Robust

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some friends and I saw a UFO once. We were looking up at the sky waiting for a meteor shower to start when something crossed the sky from horizon to horizon directly above us.

I find it difficult to describe, but I'll give it a go. It looked like a translucent blemish in the sky—like a gigantic clear trash bag. It was about 3 or 4 times the diameter of the full moon in length and about 1 or 2 times in width. It covered the distance from horizon to horizon in about 4 or 5 seconds (significantly faster than a Jet at high altitude or an orbiting satellite). It did not appear to emit its own light, nor did it appear to block out all (if any) of the stars behind it.

It went in a direction roughly perpendicular to the meteor shower and really looked nothing like a meteor. A couple people in the group who were not familiar with what a meteor shower should look like thought (and said) the meteor shower was starting. To the rest of us, it was immediately apparent that it was no such thing.

My guess as to what I witnessed is a cluster of reentering space debris. By the time it passed over the group it must have been quite low to the ground as to account for its gigantic size in the sky and quick movement. But, I find this explanation somewhat strained simply because that is not what it looked like. It looked like a single, translucent, poorly defined (i.e. difficult to see the edges) object.

I can rule out that it was a government aircraft (stealth or otherwise) because it made no sound. At its speed, it either would need to be close enough to the ground to hear the engines very loudly or high enough to be supersonic. Neither was the case.

I'm sure the truth has an earthly and rational explanation. But, witnessing such a thing, I can certainly understand the extraterrestrial conclusions people come to.

~modest

My first thought is that you witnessed one of those giant clear weather balloons falling to the ground after bursting at high altitudes. Possibly the speed was an illusion fo it being closer to the ground that you thought. Here are some links, do any of these ring a bell?

Unusual translucent UFO above Tallahassee, Florida • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

Canada UFO: Oshawa, Ontario Object Appeared Translucent Like A Jellyfish

My first thought is that you witnessed one of those giant clear weather balloons falling to the ground after bursting at high altitudes. Possibly the speed was an illusion fo it being closer to the ground that you thought.

I am amazed that this didn't occur to me :daydreaming:

It makes perfect sense. The size, the shape, the fact it didn't make any sound... a clear weather balloon close to the ground :piratesword:

Thank you Mooney. I was telling my buddy that there had to be a rational explanation and now I've got something to bring to the table :confused:

~modest

Moontanman;

I think what you saw might have been an orb. Or this form of energy the UFOs use to "sniff" around and it is like a remote video cam to them. I think they are some sort off very high intensity electromagnetic energy?!

any way you are a very lucky person. I have never seen one before, recently though I saw something very strange in the sky (almost directly) above but I was driving thru neighborhoods and the trees, buildings etc, blocked my view. I really wanted to take a good look at it thru binoculars but by the time I got home I lost it.

:daydreaming:

It was a craft for sure,it had some strange lights which I had never seen on a plane or other known aircraft before. And the way it flew it was also very strange! It seemed like it was flying very slow or scanning the ground, it would speed up and then slow down some...and it would slightly change course ..but I really wanted to take a good close look at it before I decide to call it an UFO.

I'd say it was about 10 to 15 thousand feet...less than half of distance on passenger jets.

In any case I know there are other civilizations visiting earth, too many credible witnesses cannot all be lying.

And I know the govt. has recovered some crashed craft and recovered bodies and have been able to fly these craft or make duplicates. but keeps it a secret. Big enough secret that the presidents are not even allowed in (on the deal)...

Main reason for the secrecy is economic one I believe.

And I know the govt. has recovered some crashed craft and recovered bodies and have been able to fly these craft or make duplicates. but keeps it a secret. Big enough secret that the presidents are not even allowed in (on the deal)...

Saying that you "know" such a thing requires evidence per the site rules. Either back up your claim, or do not make such claims. A sighting of an unidentified object does not count as scientific evidence of extraterrestrials.

• 11 years later...

Great information on here on Aliens.

https://www.crystalinks.com/extra.html

Let's go over one of them from the link. Reptilians.

Mythological References to Reptilian Humanoids

Several ancient peoples all over the world have described reptilian beings, and some have described reptilian humanoids. Common in numerous mythologies are tales of reptilian creatures (usually not humanoid) who are often, but not always, hostile to human beings. Also rather common are the myths of "Serpents of Wisdom" who enlightened humanity before the dawn of civilization.

Some individuals, doubting claims of reptilian humanoid sightings or contacts, suggest that the mythological preeminence of reptilian forms could stem from a genetic memory of instincts developed millions of years ago, when mammals were the prey of the reptiles which dominated the Earth. Dreams of reptiles are often interpreted as symbolizing "ancient drives" and "instinctive responses".

