Science Forums

Aliens And Ufo Discussions

Aethelwulf

I'm not going to lie and say the Phoenix lights don't intrigue me but the illusion of flares and how it works on the mind has been demonstrated, the films and pictures made only show lights, not a solid object. Eye witness reports are varied, one man I remember very well said the object was shaped more less like a B-2 bomber but it was so big all our B-2 bombers could have landed on it. others say it was only a football field or so big, others said it was multiple objects.

it's really hard to make a cognizant evaluation on the evidence given. If it was real then it implies some very disturbing things I wouldn't want to assert with out much more evidence...

I'm not going to lie and say the Phoenix lights don't intrigue me but the illusion of flares and how it works on the mind has been demonstrated, the films and pictures made only show lights, not a solid object. Eye witness reports are varied, one man I remember very well said the object was shaped more less like a B-2 bomber but it was so big all our B-2 bombers could have landed on it. others say it was only a football field or so big, others said it was multiple objects.

it's really hard to make a cognizant evaluation on the evidence given. If it was real then it implies some very disturbing things I wouldn't want to assert with out much more evidence...

Except the reported scale of this object was much much larger than anything in the air we fly today, a B-2 bomber or not. This thing... was like the distance of football yards. You can't ignore evidence like this. It is easy to dress things up as we like and by doing so, makes us no better than your common skeptic.

Except the reported scale of this object was much much larger than anything in the air we fly today, a B-2 bomber or not. This thing... was like the distance of football yards. You can't ignore evidence like this. It is easy to dress things up as we like and by doing so, makes us no better than your common skeptic.

As I stated before I am attempting to take the role of skeptic in this thread. As a skeptic the Phoenix Lights simply do not have enough hard evidence to convince me. My reality meter is very low on this one, I would say a 2.5 at best out of a possible 10, the Tehran sighting is a solid 9 for comparison... If videos had been taken that confirmed there was an object or if local radar had detected it would rate higher...

Depends what kind of skeptic's role you plan to be. Certain skeptics for instance, ignore all the evidence off-hand that these objects seen aren't even real.

Consider the evidence.. we are not talking about a ''few'' observers here. We are talking about witnesses all over the state, (including the Governer of Pheonix) testifying to the reality of this object; now you may even apply the laws of reasoning here - either all these people are lying (I'd make a safe bet you have over a hundred witnesses) or that they all imagined what they saw and we are being deceived Or they actually saw what they did.

This objects corporeality was observed, as it blocked out the night skies stars as it passed overhead. The reality of the size of this object cannot be mistaken as a B-2 bomber if the size is taken into account. Be a skeptic by all means, just don't be a stupid one.

(forgive me, I am not calling you stupid) - you yourself have already admitted how stupid skeptics can be at times with their ''explanations.''

Edited by Aethelwulf

Depends what kind of skeptic's role you plan to be. Certain skeptics for instance, ignore all the evidence off-hand that these objects seen aren't even real.

Consider the evidence.. we are not talking about a ''few'' observers here. We are talking about witnesses all over the state, (including the Governer of Pheonix) testifying to the reality of this object; now you may even apply the laws of reasoning here - either all these people are lying (I'd make a safe bet you have over a hundred witnesses) or that they all imagined what they saw and we are being deceived Or they actually saw what they did.

This objects corporeality was observed, as it blocked out the night skies stars as it passed overhead. The reality of the size of this object cannot be mistaken as a B-2 bomber if the size is taken into account. Be a skeptic by all means, just don't be a stupid one.

(forgive me, I am not calling you stupid) - you yourself have already admitted how stupid skeptics can be at times with their ''explanations.''

I have no explanation of that sighting but I feel that if i did have more information i could justify either assigning it a higher probability or explain it as something conventional but right now all we have is conflicting accounts and vague videos...

Hi moon. Well, you may not have an explanation, but certainly the military claim to have one! Out of all these witnesses, it is hard to ignore. Testimony from a few people can be easily ignored, but when you have perhaps over a hundred people testifying to the same phenomenon, then it is not so easy. God bless mass sightings, is what I say.

Hi moon. Well, you may not have an explanation, but certainly the military claim to have one! Out of all these witnesses, it is hard to ignore. Testimony from a few people can be easily ignored, but when you have perhaps over a hundred people testifying to the same phenomenon, then it is not so easy. God bless mass sightings, is what I say.

You do make a good point but the eyewitnesses did not see the same thing, and the explanation is better than the idea of everyone seeing something different. mass sightings are good, radar or some other mechanical sensor is better....

if we consider (for arguments sake) that the withholding of military information about UFOs is part of a giant cover up for whatever reasons, then a lack of radar or satellite data isn't so surprising. the fact that it wasn't picked up by amateur, and therefore impartial, astronomers or stargazers isn't so surprising either. during its approach it would have covered only a miniscule part of the sky, and during its 'maneouvers' it would have been too low.

just my two pence worth...

The cover up by the US military was real and while that doesn't prove that UFO's are real it is suspicious but the Phoenix lights were almost certainly military flares...

http://home.comcast.net/~tprinty/UFO/azflares.htm

I disagree strongly, considering the flares where deployed about an hour after the main event was witnessed. In other words, the evidence that the people of Pheonix saw flares, doesn't fit the bill.

Hello moon, I am watching your video right now. Little of these sightings are new to me however, but I do enjoy documentaries like the ones you have posted so far. Let us a discuss a more controversial area of the UFO phenomenon - alien implants.

I am extremely skeptical about abduction cases as it is, however, Doctor Roger Leir, a pediatric surgeon claims that he has taken at least 8 unknown objects from patients who have claimed to have been abducted. Further more, one of these objects where actually made from a rare type of meteorite which, according to this documentary, has only been seen once or twice on Earth, tantalizing type of physical evidence? No?

Edited by Aethelwulf

Hello moon, I am watching your video right now. Little of these sightings are new to me however, but I do enjoy documentaries like the ones you have posted so far. Let us a discuss a more controversial area of the UFO phenomenon - alien implants.

I am extremely skeptical about abduction cases as it is, however, Doctor Roger Leir, a pediatric surgeon claims that he has taken at least 8 unknown objects from patients who have claimed to have been abducted. Further more, one of these objects where actually made from a rare type of meteorite which, according to this documentary, has only been seen once or twice on Earth, tantalizing type of physical evidence? No?

I'm not sue that i am willing to go that far away from the main phenomena, abductions and such are impossible to confirm with any data what so ever and smack of delusions at best. just saying the objects are made of elements that do not occur on the earth is horse feathers, all naturally occurring elements are found on the earth, it is interesting they never identify these elements...

Oh I should have also explained, it was found that the implant was somehow ''connected'' the nerve endings of the patient.

What is it's role?

This is not unusual, if something gets inserted into the body deep enough it will indeed be surrounded by tissue.

Also, it was determined the object had an ''unknown'' element make up, classifying it as an extraterrestrial object.

Not from this Earth.

No they did not say this, they said it was similar to meteorites and not knowing what it is doesn't mean it is extra terrestrial...