Science Forums

Black Hole Is A Requirement For Life ?

maddog

The uniqueness is proven by Einstein's equations. They are present in the equation.

Space and time are destroyed by the singularity. No longer exist, right?

The photons disappear with the disappearance of space time. No space time, no matter present. Apparent mass and rotation only.

The uniqueness is proven by Einstein's equations. They are present in the equation.

Space and time are destroyed by the singularity. No longer exist, right?

The photons disappear with the disappearance of space time. No space time, no matter present. Apparent mass and rotation only.

Again, no, there is both space and time inside the event horizon of a black hole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

No, it is not known what is at the center of a black hole, our understanding of the center breaks down before the singularity is reached. The idea of a singularity is an abstract that probably does not and cannot exist.

no, there is space and time inside a black hole's event horizon.

That's a very definite statement, for an area of space that we have very little information about. In the world of relativity what would an observer on the inside of an event horizon say about spacetime?

That's a very definite statement, for an area of space that we have very little information about. In the world of relativity what would an observer on the inside of an event horizon say about spacetime?

The fact that we can say "inside a black hole's event horizon" indicates there is space there and time. only at the singularity would time and space stop and the most recent idea on this is that the singularity doesn't really exist.

From the point of view of an observer inside a black hole the universe would be blue shifted, I'm not sure if it would appear to be concentrated into a small area or not.

Yes, given the event horizon into the black hole properties from our point of view. Rotation and mass can be inferred. But not inside the black hole.

A black hole takes up space, it has an event horizon, beyond that nothing can escape but both time and space do exist there but in an extreme form. If the black hole was big enough you wouldn't even notice crossing the vent horizon.

Inside black hole is white, not blue because universe entirely flow at same time from event horizon. Infinite gravitational redshift is happening.

That is an interesting assertion, i would be willing to go with that but the idea was how the universe would look to an observer inside the black hole not what the inside of a black hole would look like.

Yes, given the event horizon into the black hole properties from our point of view. Rotation and mass can be inferred. But not inside the black hole.

Actually I think BH's are just very highly compressed matter. The more gravity the higher the compression. As matter compresses we have a pretty good idea what's happening in neutron stars, but as the process of compression continues, neutrons degenerate into quarks. This appears to be the transition point to becoming a BH, also at this point we don't know what quarks can compress down into as we have no knowledge of any smaller components that quarks might contain. Personally I do believe quarks are composed of smaller components, however, if new information to the contrary is found I can accept that.

Actually I think BH's are just very highly compressed matter. The more gravity the higher the compression. As matter compresses we have a pretty good idea what's happening in neutron stars, but as the process of compression continues, neutrons degenerate into quarks. This appears to be the transition point to becoming a BH, also at this point we don't know what quarks can compress down into as we have no knowledge of any smaller components that quarks might contain. Personally I do believe quarks are composed of smaller components, however, if new information to the contrary is found I can accept that.

I think you are probably closer to the truth than the idea of a singularity but this is off topic to the OT.