Science Forums

Survival Wagon Idea - Recreation Or Reality TV

Turtle

Here's a setup for you Mr T.

she's a peach!! all that a survivalist has to add to that is a little dog in a sailor suit, and a tiller to prop it on. :rotfl:

reminds me of the time i got ahold of a plastic-shelled-foam-cored 12 foot runabout and after "fixing 'er up", strapping a 25hp outboard to 'er and setting sail. 3 aboard captain. aye. clear of dock? lines aboard? giving 'er 1/4 throttle.....rrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm....crack... crunch... splash, spalsh, crunchy...RRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMM holler what the !#@%!^!#!!!!!@$@#%!#&$^*@Q~@@@@@ happened back there? the transform broke off? which part? the whole%%@%%~%^#$&@$&@$!!!!! transom!!!??? get @@%#^##^#^#6!!! hold onto that engine and get the paddles before this current pulls us past the landing!!! padddle!!!! don't drop my engine!!! no; forget the gas can....PADDLE!!! :help:

oh...i digressed again...my bad. the moral of the story is that while necessity may be the Mother of invention, desperation is the Father of furious paddling. :rotfl:

...Of course if width were not an issue converting one of these to a human powered wagon would be just the ticket...amphibious...check....able to roll over stuff check....cool....check...capable of carrying a lot of gear....check

ah yes. i bet you would have to go back more than 50 years to find a Mechanix Illustrated without one of those advertised. so...besides width nix...check...3 too many wheels...check...no steering...check...too blunt of bow...check...too closely resembles a turtle...check... :lol:

it is just this variety of individually designed setups around a core theme that make a recorded rally the right thing to do. can't be any worse than ...well, something that is worse. :lol:

ROFLMAO!!!

Diggit somebody already did the hard part, an amphibious trailer!

mmmmm...not enough clearance...wheels too short & too wide...no specs at seller...no steering...no brakes...flammable...call for price & availability? phhhffff no deal. :blink: so does anyone else see the irony of flammable fire-fighting equipment? :lol:

amphibious trailer @ Wild Fire Truck & Equipment Sales Ltd.

Ltd.? :rolleyes:

keep 'em coming buck. :)

Lack of steering on a drawn wagon...what for you need steering?

I got's it...recycle some 55gal drums by adding axles, wheels, and a top hatch,,,they floats good...I even used one with a large hole cut out of the side as an improvised boat for a stretch....done as a tandem one boat one amphibious cargo barge...stability could be attained by rigging a means of joining the two side by side at the water's edge....roll out the barrels

.......................................................................................................

Edited by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

Lack of steering on a drawn wagon...what for you need steering?

because without it you are dragging the tires sideways even for slight turns. :yes:

I got's it...recycle some 55gal drums by adding axles, wheels, and a top hatch,,,they floats good...I even used one with a large hole cut out of the side as an improvised boat for a stretch....done as a tandem one boat one amphibious cargo barge...stability could be attained by rigging a means of joining the two side by side at the water's edge....roll out the barrels

.......................................................................................................

that might work. how much does one weigh? what's the exact size? weld on a pointy bow & arm for the front wheel & simple brackets for the backets. :spin: maybe just a little more than half a barrel lengthwise and fabric cover for the opening? mind you as far as "boat" goes, i'm not planning on getting in it, only being able to float the gear.