Science Forums

Hunger

Queso

I was thinking about the "hand-wiring" as fish likes to call it, of our evolution just now...

When i get hungry, i notice i get subconciously greedy and selfish. is this because way back when, when we had to fight for food, the hungry ones would fight the hardest to eat?

or something like that-i don't know.

i just notice a drastic change in my personality from when i'm hungry, and not.

no, it's just very small stupid things. i guess the word isn't greedy...i just get really iritated and can only focus on food and getting it. like a crack addiction :friday:

i just realized how obvious this question was, of course we get this way when we're hungry....because we need to eat.

i'm just trying to understand the mechanics of it.

It seems reasonably feasable to connect a "determined" attitude towards a need. These may be balanced or even countered by more pressing or dominant needs. For most humans the protection of the family is a dominant one followed by protection of self. If progeny are involved we are inclined to do what we have to to survive. This does not mean that we will knock down old ladies running out of a building. We have psychology that will counter much of the instinctual urges at preservation that may not be helpful as a whole.

I don't think that this happens to you because in the past, humans had to fight for their food, this thing can never be inherited, it's simply your personality when your brain doesn't have total control of it, and it differ from person to another.

you know, when people get hungry, sad or angry their conscious brains loose partial control of there behavior and they start to act "partially" free, as they just don't focus a lot on any particular thing.

Well, I do get irritated very easily when I'm eating, which is very difficult when you have a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old. Like for instance I can't stand when there are things touching my arms when I'm eating, if there are papers and junk on the table they need to be clear of my arms so I don't feel cramped. I do get grumpy about these things usually.

That is called delerium, not freedom.

you're right I just wanted to say this in other words, I guess "free" wasn't the best choice. maybe ”delirium” is better to say

Well, I do get irritated very easily when I'm eating, which is very difficult when you have a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old.

it is normal for children to get irritated very easily, children don't think before they react, and later on when they grow up they stop this as they learn to think and then respond

it is normal for children to get irritated very easily, children don't think before they react, and later on when they grow up they stop this as they learn to think and then respond

it's not so much them getting irritated, it's more of them irritating me by not sitting still and not making loud noises and things like that. Of course the baby does it so that doesn't bother me as much but my daughter who is 5 is a bit hyperactive. It just takes some getting used to, but she is getting better in the last year or so.

it's not so much them getting irritated, it's more of them irritating me by not sitting still and not making loud noises and things like that. Of course the baby does it so that doesn't bother me as much but my daughter who is 5 is a bit hyperactive. It just takes some getting used to, but she is getting better in the last year or so.

ok! your children are getting you irritated?!, u know, they are just children and they need to play and you just can't expect them to stay calm all the time, you just have to do ur best not to get angry or irritated, I think that it's easier for you to learn how to control yourself not to get irritated, yeah! it's way easier than teaching your 5 year old daughter not to get u irritated.

by the way... it's fine to have a noisy child, calm children do not keep the house alive.

my little brother is noisy and I really get mad at him as I have to study for my exams, but yet I can't think of him other than that !

I don't mind her being noisey and active, I'm just getting where I want to start teaching her how to behave at the dinner table, you know, manners and all that. It would be nice to be able to take them to a restaurant without annoying the hell out of everyone around us.

I don't mind her being noisey and active, I'm just getting where I want to start teaching her how to behave at the dinner table, you know, manners and all that. It would be nice to be able to take them to a restaurant without annoying the hell out of everyone around us.

well !, I don't know... but your daughter is really so young, give her more time and she will learn all what u want her to learn, it's a matter of time

and about the restaurant issue, maybe it's better for now to take here to a restaurant where people know you, so you can avoid embarrassment

yeah!...hopefully it will last, or ...

you know ebay is better than scientific experiments :friday:

That could be dangerous...they could end up with some wierd cat lady or something. At least if they go to a science lab you know that they will be used fro the betterment of mankind...like testing make-up or something. :eek:

That could be dangerous...they could end up with some wierd cat lady or something. At least if they go to a science lab you know that they will be used fro the betterment of mankind...like testing make-up or something. :eek:

but science lab will not make alot of money, maybe offering them for hiring is good, at least this can allow switching between users :friday: