Science Forums

Aliens And Ufo Discussions

Aethelwulf

In fact, I would tend to waver towards that explanation itself. Dare I say, could aliens have had a role in the evolution of mankind? There is what is called junk DNA, stuff inside which seemed to have prominent meaning in our biology. If aliens have homosapian-like biology, then maybe they have had a hand in our creation.

Highly speculative though I must admit. But this junk DNA is very alien to us. Heck, I don't want anyone to take that too seriously though, but certainly, there is definitely a strong reason to think they have been here a very long time.

I did actually choose one, but hey ho. I don't mind starting with the Tehran Incident. Let's discuss it.

One of the things about it was the official story, the planet Venus? So many of these sightings are explained away by asserting silly stuff that makes no sense and makes the persons involved look stupid.

The desperation of the military of the time to ridicule anything to do with UFOs often results in explanations that are just stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident

Skeptical explanation and analysis

In his book UFOs: The Public Deceived, journalist Philip J. Klass claimed the witnesses initially saw an astronomical body, probably Jupiter, and pilot incompetence and equipment malfunction accounted for the rest.

The bright object was first noticed by witnesses in Shemiran, the northernmost district of Tehran. One of the witnesses in the northeastern part of Tehran was Gen. Yousefi himself, who ordered the jet interceptions. The jets were scrambled from Shahrokhi AFB in Hamadan, about 175 miles (282 km) west-southwest of Tehran, and vectored to a point 40 miles (64 km) north of central Tehran. However, Jupiter was in the east. Thus the UFO was approximately 90 degrees away from Jupiter at the time. In addition, the second F-4 chased the UFO from northern to southern Tehran. Again, Jupiter would be at nearly 90 degrees to the pursuit trajectory.

Furthermore, both F-4's picked up and tracked something on their radar, impossible for an astronomical object like a star or planet. Many more details of the encounter do not match Klass' proposed explanation, such as both F-4's and the control tower losing their electronics with close approach to the UFO and a third civilian plane in the region also losing communications.

Jerome Clark commented, "Klass's theory presumes a remarkable lack of even rudimentary observing and technical skills on the parts of the Iranian participants. In some ways it would be easier to credit the notion, for which no evidence exists either, that the witnesses consciously fabricated the sighting. Both Gen. Azarbarzin and air controller Perouzi considered the incident thoroughly puzzling. So, as the documents indicate, did American analysts familiar with it."[14]

When someone who is as respected as Klass comes up with such a ridiculous explanation "the fix is in" seems more and more probable.

This is difficult to explain as well

The incident is regarded by a number of UFO researchers to be one of the premier UFO encounters ever recorded. Some researchers consider it strong evidence for the extraterrestrial origins of the UFO because there was a blackout on the F-4 just when it was going to fire and because of instrumental breakdowns on two different aircraft while they were on the chase. A military spy satellite also recorded this incident. The DSP-1 satellite detected an infrared anomaly during the time of this event that lasted for about an hour.[15]

Ok let us start with my favorite case of all, the 1966 Westall Incident. I've done quite a bit of extensive research on this one particular case - it definately happened, this much I can make out. Even though the Military chased this object, some have speculated that it probably was a Military vehicle, but to make that assertion it did not add up. For instance, the UFO was over well-populated area's. It is in my understanding that when the Military involve top-secret projects, it is usually performed out of the vision of the public eye. The UFO had the audacity to hover over a school, (even one girl got injured somehow and was taken away in some kind of Military ambulance - she was later found by reporters as an adult, here class mates never saw her again) - It is also claimed this UFO actually decended on a field where long grass had been growing, leaving an indentation which in a sense fits the example of a Crop Cirle - I don't have much faith in Crop Circles because I know they can be made over night, however, in this particular case because there was a direct link to an unknown aerial craft, I believe there is some truth behind it. The teachers where urged to stay quiet and if they did not, they would have been open to ridicule... even the children had been prepped by the headmaster telling them not to say anything about the event.

There was vital photographs taken which had been handed to the police. An investigator quite recently went to their archives to find container which kept the photograph in. It was empty. Someone, probably a Military Official was covering their tracks. The only record of this event is located in a public archive (meaning any original coverage of the event). The story is well known in Australia. I believe, the Military had been chasing the object for a while. I don't believe it was their technology, as some investigators would like you to believe. I don't believe the evidence fits the bill to make such a speculation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_UFO

The words in bold print are suggestive and seem to be a common theme of cover up by governments and in this case, if true, have devalued the sighting considerably.

This is one of those cases that sounds great until you get to the inconsistent parts.

Conventional

Although some witnesses reported five Cessna-type aircraft around the object, investigators were unable to find any record of such aircraft. Moorabbin Airport, which is 4.76 km (south-west) from the location, was checked but no aircraft from that airport entered the airspace. The RAAF also reported no military activity in that area.

