Science Forums

Unexplainable event

Queso

Talking about unexplainable events, has anyone here had dreams that become reality? I have had at least a half dozen in my lifetime that have come true. The most memorable one that comes to mind is when I dreamed that my brother was on an airplane and had come down with a violent illness. It bothered me so much that when morning came, I called my mother to check on him. Seems that he had "infact" gotten seriously ill while returning from a trip to Mexico. I had had no former knowledge of this journey as I was living in Ohio at the time and my brother was still living in Missouri where I was born and raised. These events are somewhat common for us humans, but there are no known scientific reasons for such occurrences. Any ideas why these events happen??

Today's Earth Science picture of the day ( http://epod.usra.edu/ ) reminded me of this thread, and gives a possible explanation.

«

Earth Science Picture of the Day for May 11, 2005

A brilliant subsun, seen here from the window of an airplane flying near 25,000 feet, seems to float in clear air above the San Joaquin River in California. This photo was taken on March 3, 2005, over the Central Valley of California -- to the east of San Jose. Subsuns are caused by reflection of the Sun off of flat (horizontally aligned) ice crystals that act like tiny mirrors. They're usually seen in association with clouds lying below the aircraft. Here, however, the cloud layer is so thin as to be completely invisible, making the subsun appear to be of mysterious origin. Far below, the river also reflects sunlight (sunglint) as it winds its way through the narrow canyon it has created over the ages.

»

Picture here -- http://epod.usra.edu/archive/images/sbsn305r.jpg

Sounds like a similar cause to that of the sun dog.