Science Forums

One Email / Topic Reply Until I Go Back To That Topic?

Eclipse Now

Hi all,

just wondering how to cut down the amount of emails I get for the topics I'm watching. In other forums they're called 'Smart notifications' which means that I only get one email to tell me that there's a reply, but I won't get 35 emails if there are 35 replies after that one. Which works better for managing my inbox.

Any ideas? I've had a look, but can't see anything that jumps out at me.

Hey!

This is actually explained in the (currently well hidden) "Help" content, click on "help" in your user info area up on the right side.

Try to change your settings to "Delayed notification" in your User Settings, here:

post-4-063168800 1291360178_thumb.png

There are several types of notification, and you will be asked to choose one of these options:

No Email Notification: This option will not send out any email notification but will retain the forum in your subscriptions panel.

Delayed Emailed Notification: This option will send out a notification if a new topic has been posted and you're not active on the board.

Immediate Email Notification: This option will send out a notification immediately after a new topic has been made, regardless of your activity.

Daily Email Digest: This option will send out a daily digest showing all new topics and all updated topics for the day.

Weekly Email Digest: This option will send out a weekly digest showing all new topics and all updated topics for the week.

post-4-047690100 1291360197_thumb.png

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I have chosen "Delayed email notification" for every time someone posts. But the problem is I am now getting multiple emails every time someone posts in that forum, whether or not I've been back. Say the last time I read a thread is on a Saturday. Someone replies, so I get another email notification on Saturday. But I want to be able to leave that thread alone until the next week, and not get dozens of emails from Monday through to Friday. I want to just click on the Saturday link maybe a week later, and read through all the discussion on the forum since. I don't want an email every time someone posts on the thread: just every-time someone posts after I have posted. Any ideas?