The Australian Skeptics described the object as potentially having been an experimental military aircraft.[16] They suggest that it may have been a nylon target drogue, like a wind sock, towed by one plane for the others to chase and known to be in use by the local RAAF at the time.

In this case all we have is distant eye witnesses and their accounts are varied. While it is suggestive of something unusual if nothing else I don't think it can be used to back up the ET hypothesis....

I did actually choose one, but hey ho. I don't mind starting with the Tehran Incident. Let's discuss it.

Well yes, I agree with everything you have said so far. What I do find interesting about this case, more so than most cases is the technology involved - the complete disruption and eventual disabling of controls of the pilots aircraft, and the unusual ''mini-object''/probe sent from the diamond UFO which was apparently, seen to decend onto the desert floor, but if there had been an intensive investigation to see whether it had actually crash landed (but why?) then nothing further was said about it and it is, in a manner of speaking, under lock and key.

I don't think the object ''crashed'' as some presume. There was no attacks made directly onto the objects. All we can assume is that it fell to the desert floor... maybe it stayed this low and traversed the air close to the contact of ground to stay off radar contact? Just a presumption.

The Tehran incident is, in my mind, one of the best documented UFO cases we have. There are less well documented reports that this UFO was seen across the Mediterranean all the way to Morocco in various places that night.

There are many well documented cases where the UFO is seen by people radar and even film all at the same time. In science eye witness testimony is considered to be the lest acceptable but when multiple witnesses and radar are involved not to mention a satellite it's difficult to discount the sighting.

The Pheonix lights haven't been ignored. It had actually brought about a significant amount of attention. Take into example, that that the deploy time of the ''flares'' where out of synch of about 30 minutes of the recorded observation of the phenomenon!

Not everyone knows this. A bit of the problem is that places like wiki only tell you some of the story without a complete investigation into the facts of the case. Not only was the flare-situation taken out of temporal event with the phenomenon, but also that flares fall observationally on the horizon - a simple human can see a flare drop no matter what height over a period of significant time - take into consideration, the phenomenon lasted over an hour ... so go figure... Was what the residents of Pheonix a UFO, that hovered over their houses and towns-sake, blocking out lights due to its tremendous size?

It is possible, the military attempted a flare covert operation as this phenomenal event occurred, however, it seems also likely they knew this aircraft was about and tried to divert attentions with their military actions.

The Pheonix lights haven't been ignored. It had actually brought about a significant amount of attention. Take into example, that that the deploy time of the ''flares'' where out of synch of about 30 minutes of the recorded observation of the phenomenon!

Not everyone knows this. A bit of the problem is that places like wiki only tell you some of the story without a complete investigation into the facts of the case. Not only was the flare-situation taken out of temporal event with the phenomenon, but also that flares fall observationally on the horizon - a simple human can see a flare drop no matter what height over a period of significant time - take into consideration, the phenomenon lasted over an hour ... so go figure... Was what the residents of Pheonix a UFO, that hovered over their houses and towns-sake, blocking out lights due to its tremendous size?

It is possible, the military attempted a flare covert operation as this phenomenal event occurred, however, it seems also likely they knew this aircraft was about and tried to divert attentions with their military actions.

If the Phoenix lights were an alien space craft it was of Brobdingnagian proportions, it was on the scale of a STNG Enterprise, very difficult to understand the why and how of such a huge object not attracting as much attention as a naked woman in church.

It's one of those cases that is either so wrong it's laughable or so right it's terrifying... but no way to really prove it either way which to me is suspicious, either the military was aware of it and covered it up or they are just as clueless as everyone else.

Such a large object should have been detected by satellites as it approached the Earth, even hobby level astronomers should have seen it. I really don't know how to make a judgement call on this one...

If the Phoenix lights were an alien space craft it was of Brobdingnagian proportions, it was on the scale of a STNG Enterprise, very difficult to understand the why and how of such a huge object not attracting as much attention as a naked woman in church.

It's one of those cases that is either so wrong it's laughable or so right it's terrifying... but no way to really prove it either way which to me is suspicious, either the military was aware of it and covered it up or they are just as clueless as everyone else.

Such a large object should have been detected by satellites as it approached the Earth, even hobby level astronomers should have seen it. I really don't know how to make a judgement call on this one...

Well, I do think it is crazy to dismiss the obvious, and the obvious lies in the evidence, which is quite in the abundance sir.

Well, I do think it is crazy to dismiss the obvious, and the obvious lies in the evidence, which is quite in the abundance sir.

Still it remains an eye witness only phenomena, no radar, no satellite observations, nothing but what some people said they saw. Which is more probable, an optical illusion spawned by military flares or a giant space craft that came and went for no cause what so ever?

Still it remains an eye witness only phenomena, no radar, no satellite observations, nothing but what some people said they saw. Which is more probable, an optical illusion spawned by military flares or a giant space craft that came and went for no cause what so ever?

What is a multiple eye-witness account, if all consistent?