Americas

The Toltec Mayan god Gucumatz was described as a "serpent of wisdom" who enlightened humankind. His Aztec counterpart was named Quetzalcoatl. In the Yucatan, he is called Kukulcan.

The Hopi refer to a race of reptoids called the Sheti, or "Snake-Brothers", who live underground. The Cherokee and other Native American peoples also refer to reptoid races.

In pre-Columbian mythology from Colombia, Bachue (the primordial woman) transformed into a big snake. She is also sometimes called the "Celestial Snake" (Serpiente Celestial).

Many users of the drug Dimethyltryptamine (the active ingredient in many South American shamanic potions such as ayahuasca) have seen reptilian humanoids or reptilian disincarnate entities and aliens while hallucinating (Strassman 2000).

Europe

Cecrops I, the legendary first King of Athens was said to have been half man, half snake. The ancient Titans and Gigantes were sometimes depicted as winged man-like beings with serpents instead of legs, for example on a fresco on a temple in Pergamum. In these images from Pergamum, some of which depict the gigantomachy, one sees the giant Klyteios with huge serpents in place of legs.

Boreas (Aquilon to the Romans) was the Greek god of the cold north wind, described by Pausanias as a winged man with serpents for legs.

The European dragon dates back to ancient depictions on various archaeological artifacts. An early instance in literature was the dragon that guarded the Golden Fleece in the Voyage of the Argonauts. In the Middle Ages, tales of dragons seem to have become even more common. The dragon in Europe, as a rule, was not conceived as having a humanoid form, and would not qualify as an instance of a reptilian humanoid unless explicitly described as humanoid.

India

In Indian scriptures and legends the Naga are reptilian beings said to live underground and interact with human beings on the surface. Some are alleged to turn human. In some versions, these beings were said to have once lived on a continent in the Indian Ocean that sank beneath the waves. Indian texts also refer to a reptilian race called the "Sarpa. The Syrictae of India were a tribe of men with snake-like nostrils in place of noses and bandy serpentine legs.

East Asia

The Chinese, Korean and Japanese speak throughout their history of L—ng (Yong in Korean, Ryu in Japanese) or dragons, conceived of in both physical and non-physical forms, but rarely depicted in humanoid form, though they may assume a non-reptilian human form.

The Japanese have tales of Kappa, a basically reptilian humanoid.

In China, Korea and Japan, underwater realms where the Dragon Kings and their descendants live are referred to, as well as the lineage of humans from a race of dragons. This lineage was often claimed by Asian Emperors, who were believed to be able to change from human to dragon form at will, much like the modern concept of shapeshifting reptilians. However, the dragon is seen as good rather than evil in Eastern tradition.

Middle East

In the Middle East, reptilian beings ranging from certain Jinn to dragons and serpent-men have been spoken of since ancient times. In one of the apocryphal books purporting to be the lost Book of Jasher, a serpent race is described.

In the Book of Genesis, God punishes the serpent for deceiving Eve into eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil by decreeing, "Upon thy belly thou shalt go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of your life" (Genesis 3:14 KJV). Traditionally, many have felt this implied that the serpent (a snake or reptile) had legs before then. Thus It is therefore often portrayed in Western art as a humanoid (woman) with a snake's tail, and sometimes lizard-like feet, as in a detail from Bosch's Last Judgement.

In the Middle Ages down to modern times, the Devil was often conceived as a humanoid with reptilian characteristics, as were demons in general. But the New Testament reference of Revelation 12:9 which identifies the serpent of Genesis as Satan himself (the "dragon, devil, Satan, ancient serpent," etc.) gives insight from another angle. The serpent in the Garden of Eden was Satan himself, a beautiful supernatural being (either called a "serpent" symbolically, or because he manifested himself commonly in a dragon/serpent-like form). Hence the reference to "crawling" and "eating dust" is purely symbolic of his ultimate defeat and humiliation.

Africa

In Africa, some shamans claim to bear extensive esoteric knowledge of a race of reptilians called the Chitauri, whom they say control the Earth. They also claim to have accounts of a reptilian race who created them and used them to work their gold mines. Also, the ancient Egyptian god Sobek was portrayed as a man with the head of a crocodile.

Modern Claims

Even in modern times, some claim to have encountered reptilian humanoids. In many of these cases, a UFO is part of the encounter; alien abduction narratives sometimes allege contact with reptilian creatures.

https://www.crystalinks.com/reptilians.html

post-96082-0-93953500-1586684094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thoth101