Science Forums

The Unified Theory of Existence

Nix

Hi all,

I have a story to tell and am hoping for some assistance.

Years ago I found a copy of a book named 'The Unified Theory of Existence'. After finally reading some of it I was hooked, but other than drunken rants where I horribly distorted the true essence of this theory, I never (had the courage to) find someone who knew of or better yet had read the book. So I googled it. Again and again. And was lead here to someone called Tinny who was quoting it. The book says it's part of a trilogy, and I only have the first part, and no links anywhere else to follow. Im hoping Tinny or someone else will fill me in.

cheers from the newbie

...Years ago I found a copy of a book named 'The Unified Theory of Existence'. After finally reading some of it I was hooked,... Im hoping Tinny or someone else will fill me in.
I am no help on your search, but welcome to the forums. You can certainly send Tinny a private message to get attention to the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haha, I'm back with an internet connection now! I'm at the library of Malaysian Technology University (sneaked in).

Anyway, the Unified Theory of Existence is a "rare, out of print, antique" collection these days. You can buy a used one for $120 AUD here:

http://www.booksandcollectibles.com.au/bsearch.php3?bsearch_submit=Search&auth=John+Dixon-Jenkins&title=The+Unified+Theory+of+Existence+%28A+Love+story%29+%28Vol.+I%29

About the author, he is an American former professor of psychology at Princeton University and SUNY Buffalo, with a high-level background in theoretical physics, having worked at a theoretical physics lab with such names as John Archibald Wheeler.

Hi all,

I have a story to tell and am hoping for some assistance.

Years ago I found a copy of a book named 'The Unified Theory of Existence'. After finally reading some of it I was hooked, but other than drunken rants where I horribly distorted the true essence of this theory, I never (had the courage to) find someone who knew of or better yet had read the book. So I googled it. Again and again. And was lead here to someone called Tinny who was quoting it. The book says it's part of a trilogy, and I only have the first part, and no links anywhere else to follow. Im hoping Tinny or someone else will fill me in.

cheers from the newbie

it is a great book .how did u get it.

Yup. This book's got it all in philosophy, physics, psychology, evolution, sociology, even mysticism.Maybe this last paragraph from the book should entice you guys:

Occasionally there occurs in the progression of human knowledge a great leap forward in understanding. The unified theory of existence provides the impetus for the greatest single stride forward in the long development of the human race. The unified theory of existence is the culmination of modern scientific knowledge combined with the essence of ancient wisdom. The unified theory of existence is not simply a body of knowledge, no matter how significant. It is a body of knowledge specifically designed to alter the consciousness of humanity in a positive direction. This is to be accomplished by raising the level of consciousness of each individual who becomes aware of this new world view. The unified theory of existence shall be the catalyst for a revolution in every aspect of human life. With this knowledge humanity shall survive the present threat of extinction and travel the path to perfection. This is the beginning of the utopian dream...

Taken from last paragraph of third volume:

All that need be done is to teach the positive, more objectively accurate world view presented in Volume One of the unified theory of existence trilogy, and the understanding of the laws of learning presented in Volume Three, to a social group of any size(up to and including the whole of the human race); and, that social group will naturally move toward the more full expression of everything which is good and right, to the perfect manifestation of all positive characteristics. The larger the size of the social group, and the more effectively the knowledge contained in the unified theory of existence is taught, the quicker and more significant will be the progression toward all things good and right. The knowledge presented in the unified theory of existence, although being of a high intellectual level, can be taught in a way that is made easily understandable to those of any age or academic background. Anyone who understands the unified theory of existence, at whatever level, can impart that knowledge to others in a way that will have some positive benefit. Obviously, the better the understanding of the unified theory of existence, and the more skilled the teacher, the greater will be the positive effect. Through an understanding of the laws of learning we can become more able to exercise our free will. This can be done by the conscious exercise of the holistic analysis, whereby every input from the total environment can be measured against an objective standard, the positive, more accurate world view presented in the unified theory of existence. By understanding the affects upon our development of interactions with the inner and outer world, we can enhance the effect of those influences which move us toward that which is positive, and diminish the effect of those influences which move us toward that which is negative. We can use the process within our consciousness, referred to as holistic analysis, to evaluate our every thought, word, and deed. In the simplest of terms, the criteria for that which is good and right could be determined by the following three questions - is this good for me; is this good for society; and, is this good for the planetary environment. Any thought, word, or deed that meets those three criteria will certainly be good and right, and will aid in the progression toward a utopian future.

1.tinny i think u need to explain the objective more accurate world view. what is it?
The worldview centers on the envolution process directed by God from light at the singularity (Big Bang) to the most complex organisation of matter, that is humans. Envolution describes a process whereby simple material existence, exhibiting few of the characteristics of life and consciousness, comes to exhibit fully and perfectly all characteristics of life and consciousness. Our physical universe and all that it contains is part of the reproductive nature of perfected being, God. We human beings are the created children of God. For billions of years natural law directed this progressive development of simple matter until human life came to exist. At our level, human existence, natural law no longer externally directs continued progression toward perfection. One of the characteristics being progressively expressed is free-will. Natural law must still be followed, but we humans have the ability and the obligation to choose whether or not to follow that natural law. If we are to fulfil the purpose of physical existence, which is to attain perfection in every aspect, we can only do so by choosing to follow natural law. If we do not choose to follow natural law we will cease to exist as a developing lifeform. The future of humanity has only two possible paths. We will continue to progress to a perfect and absolute existence or we will cease to exist as a species. The path to perfection is the way of harmony and beauty, a future of peace and love.

That shoud be good enough for the time being.

2.ur defination of good and right because every one seems to be coming up with a new defination every time.
Whatever is done in accordance with natural law (that which aids the progression of existence) is good and right. another thing to note is that good and bad is absolute, not relative.

Ex: Killing is morally wrong. Why? To think on this question from the 'objective, accurate worldview', imagine if everybody tried to kill each other. Would that aid the progression of existence, or hinders it? Of course, it would be disastrous, to the extent of human extinction. Therefore, killing is absolutely wrong. However, it is sometimes unavoidable that in order for progression to be attained, there might be some killing. In this case, the act is still wrong, but a necessary wrondoing. It is vital to keep in mind that killing is wrong so that it does not become accepted as a norm of proper human conduct.

Do I make myself clear here?

3.what is ur defination of utopia and utopian future?
It is simply a full manifestation of everything good and right. There is no limit to perfectedness. We are currently so far astray from utopia that an unprecedented utopian world in the future is simply unimaginable. Don't get me wrong though. A utopian future would not be a mundane world with stereotypical people. A full manifestation of human freewill will exhibit infinite creativity and diversity of everything good.

Is all this complicated? does it sound like science-fiction to a degree?

what do u mean that we r the created children of God?
you are asking good questions that seem intentionally trying to test my understanding, of which you already understand very well. Regardless, I've forgotten the answer to that. It somehow relates to vicegerency.