Science Forums

A Possible Reason For Layers On The Crust Of The Earth

belovelife

my last post here was deleted because i used the word "prick" to clarify the thread author's reason for posting this drivel to our board. never mind that besides a euphemism for penis, a prick [in my day] means an instigator or their instigations. never mind i actually contribute legitimate content. never mind that i have the interests of a successful board at the top of my list. never mind other legitimate posters are tired of seeing this kind of bullshit on our board (when you can see such posts past the spam.) never mind the lack of content is as plain as the nose on your face. never mind the staff is more interested in some misguided effort to not appear authoritive. never mind that the way to shut up my complaints is to give me nothing to complain about. good grief people.

maybe the crust layers of earth are from the trolls stacking up the dirt and the **** from the tunnels they dig to live in.

Edited by Turtle

my last post here was deleted because i used the word "prick" to clarify the thread author's reason for posting this drivel to our board. never mind that besides a euphemism for penis, a prick [in my day] means an instigator or their instigations. never mind i actually contribute legitimate content. never mind that i have the interests of a successful board at the top of my list. never mind other legitimate posters are tired of seeing this kind of bullshit on our board (when you can see such posts past the spam.) never mind the lack of content is as plain as the nose on your face. never mind the staff is more interested in some misguided effort to not appear authoritive. never mind that the way to shut up my complaints is to give me nothing to complain about. good grief people.

maybe the crust layers of earth are from the trolls stacking up the dirt and the **** from the tunnels they dig to live in.

Now turtle, you know it's ok to prick your finger but can never ever finger your prick...

then explain to me layers in the earths crust that are not sedementary

given your past treatment of peoples' efforts to explain a thing to you, i have no intention of explaining anything to you beyond the stupid, time-wasting, ignorant, prickish nature and content of your posts here.

Now turtle, you know it's ok to prick your finger but can never ever finger your prick...

i am doing neither. i'm giving a prick the finger.

Which ones, the metamorphic or igneous layers?

and the diverse composition ,

say we recorded samples all across a tectonic plate

the composition of the plate on one side of the world, at a specific depth

might be the same on the other

igneous layers of course

or should i say, the layering may be consistant with unique veins

where the same type of layer may be at different depths, but the layering happened at the same time

Edited by belovelife

I'm not opposed to this idea. It's worth looking into. It is an idea that has been at the back of my mind, but the physics of the sediments are too hard for me to work out, so I never bothered with it. And like some of the other posters, I had doubts about it.

So I give this thread a maybe.

Edited by Pincho Paxton

• 3 weeks later...

anyway, if the layers of silicate are lighter than the layers of molten metals, then the slicates would float to the top, even though they have less viscosity

then as the weight of the earth crumbles or pulverises the silicate as it moves to the surface, thats why we have high silicate content in the layers on the planet

with of course some doped silicates with other materials

then explain to me layers in the earths crust that are not sedementary

Excellent explanations are available in popular science books, internet sites, television documentaries, undergraduate and post-graduate textbooks, and research papers, You have access to all of these.

If you are interested in how these differences arose why have you not invested the time in exploring at least a few of these resources? If you have done so and found the explanations unclear, then come here and ask for clarification. If you found the explanations unsatisfactory then come here and outline your concerns. But please don't pollute the site with unimaginative waffle, whose scientific content is less than zero.

To answer your question in the briefest of ways here is a summary.

Molten rock produced by partial melting of the mantle, or of subducting plates, or of deeply buried continental crust moves through the crust, either crystalising at depth as dykes or plutons, or erupting at the surface as lava or pyroclastics. Any rock type (sedimentary, igneous or metamorphic) exposed to sufficiently high temperatures and/or pressures will undergo major structural and mineralogical changes becoming a metamorphic rock. Such pressures and temperatures can be induced in a variety of ways including burial and exposure to igneous intrusions.

The complexity of plate interactions, isostatic adjustments, erosional cycles and mechanisms, prior history, mantle chemistry and physics, etc mean that the resultant crust is a melange of rock types and structures.

If you require any deeper explanation for any part of this then ask some specific questions. Do not post any further nonsense till you have demonstrated, through questioning or exposition, that you have a reasonable understanding of current theory. To ensure there is no doubt, the portions of this post in red are me speaking as a moderator. The rest is me speaking as a member.

i understand subduction and abduction

earthquakes

melting mantle etc

what i am saying,

if the core of the planet is going through atomic decay

then it is this atomic decay that keeps our outer layer of the core molten

because of this

there may be points similar to sunspots, that have "coronal mass ejectiion of the core of the planet"

which would periodically give elements to the mix

any constant version of this, could define the differences in the composition of the layers of the planet,

where the layers we have and have studied are mainly sedamentary layers

if we look at the birth of our planet and a molten mass that eventiually cooled and formed a shell

then as the core spinning at a different rate than the surface,

and having multiple potential mass ejection spots

may give reason for the layers of the crust that are not sedimentary

anyway, when you are working glass, and you get an air bubble in the glass,

and you stretch the glass as it cools, you get a vein of air

you can also do this with metals, i've done it with gold myself

just a visualization of processes going on in the magma chamber

also, what happens when a bubble of material gets pushed into the glass layer?

probably aluminum and stuff,

so if that layer cools, pulverises, and becomes a solid layer

then we get cool doped versions of sand