Science Forums

Virus warning, blank screens, etc

Aethelwulf

Haven't recieved and warnings but was having issues navigating the site.<br style="color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Firefox! Wow, there are still people using that bloated buggy POS of a browser! <br style="color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Believe me it hurt a bit to say that, having used it it's introduction (Seamonkey before that) and finally said my farewells to FF only recently due to it's increasing instability...It was really a lovely little browser back in the day... light, fast, secure everything one could want from a browser....so sad they have turned it to pure crap.<br style="color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(8, 8, 8); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Norton.......eh....I'll leave that one alone....but I will say I'll never use it again.

lets try again.

Haven't recieved and warnings but was having issues navigating the site.

Firefox! Wow, there are still people using that bloated buggy POS of a browser!

Believe me it hurt a bit to say that, having used it it's introduction (Seamonkey before that) and finally said my farewells to FF only recently due to it's increasing instability...It was really a lovely little browser back in the day... light, fast, secure everything one could want from a browser....so sad they have turned it to pure crap.

Norton.......eh....I'll leave that one alone....but I will say I'll never use it again.

Another email notification post I can't find.

DFINITLYDISTRUBD has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "The Great Spam Storm Of 13-14 July 2012".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a feelin the mods are trying to service the site to remedy the spam issue.

Firefox! Wow, there are still people using that bloated buggy POS of a browser!

Believe me it hurt a bit to say that, having finally said my farewells to FF recently due to it's increasing instability...It was really a lovely little browser back in the day... light, fast, secure everything one could want from a browser....so sad they have turned it to pure crap.http://scienceforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Norton.......eh....I'll leave that one alone....but I will say I'll never use it again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here:

http://scienceforums.com/index.php?showtopic=26202&view=getnewpost

However I did try Internet Explorer 9, with the same result. As to Norton, I have had problems with them in the past about 20 years ago. But the current version came with my system and has been doing a very good job for the last 2 years for me. Also, I have 3 installed browsers that I can use and I usually have both FF and IE active at all times. But for the forums I like FF the best.

I got the following notification email yesterday about 9:30 pm, but cannot find it in this topic for some reason.

It is reply #9, above.

Everyone should be getting alerts from their browsers. The alerts are caused by our site getting blacklisted due to malware. I have been unable to clean out the server yet, but scans are being run and I hope we are closing in on the problem. Bear with us.

Please keep reporting reports and anything else which might help us track down the problem.

dang, now mine is showing the Norton screen also, i wonder if you can make a antivirus that goes on the computer in the same fashion that this virus does, so all i have to do is cruse to this website to get rid of the darn virus

I wouldn't necessarily call it a virus as Norton called it an intrusion attempt. Probably a nasty bot of some kind or more than one as we got slightly different messages.