Science Forums

Cost Effective School Building Design

I've noticed a lot of new school buildings lately, and they all seem quite ornate to me. Are we spending our money wisely? Should we not be building our schools with simplicity in mind? It seems to me that we only need school buildings to be structuraly sound, safe, comfortable, energy efficient, and they should be designed to last over a hundered years with minimal maintainence. The money saved could then be better spent attracting and retaining quality teachers.

Am I wrong? I would like to know.

• 1 year later...

Farming,

I agree with evey word you just said. But the problem is money and greed and power. To many school boards rule the roost and run it (thier way)! The students lose Paul

I've noticed a lot of new school buildings lately, and they all seem quite ornate to me. Are we spending our money wisely? Should we not be building our schools with simplicity in mind? It seems to me that we only need school buildings to be structuraly sound, safe, comfortable, energy efficient, and they should be designed to last over a hundered years with minimal maintainence. The money saved could then be better spent attracting and retaining quality teachers.

Am I wrong? I would like to know.

• 1 year later...