Science Forums

High Performance Double Pendulum

Guest Aemilius

Hey VoiceinTheWilderness....

VoiceinTheWilderness "What, if I may ask, is the gravity of your current situation?"

If you're talking about stage three of the analysis, I'm working on it as time permits.... Maybe another week or so. Is that what you meant?

Emile

Edited by Aemilius

Yes. Just curious is all. Wondering if you are at all familiar with the works of Finsrud and Milkovic?

Also, does it seem obvious to you that if one were 'cagey' enough, one might steal bits of energy from the following simple 'double pendulum' in order to put it back to 'square one', so to speak?

Peace,

VW

Guest Aemilius

Hey VoiceInTheWilderness....

VoiceInTheWilderness "....does it seem obvious to you that if one were 'cagey' enough, one might steal bits of energy from the following simple 'double pendulum' in order to put it back to 'square one', so to speak?"

Pretty cool video.... but honestly? No, I don't. I'm suspicious of all videos. I have more than a little experience with pendulums, and the way it moves at several different points during the video intuitively causes me to think it's bogus.... I'd need to see some kind of schematic analysis similar to what I'm putting together here to evaluate it logically. If you do decide to post such an analysis, I hope you'll consider doing so by starting a new thread so that I can maintain the continuity of this one, that way people won't get my idea confused with perpetual motion schemes.

Emile

Edited by Aemilius