Science Forums

Hello! I'm an atheist from the Raelian Movement

Raelian1

This is the fundamental belief: HUMAN SCIENTISTS FROM ANOTHER PLANET CREATED ALL LIFE ON EARTH USING DNA.

Here are some extracts from http://www.rael.org/rael_content/index.php

"On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

He told Rael that:

"We were the ones who designed all life on earth"

"You mistook us for gods"

"We were at the origin of your main religions"

"Now that you are mature enough to understand this,we would like to enter official contact through an embassy"

The messages dictated to Rael explain that life on Earth is not the result of random evolution, nor the work of a supernatural 'God'. It is a deliberate creation, using DNA, by a scientifically advanced people who made human beings literally "in their image" -- what one can call "scientific creationism." References to these scientists and their work, as well as to their symbol of infinity, can be found in the ancient texts of many cultures. "

Great idea, now where did they originate from?

This is the fundamental belief: HUMAN SCIENTISTS FROM ANOTHER PLANET CREATED ALL LIFE ON EARTH USING DNA.

Here are some extracts from http://www.rael.org/rael_content/index.php

From the link you gave:

Leaving our humanity to progress by itself, the Elohim nevertheless maintained contact with us via prophets including Buddha, Moses, Mohammed, etc., all specially chosen and educated by them. The role of the prophets was to progressively educate humanity through the Messages they taught, each adapted to the culture and level of understanding at the time.
( the Elohim referred to from the website is supposed to be our creators)

I totally disagree with this Raelian Movement. How can they claim that those prophets were their messengers when the authentic text of the prophet is totally contradictory to the tenets of the Raelian Movement. I somehow cannot conceive of secular pluralist ideas.

Religion causes people to voluntarily part with aggregate vast sums of money and dedicate their lives under the control of others. Uncle Al likes positive cashflow and effortless impressed hegemony unto the polity. The trick is to be in management not labor.

If you needed a lot of stone cold atheists in a hurry, the first place to look would be the Vatican City.

I sort of agree w/ you uncle Al. well About the vatican city...Although I am a die hard christian, I do not give offering because of the corruption of modern day churches. Why give my money to pay the preachers salary, when I could be using my money to help others? orbsycli, I am quite sure what uncleal meant is that clergy members would rather make money, than preaching the lord's word. He isn't 100% wrong, for centuries the catholic church has been all about money. ( but that is a story unto itself...) UncleAl if I misunderstood what you were trying to say,I would be obliged if you would please correct me.

L2L

Really, if someone from a wierd cult walked up to you and asked you to sign a paper in blood giving your soul to them for five bucks, would you do it?

The Raelian Movement is not a cult. So, what cult do you belong to? A Jewish cult, a Catholic cult or perhaps even an Islamic cult?

Great idea, now where did they originate from?

The Elohim, scientists from another planet, were created by other scientists from another planet, and these scientists were created by other scientists from another planet, and so on ad infinitum. This is an infinte process. If we don't destroy ourselves, we too will also create life on other planets. It's our legacy.

The Elohim, scientists from another planet, were created by other scientists from another planet, and these scientists were created by other scientists from another planet, and so on ad infinitum. This is an infinte process. If we don't destroy ourselves, we too will also create life on other planets. It's our legacy.

I am srry Raelian1 but the entire idea sounds crazy!!!!! Why havnt these scientists revealed themseleves to the entire world???? Do they think we will all reject the idea that they created us? I know I do , but we all have differnt opinions!!!!

I am srry Raelian1 but the entire idea sounds crazy!!!!! Why havnt these scientists revealed themseleves to the entire world???? Do they think we will all reject the idea that they created us? I know I do , but we all have differnt opinions!!!!

The scientists (Elohim) will only reveal themselves once the embassy is there to greet them.

Why do they need an embassy?

They are not invaders. They have shown the desire to come but they respect our choice to say no. It is up to us to invite them - and our invitation is the embassy. It's the least we can do. They created us - without them we would not exist.

Without the neutrality of an embassy, free air space and an official welcome, an unannounced and undesired landing would have enormous political, economic and social repercussions with disastrous consequences worldwide.

Really, if someone from a wierd cult walked up to you and asked you to sign a paper in blood giving your soul to them for five bucks, would you do it?

The Raelian Movement is not a cult. So, what cult do you belong to? A Jewish cult, a Catholic cult or perhaps even an Islamic cult?

I think you got the wrong end of the stick. I think Blazer was saying that if you don't believe in the soul, why would you not sell it to make $5 when it doesn't exist?

The scientists (Elohim) will only reveal themselves once the embassy is there to greet them.

Why do they need an embassy?

They are not invaders. They have shown the desire to come but they respect our choice to say no. It is up to us to invite them - and our invitation is the embassy. It's the least we can do. They created us - without them we would not exist.

Without the neutrality of an embassy, free air space and an official welcome, an unannounced and undesired landing would have enormous political, economic and social repercussions with disastrous consequences worldwide.

Now that just sounds weird... Like the landing of a bunch of super-intelligent aliens isn't going to have an effect if we have a red carpet for them...

As an aside, wasn't there a comet or something a while back? With the mothership hiding in it?

p.s. sorry I got you confused with the Scientology wackos! You aren't a scientologist!