Science Forums

Jesus The Spiritual Warrior Vs Jesus The Sacrificial Lamb

Guilla

speaking of that, i disagree with circumcision, completely, we live in an age where we can

the spirit is circumcised - it's a spiritual thing

i think the sybolism he used was not so good,

he should have said, i can make you bread, and show you how to grow the wheat, harvest, grind the grain, and store it

It doesn't relate to life on earth - it's all spiritual. God's knowledge (bread) feeds the spirit - it's not talking about feeding the body.

- spiritual knowledge is bread and Jesus was saying that he was/is the bread/knowledge.

Every time we learn something new we are feeding our spirit, it's not just a brain thing. If it was just a brain thing then we would only be existing, like the other animals. Humans have been able to grow intellectually because we have something the other animals don't.

Science thrives on finding new knowledge and in that respect they are feeding their spirit while religious people are starving theirs by feeding it the same old things over and over again.

Every time we learn something new we are feeding our spirit, it's not just a brain thing. If it was just a brain thing then we would only be existing, like the other animals. Humans have been able to grow intellectually because we have something the other animals don't.
Again, it would be wise to specify that you personally believe this is so. It isn't something you can demonstrate.

Again, it would be wise to specify that you personally believe this is so. It isn't something you can demonstrate.

I can state emphatically that the Bible says that humans are both spirit and soul but animals are strictly soul.

As for demonstrating the existence of a spirit - you're right - virtually impossible to prove at this point.

Guilla,

you will have noticed that your thread has gone off at a tangent. As CraigD suggested you might want to provide a summary of some kind. Your OP is a long one. Personally I am always suspicious of any document that comes without an executive summary. Rightly or wrongly I feel such a document fails on three fronts: a) it is pointless, since it likely to be ignored; b ) it is of sub-standard quality, since any professional document will contain an abstract c) it is very rude, since it imposes unduly on the prospective reader. I look forward to reading yours.

I can state emphatically that the Bible says that...
Well that's better too. Just a matter of avoiding misunderstanding cuz folk can often get uptight about these things.

Following Eclogite, do you claim any relation of your points to the OP?

• 2 months later...

Sorry I must have missed the last post. I'm not getting some notifications of postings.

The OP was too long. I thought I would respond to this one point just because it was near the top and it makes a really good point, from a certain perspective.

his is not to support Deism, but some of the parts of Thomas Paine’s The Age of Reason are interesting. Think about it, if you would ask a child who never heard about the crucifixion described in the bible: which one should be crucified? a)The Son of God. Or b)The Devil. Most probably the child would say “The Devil of course!!”. Who would want the Devil to get away without punishment? Who would want the Son of God punished?

If this was God's world then of course The Devil would be the one that was punished. The Bible however, says that The Devil is the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4). Therefore, this being The Devil's territory, it stands to reason that The Son of God would not be welcome.