Science Forums

Hello! I'm an atheist from the Raelian Movement

Raelian1

• 2 months later...
Hello! I'm sure some (if not all) of you will agree that there is no god. There is also no soul. I look forward to posting my discussions with you on various topics.

Really, if someone from a wierd cult walked up to you and asked you to sign a paper in blood giving your soul to them for five bucks, would you do it?

...does it have to be a god? Does it have to be an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent *thing*. What about just a supremely intelligent being who figured out how to create these funny little creatures that think by blending together some common household items?

:)

soul.

let's say the eye was an organism all by itself. everything the eye does revolves around sight. therefore, the eye's soul would be sight.

i like to think that music is my soul, i am constantly counting in my head, and tapping with my fingers when i'm not directly listening to it. i find music in senses that are not auditory, and it is my true passion. what i love.

if we work with/at our souls, they will live on through LEGACY. NOT AFTERLIFE.

after-life is pureply metaphorical.

yes, this is my opinion. but i believe it was aristotle who said the eye/soul analogy.

p.s. tormod i don't know how you do it! i've been here 7 months and already the constant cycle of theistic arguments are making me nautious.

soul.

let's say the eye was an organism all by itself. everything the eye does revolves around sight. therefore, the eye's soul would be sight.

i like to think that music is my soul, i am constantly counting in my head, and tapping with my fingers when i'm not directly listening to it. i find music in senses that are not auditory, and it is my true passion. what i love.

if we work with/at our souls, they will live on through LEGACY. NOT AFTERLIFE.

after-life is pureply metaphorical.

yes, this is my opinion. but i believe it was aristotle who said the eye/soul analogy.

p.s. tormod i don't know how you do it! i've been here 7 months and already the constant cycle of theistic arguments are making me nautious.

I never thought of my soul in that way. I have just heard some people say our soul is what seperates us from other animals. orbsycli what kind of music do you like?

By the way, what is the Raelian Movement ?
This is the fundamental belief: HUMAN SCIENTISTS FROM ANOTHER PLANET CREATED ALL LIFE ON EARTH USING DNA.

Here are some extracts from http://www.rael.org/rael_content/index.php

"On the 13th of December 1973, French journalist Rael was contacted by a visitor from another planet, and asked to establish an Embassy to welcome these people back to Earth.

He told Rael that:

"We were the ones who designed all life on earth"

"You mistook us for gods"

"We were at the origin of your main religions"

"Now that you are mature enough to understand this,we would like to enter official contact through an embassy"

The messages dictated to Rael explain that life on Earth is not the result of random evolution, nor the work of a supernatural 'God'. It is a deliberate creation, using DNA, by a scientifically advanced people who made human beings literally "in their image" -- what one can call "scientific creationism." References to these scientists and their work, as well as to their symbol of infinity, can be found in the ancient texts of many cultures. "

learnin to learn, i love all kinds of music. i like to think my favorite kind is progressive psychedelic jazz, though. i don't know who would fall into this catagory, but when i jam with my friends it's what we end up playing. I MELT ALL OVER THE FLOOR i have no idea why i am still solid ;)

Religion causes people to voluntarily part with aggregate vast sums of money and dedicate their lives under the control of others. Uncle Al likes positive cashflow and effortless impressed hegemony unto the polity. The trick is to be in management not labor.

If you needed a lot of stone cold atheists in a hurry, the first place to look would be the Vatican City.

Someone once said to me the soul is the lifeforce within the body. When you die the soul (lifeforce) is no longer there, its gone!

What then is the spirit?

Maybe the spirit is the TYPE of lifeforce, maybe good spirit, maybe bad spirit.

:xx: Kizzi