Science Forums

2012 Conspiracy theories

well i have answer for the war? you'r stupid if you think that it wouldn't cause war.... see if those things would happen there would be more arguement about money , cover and it would be a crisis what would end up to war adding other countries maybe in it? see if those would happen do you think everyone would just be like "oh well, that happens our country is out of money. i hope some other country will give us money , even tough the whole world is in a great chaos" .. okay.

• 3 months later...

According to maya sabhyata world ended on 21st December 2012. Kindly tell me that Do you believe in 2012. How are you preparing yourself for 2012

My wife and I are planning on going back to Mexico for next Christmas/New Years, and will be at Chichen Itza on December 21, 2012 for a front row seat to the end of the world. I will let you know how it went when we return in January 2013. Certain people who stand to profit from peddling the idiotic rumor are the ones spreading the fear-mongering. The current Mayan calender cycle ends December 21, 2012, nothing more. Like any other calender, when the year ends, you flip the page and start a new year. The current bit of stupidity blends the Sumerian story of a dark destroyer named Nibiru with the Mayan cycle of rebirth and renewal. I am sure the Mayans were well versed in Sumerian lore. If a massive body such as the alleged Nibiru existed, it would have been detected long ago by it perturbation of the orbits of all the objects in the solar system from past incursions. It is allegedly on a 26,000 year cycle and the Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Our orbit is slightly elliptical due to the impact of a Mars sized body with the early Earth that resulted in the formation of our moon. Other than the axis of Uranus being tilted toward its orbital plane from some other impact, all the other planets, dwarf planets, Kuiper belt objects, and asteroids are quite regular.

P.S. Everyone knows the world will not end until I retire on December 30, 2022. That would be a fitting end to my 44 years of enslavement, being wiped out just as I gain my freedom. You have 11 years, 2 months, and 23 days to prepare. Consider yourself warned. :P

• 3 months later...