Science Forums

So What's Everybody Watching?

Buffy

Show:Jimmy Neutron

Episode: "Return of the Nanobots"

Favorite line: Nanobot #1; "We must delete all human error"

___________Nanobot #2; "Yes. Let's start with the French".:hihi:

Help Mr. Wizard!

Hey, Turtle, that's *my* house! Throw in "That's So Raven" and "Phil of the Future!" (I drool over Phil! He's a hotie! Don't tell my kid!).

I attribute my daughter's kindliness towards everyone--especially the lost souls in her class--to Spongebob. He's great! Why people have a problem with him holding hands with Patrick I'll never understand....at least he doesn't have a purse like Tinky Winky, although I always stress the importance to her of being properly accesorized....

Okay, so in addition to the obvious (see my sig these days) how's about that 24 and four (now...oh darn! no spoilers) tribes on Survivor?

Slave to Pop Culture,

Buffy

Help Mr. Wizard!

Hey, Turtle, that's *my* house! Throw in "That's So Raven" and "Phil of the Future!" (I drool over Phil! He's a hotie! Don't tell my kid!).

I attribute my daughter's kindliness towards everyone--especially the lost souls in her class--to Spongebob. He's great! Why people have a problem with him holding hands with Patrick I'll never understand....at least he doesn't have a purse like Tinky Winky, although I always stress the importance to her of being properly accesorized....

Okay, so in addition to the obvious (see my sig these days) how's about that 24 and four (now...oh darn! no spoilers) tribes on Survivor?

Slave to Pop Culture,

Buffy

___I had a premonition that you would mention Raven!:) I don't drool for Phil.:) :cup:

___I attribute some antics of the round headed kid to Sponghead Squarebob.:bat:

___Where's the Suite Life of Zack & Cody? Fun for girls & boys?:)

___Now don't tell anyone Buff, either kid or grup, but late at night after everyone has gone to sleep, I watch reruns of Yes Dear on broadcast TV.:hihi: :)

Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome,

time for this one to come home.

___I had a premonition that you would mention Raven!:)
<camera zooms in on Turtle's eyes>
___Where's the Suite Life of Zack & Cody? Fun for girls & boys?
The not-so-little-one thinks Cody's really cute (but not Zack, go figure).
___Now don't tell anyone Buff, either kid or grup, but late at night after everyone has gone to sleep, I watch reruns of Yes Dear on broadcast TV.:hihi: :bat:
Drew Carey. "Cleveland Rocks!" :)

Still the strangest thing on kids TV these days: "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" ("Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!")

Sorry about that, Chief,

Buffy

Seems no one on thread really watches "real" reality shows...

Baseball, Football, and Basketball Games! real competition, with Beer ads! Real Americana...

( I know Turtle watches Mariner baseball games :hihi: )

Documentaries! Especially Space, History, and War stuff... :hihi:

Seinfeld and Cheers for re-runs

Simpsons for Cartoon :)

Seems no one on thread really watches "real" reality shows...

Baseball, Football, and Basketball Games! real competition, with Beer ads! Real Americana...

You must not be paying attention, son: NASCAR starts *tomorrow*! Bud Shootout! Go Junior!

And as Infy will tell you, NHRA starts tomorrow too in Pomona.

Football? That's for wimpy dudes...

Vrrroooom,

Buffy

Real racing fans watch Formula 1. The pinnacle or racing, where they speed up, slow down, and turn in more than one direction! :)
Are you kidding me? F1 where they finish in the same lame "he won 2 years ago so he should start first" order that they start in? Even the F1 folks are trying to figure out how to "fix" their "sport". And there are now 2 road courses on the Nascar circuit (we try to make it to Sears Point--er Infineon every year) and more to come! :hihi:

Just ask long-time road course veteran Boris Said (yes, I'm a "Said-head" too) if those ovals are for "wimps." He'll laugh and say "try it some time...."

