Of Cancer?, because they discuss a condition other than this thread's topic, cancer.

I would like to know if piles are also type of cancer? and can they be treated apart from being operated? and if someone has got piles, is there any possibility that that person maybe having other problems attached to it?

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are not a type of cancerous tumor. They are swollen, often inflamed cases of normal blood vessel-rich structures found around the anus.

Although itchy and painful, hemorrhoids are essentially harmless, unless they bleed excessively, or cause excessive anal incontinence (leakage). They can be effectively treated in many ways, from folk and over-the counter medicines to surgery.

Edited by CraigD
Fixed broken link

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are not a type of cancerous tumor. They are swollen, often inflamed cases of normal blood vessel-rich structures found around the anus.

Although itchy and painful, hemorrhoids are essentially harmless, unless they bleed excessively, or cause excessive anal incontinence (leakage). They can be effectively treated in many ways, from folk and over-the counter medicines to surgery.

but what makes to see something looks like mucus coming out the anus? sometimes can be seen in the stool. certain medical practitioners don't tell the exact problems but to give medication of which doesn't help.

but what makes to see something looks like mucus coming out the anus? sometimes can be seen in the stool.

If it looks like mucus, it likely is mucus. The lining of the rectum and various glands near its anus could be producing it.

It's also possibly that inflamed hemorrhoids are secreting pus, which consists of dead cells

certain medical practitioners don't tell the exact problems but to give medication of which doesn't help.

Doctors, nurses, and other medical clinicians should make every effort to help the patient understand his condition and its treatment. Unfortunately, many don't.

As a patient, you can learn more than your practitioner volunteers by asking questions. Most people are trained to be polite and undemanding in situations such as speaking with medical staff, but getting information is more important than being polite in a situation where you're not getting important medical information, so if your clinician isn't volunteering the information, ask, as many times as needed to get a satisfactory answer.

Inflamed Hemorrhoids are usually a chronic condition, manageable but rarely completely curable. The main thing you can do to control them without medicine of medical treatment is eat foods containing lots of dietary fiber, and drink plenty of water, so that your stools (feces, ****) are soft and of normal size and frequency. The physiological purpose of the purpose hemorrhoid tissue is controlling defecation (shitting), so the easier you can make this task, the less stressed and likely to become inflamed your hemorrhoids will be.

• 5 months later...

I worked with a guy that had his hemorrhoids removed with a laser treatment. The doctors only used a local on him so he was awake during the procedure. He said he could feel what was going on but did not suffer any pain. I asked him what the worst part of the procedure was for him and he said the smell of his own burning flesh. I think that might weird me out a bit too. These question took place 3 years after the procedure and he said the hemorrhoids had not returned.

For what it's worth, the picture I get in my head thinking about this procedure is not a pleasant one. You have to be on all fours on a table with your bear *** up in the air, with doctors aiming a laser at your *** burning those buggers off. Before I'd do that they would really have to be bothering me a great deal. :o

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize they used laser surgery to remove them now and I'm guessing it's only external hemorrhoids.  Do they still do the internal hemorrhoids with conventional surgery?  I've had hemorrhoids but never severe enough for removal.

Edited by Mars1

I think excessive is the keyword here. Ask any female that has had kids and we will be more than willing to share with you. When it becomes a serious issue your doctor should be discussing it with you, any doctor I have ever met would not just treat it and tell you nothing.

I suffer from this condition occasionally, although one time it was so bad I could barely walk. I went to a clinic, they gave me a shot of a painkiller and anti-bacteria creams and that did the trick. This was the worst health experience of my life and I would suggest to anyone that suffers from this not to mess around with home treatments and just go to your local clinic and get what I like to call "the magic cream". It really works. The stuff they sell over the counter does not do the job.