And if you try to bug Infy about "races with no turns" you're *really* asking for trouble... :)

I Ppppbbbbtt in your general direction, :hihi:

Buffy

You must not be paying attention, son: NASCAR starts *tomorrow*! Bud Shootout! Go Junior!

And as Infy will tell you, NHRA starts tomorrow too in Pomona.

Football? That's for wimpy dudes...

Vrrroooom,

Buffy

Touche' Buffy...

I'm not gonna punk NASCAR, because the Competitors are really good guys, compared with a lot of spoiled jocks.

I just don't see the thrill of 200,000 Rednecks burning non-filtered cigarrettes while chugging down tall-cans and watching over-advertised cars make left turns in the sun for hours!! :hihi:

Besides, I'm a Craig Biffle guy! :hihi: He's from my town outside Portland.

As far as the Olympics go, With the exception of Hockey, The real action is in the Summer games!

I'm sure its huge with Northern European countries though...

Are you kidding me? F1 where they finish in the same lame "he won 2 years ago so he should start first" order that they start in? Even the F1 folks are trying to figure out how to "fix" their "sport". And there are now 2 road courses on the Nascar circuit (we try to make it to Sears Point--er Infineon every year) and more to come! :hihi:

Good points all, however, your description of the qualifying system was a bit *I'm sure intentionally* mis-stated.

Road courses in Nascar? Now I'd love to watch that, but those cars are heavy and don't turn so well. They're just not tuned for it.

As for the oval track thing, I seriously think that this is the closest we've come to warping spacetime. (EDIT: maybe some of the bombs we've exploded...) Think about the swirl of mass and the speeds involved... of course it's no black hole, but it is cool.

Anyway, I stand by F1, even though it has some kinks to work out. The engineering is simply stellar. Nascar has some giants too, I'll concede that. But come on, how do you beat a $400 million season budget? Enjoy the races...

When are those ones with road tracks?

As far as the Olympics go, With the exception of Hockey, The real action is in the Summer games!

I'm sure its huge with Northern European countries though...

You got it upside down. Winter Games is the Real Deal. This year Norway will win most medals in cross-country skiing, ski jumping, biathlon, speed skating, curling, and, er, probably lots of other stuff (hockey is for losers). :hihi:

Summer games...bah. We did win the gold in the 800 in Atlanta!!! And the women's javelin somewhere. And, uhm, ... :hihi:

What a bunch of whiners.

The *Olympic Winter Games* are on. Nuff said!

Yes! I was even going to start a thread on the Winter Olympics to see who watches. I'm not too big on the cere-moanies, but I look at the crowd, architecture, or production values during those parts. I intend to watch as much as possible of the 2006 Winter Olypics. Thanks to Tormod & his Norwegian kin for giving us skiing!:hihi:

I just don't see the thrill of 200,000 Rednecks burning non-filtered cigarrettes while chugging down tall-cans and watching over-advertised cars make left turns in the sun for hours!! :hihi:
Nascar: its not just for rednecks anymore: two years ago the Dead (the non-dead ones that is) sang the National Anthem at Sears Point! Lotsa BMWs with Kerry bumperstickers in the parking lot for that race!
Besides, I'm a Craig Biffle guy! :hihi: He's from my town outside Portland.
You mean Greg... Not a Biffle fan, sorry. Reminds me too much of Kurt Busch (Kyle's great, but I don't care for his older brother's attitude...). But everyone's gotta home town favorite....

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity,

Buffy

...but those cars are heavy and don't turn so well. They're just not tuned for it.

When are those ones with road tracks?

Oh they build different cars for the road courses, and you need to go see all the different types of cars on these tracks, because they're all "different", not "better".

Sears Point/Dodge-SaveMart 350 (Sonoma, CA) June 25

Watkins Glen (Watkins Glen, NY) August 13.

Watch 'em, you'll be glad you did!

Oooh, I have to go wash my hair....

Redline 8000,

Buffy